Old 05-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #1

Campground etiquette

Pulled into a busy state park yesterday evening and someone was blocking the only entrance into the campground while he filled his water tank at a spigot next to a campground. I know that people don't like to travel with a full tank but at least have a little consideration for fellow campers. The same thing happened when I got back from getting firewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #2

Did the CG not provide enough room, or did this guy take his half out of the middle?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #3

Right in the middle. There was a designated place to get water but it's by the dump station and people shy away from there

Old 05-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #4

patience please. When getting in a hurry, bad things happen. If you go camping very often, people/cars/trucks/camper/Kids...KIDS....KIDS will be in the campground roadway. It does take a little time to fill up water tanks. It takes a little time to pull in/back in/ line up in ones camping spot. It does take a little while to level out and unhook your unit and your truck is sticking out and blocking the road. 'Bad' things happen when these other people hurry and you will one day have something 'bad' happen to you if you hurry. 'You' do not want to hurry and unhook your unit in order to get your truck out of the road way and not take count of all of your group and while you are looking at your 'wife', a child or dog or old lady walks around your truck and you hit them..... Patience Grasshopper.
It may have nothing to do with 'etiquette' and all about safety. To that person and his unit and to you. Can you see that large limb hanging down in front of his unit and he is in the middle of the road and you 'squeeze' around him and your AC unit is half ripped off because of that limb. Life is too short to get upset about the little things.... and this is a little thing.

Blessings

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post
Right in the middle. There was a designated place to get water but it's by the dump station and people shy away from there

What can you say or do some people are just rude and stupid, and don't care. Others just don't know better. It's the rude and stupid ones that bother me the most.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #6

Let's see my tank holds 50 gallons of water-so over 400 lbs- so I'm not traveling with a tank of water. If that is where he had to get the water then that's it. Complain to the campground that they need to relocate tap. Or is it just possible that you were in a bad mood?
Old 05-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #7

Some people are just oblivious. It's best to just go on with your weekend and count your blessings that you don't have to work or live with them. Don't let your trip get ruined upon pulling in!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post

A Lot of times water at a dump station is non-portable. But you still should try and pull off as far as is safe so people can pass. It's like pulling in to fuel up and find the pump with an RV sitting there and your waiting and find out that he went inside to eat and left it there, Just Rude people, don't let it ruin your day. You can't control what stupid people due. To pulling in and parking, If your a camper you know that it will take awhile for them to back in, but most sites also accommodate your TV depending on size. That is a little different then parking in the middle of the road, unless something was blocking him from pulling over. It is the same at the dump station it is rude to flush your tank 5x's or so while you have a line behind you. What ever happen to common sense?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #9

Each of us is the center of the world

I wonder if the other camper just need a little help. This might have been an opportunity to show compassion and understanding. When I've done something dumb many times Others have offered help.

In NJ the curse and make gestures at me. Since moving to North Carolina I have been given a lot of courtesy. Other givers slow down move over or come over to offer help.

Please show others the thoughtfulness you would like. Giving patience and assistance to other gives me joy few other things do.

May I remember all this the next time I need it..
Old 05-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #10

All is good because we were camping and we waited patiently for them to fill their tank. I know that many do not like to travel with full tanks but if possible use the designated fill station or please use hose bibs located closer to your campsite and not the hose bib at the first camps site that blocks everyone else from entering the campground.

I know it is only 15-20 minutes to fill the tank but, it can seem like much longer than that after driving several hours with kids or pets who are close to the destination and are hyper beyond belief.

Tags
mpg