Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 05:53 AM   #21

ive never felt using my dvc points at the fort was worthwhile. I'm not a snowbird yet so my trips to the fort are only in the summer...so i tend to go in august when the rates seem lowest. i keep my points to stay at a DVC resort during the winter months dec-mar since i don't really want to re-winterize the TT after a trip south.

while ive never done the math, for me its seems to make more financial sense to pay for the fort in august than pay for a dvc resort - so we use our points only for a resort stay.

i believe our future plan starting this year is going to be 2 summer trips with the TT to the fort and keep the points for aulani and california in the off season.

for those that think the points are too expensive, buy them resale. while there are alot of stripped down benefits now to buying resale, the points are half the price than from DVC itself. yes you will give up discounts on tickets and the whopping 10% off merc and food other DVC members get, the savings on the points will go a long way to cover that.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #22
DDC

It is nice going to one of the resorts,but, we also liked the ability to camp and have the dog (family) with us, now that I am on my own the dog has become a fixture and you can't take them to the resorts so the campground was the answer. I know kennels but for the price of the kennels I could nearly pay the camping rates. I can stay in the Fort for a week and only use 55 points but they have made it so difficult to book.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #23

Donald do you know they now allow pets in resorts at Disney but at a upcharge, also not sure if that includes DVC resorts. I believe the fee is high so it might be just as bad as the kennels.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Donald do you know they now allow pets in resorts at Disney but at a upcharge, also not sure if that includes DVC resorts. I believe the fee is high so it might be just as bad as the kennels.
Nothing yet for pets at dvc
Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #25

Yea they charge for dogs at the fort also.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
Yea they charge for dogs at the fort also.
interesting. i never realized that...but here it is from the fort wilderness site.

Please note that Guests who wish to stay with their pets at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort will be charged a $5 per-night pet fee.

paying for pets, and now parking? yikes!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #27

There has been a few times where they told us that our dogs are so friendly they're not charging. I'm sure they do that for a lot of folks. While we were there for spring break however we definitely did got charged for it.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #28

10 days and 2 dogs ads up.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #29

I am NOT a DVC member. On August 1, 2018 I was able to book for December 2 - 13th in 2019, on the first try, online.
Ol Poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo20 View Post
interesting. i never realized that...but here it is from the fort wilderness site.

Please note that Guests who wish to stay with their pets at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort will be charged a $5 per-night pet fee.

paying for pets, and now parking? yikes!
so just got back from 14 nights at the fort....while i didnt confirm about the charge for dogs, i will confirm that they now charge 5.00 per package you have delivered there. this is the first time Disney has ever charged me a fee to receive a parcel at any of their resorts...;but they assured me they ALWAYS have charged.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post
I am NOT a DVC member. On August 1, 2018 I was able to book for December 2 - 13th in 2019, on the first try, online.
Booking using $$ is way easier than booking using DVC vacation points. The campground does not release 'inventory' to DVC unless there are no paying guests wanting the sites - or it seems like that. If you pay $$ you can reserve 399 days out and people do just that, using DVC points you can not think about booking until 210 days out AND thats only possible if the campground has released inventory to DVC.

Bottom line for DVC members is that the campground makes more money per site from paying guests than it does from the DVC points exchange. Cant see anything changing soon
Old 09-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo20 View Post
so just got back from 14 nights at the fort....while i didnt confirm about the charge for dogs, i will confirm that they now charge 5.00 per package you have delivered there. this is the first time Disney has ever charged me a fee to receive a parcel at any of their resorts...;but they assured me they ALWAYS have charged.
We just got back from our 4 day labor day trip. We got there late after noon so we already had our site assigned so we bypassed the check in. No see dogs no charge for dogs.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180818_112255.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	185579

Tags
cat