Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #21

My sister used Peapod beds by Kidco for her twin girls and loved them. Quick set up & folds flat!

Kidco, Inc. - PeaPod™
Manassas, VA
2011 camping days booked - 18 and counting
allards5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #22

We were at the RV Show this month and saw a product that was IMHO a great idea for camping with babies. The inventors had a booth set up at the show. Below is a photo that I lifted from their website. The popatot folds up like a canvas camping chair and is stored in a small bag (5 inches by 36 inches) like those chairs.
Here's a link to their website. PopATot

Here's the pic:

They have many other photos of the product on their website. At a cost of $49.99 I think it's a good deal.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #23

Congrats!, We just came back from the Mid-America RV show in Kansas City & met the same gal selling the PopATot also. Looked pretty neat for babies & collapses to a 5x5x36" bag. If you are coming to Branson & want a place for your wife to exercise either running or biking, I would recommend Table Rock State Park. Most of the park is shady, and campground #2 has brand new W/S/E sites for $26 a night(you can look up pics on the MO state park site). We like sites #226, 228, 230, & 232. I'm a runner too & also bring our bicycles camping. Table Rock State Park has a walking, biking, & running asphalt trail that goes from the park to the dam. It travels along side the lake going by the Branson Belle & the Dewey Short Visitors Center. She can get in 5K in just the parks' roads(Branson has some 5K's there I've been in) but its alittle hilly. T.R.S.P. does not have wifi or cable, but the restrooms/showers/& laundry is very clean(in campground #2). You should be able to get the local television stations no problem & you're just 5-10 minutes outside of Branson city limits. Dogwood Canyon is 30 minutes away or less for more running/biking(look at my albums) & is flat. It's very scenic and is one of the gems around this area. Message me for more info on things to do around Branson. Congratulations again on the new baby!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #24

We also used a pea pod the first year camping with our son (he was 8-9 mos old) - worked well on the dinette for the first year. After that I'd say it has pretty limited use...He was crawling that first year and at a LOT of dirt, rocks, etc ....and he's still loving camping!

Togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #25

You have the worst part covered already, climate control. We started tent camping when my sone was 9-10 months old, but then the louisiana summer rolled in good and getting him to nap or sleep at night was a PITA and miserable for all, that is why we went to a popup, for the AC. Then after a couple of rainy trips, we realized we needed more room for inside play and got the tt.
See, you are starting out ahead of the game.
Pack and play is great, especially for enjoying outside time in nice weather with a little one, and if you have the room, they do great inside too. But, the baby dont fall (no idea what they are called really) thing that is like a little wall on the side of the bed and the legs slide under the mattress, works great and is easy to use.
edman87k5 is offline   Reply With Quote