Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #21

We go camping to get away and relax and enjoy great family time. We have 3 year old twin boys so our days are pretty occupied with them. Start off the day with a nice breakfast fixed on the grill. Our days are pretty much occupied with the playground, ball, swimming, hiking, biking and activities if the campground has any. Followed by a nice dinner fixed on the grill and then more play time and campfire. Once the boys settle down a few beverages are consumed.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #22

Beach, fishing, kayaking, looking for wineries or breweries, antiquing, clamming, and the almost nightly games of Mexican Train!

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #23

Just plain hanging out with the family our time together is just that family time we work constantly so when we get away we just like to be the family no phones computers or junk I enjoy watching my kids grow up and mature they do it way to fast as it is now
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #24

Wow, reading this thread really gets you excited to go camping. We would love to this weekend but us Northerners are in for snow...
Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #25

Time away from the everyday! We typically stay at cg's so we are not roughing it :-). Just time to reconnect with each other, walk, read, ride bikes, and see what each area has to offer. We love local shops and restaurants.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Phlunky

We typically like to find a place that we can trail ride and enjoy some of the things you would otherwise not have access to. When we return at the end of the day, we either hang with folks we met that day or start a fire and enjoy some adult beverages around the fire.

Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
MI Camperz

We're seasonal too like Wiscampsin. We bike ride a lot and go on our pontoon for fishing/swimming. Just ride around in the golf cart, or go for walks. It is a large CG with many amenities (pool, golf course, tennis courts, beach, etc. etc.) and many activities for young and old alike. We usually play in the euchre tournament every friday cuz we like the people and so we have spending money for the w/e. Between my DH and I, one of us usually wins a place.

Greenwood Acres Family Campground.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #28

We do what we can't at home R & R.......When the boys were young we did activities based on them & went to see the areas, (mostly local / Yorktown/ Williamsburg & annually to Lancaster PA) enjoyed being away ......today still in VA but further souuthwest when the boys & daughter in law are with us much of the same, (they are in their 20s now) cornhole, card games when we can't be outside, sit by the fire.................... ( Main reason for a TH now gives us much more room)

We also enjoy walking the dogs and in the big campgrounds ride them (& us) on the golf car around the campground..........check out what others set ups are.... Take the dogs & watch the sunrise on the beach........ In general just plain people watch.......met a lot of nice people that way.............. The dogs are great ice breakers. Did I mention people watch.... I think the dogs love to people & dog watch too....

We have a little more vacation when we are not local camping we are usually at Myrtle Beach (3 weeks this year) again partially for the boys & now the grandson....

Our Thanksgiving tradition has now moved to Myrtle Beach it's great to have our family & the daughter in laws family (they camp too) together..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #29
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Oak, is your cart gas or electric? Im looking for a campground in Myrtle Beach that will allow my gas cart............
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Oak, is your cart gas or electric? Im looking for a campground in Myrtle Beach that will allow my gas cart............
Its electric...... We stay at Ocean Lakes & yes they only allow electric....... not sure of which if any allow gas........ good luck on your search!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote