Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #31
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
05CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by phartwig View Post
Phantom 3 owner here. Attachment 96153
Without a doubt one of the nicest ones out there. Price tag though is too high for a "toy". I'd have to have a purpose for it like real-estate so it pays for itself. Love the return home feature.
__________________

__________________
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ozark,Mo
Posts: 129
Ha Ha When I first reading this Ithought you misspelled Husband. My bad. Great pics tho.
__________________

__________________
martin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:26 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Blackhat6mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
Without a doubt one of the nicest ones out there. Price tag though is too high for a "toy". I'd have to have a purpose for it like real-estate so it pays for itself. Love the return home feature.
If you use it for ANY COMMERCIAL purpose, you will need a pilots license. That's the rule here in Georgia, maybe federal, which has grounded several local real estate magazine publishers from using them. You can play with them below 400 ft all you want for your own entertainment, but don't cross the FAA. You will lose every time and it's expensive. Been there, done that.
They ARE fun!
__________________
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:39 AM   #34
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
05CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
If you use it for ANY COMMERCIAL purpose, you will need a pilots license. That's the rule here in Georgia, maybe federal, which has grounded several local real estate magazine publishers from using them. You can play with them below 400 ft all you want for your own entertainment, but don't cross the FAA. You will lose every time and it's expensive. Been there, done that.
They ARE fun!
I'm aware about the ceiling and commercial use. It's in the news enough it's hard not to. 500 up is their airspace.
Keep it as a "personal entertainment hobby" and you'll be ok.
__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,986
And now for News. In the USA at least, you now have to register your drone with the FAA....


FAA announces drone registration rules - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #36
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
05CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
And now for News. In the USA at least, you now have to register your drone with the FAA....


FAA announces drone registration rules - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
I'm sure this will be a great success for the F A A.
__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #37
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
And now for News. In the USA at least, you now have to register your drone with the FAA....


FAA announces drone registration rules - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
You can thank the idiot factor for this, just too many clowns, they should have been required to learn how to fly a fixed wing first and be subjected to all the rules we have had to follow in the RC hobby.
__________________
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NEW JERSEY
Posts: 85
Here's a video I did at Driftstone on the Delaware. Great campground on the Delaware river. Huge sites.

http://vimeo.com/96552442

My copter is a modified DJI F550. I get about 12 minutes flight time.
I use a gopro with a video transmitter to watch on a monitor or TV.

__________________
AGFazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
mcnabbwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lower Michigan
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
You can thank the idiot factor for this, just too many clowns, they should have been required to learn how to fly a fixed wing first and be subjected to all the rules we have had to follow in the RC hobby.
Agreed, X2
__________________
Bill & Pam
2014 Trilogy 3650RE
2015 F350 PSD
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:37 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Had the inspire one from Dji.
Crashed hard first flight.
Sent it to Cali for repair, and three months later, I had it back.

They said it had a faulty flight controller.
Amazing to fly, but scary as heck.
Sold it soon afterwards.


2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
You had an inspire 1? Wow, you don't fool around! I just got a Blade Chrona, same as the Phantom 3. I can't wait to shoot the falls at Tulibee.
__________________

__________________
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.