Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
I have both the Phantom 4 Falcon Edition and the Phantom 4 Pro. I can't find anything that the Litchi program will do over the DJI GO 4 app.
To say the P4Pro will do it all is an understatement. So many functions and IOC mode, follow mode, POI, terrain follow, etc. Far more than I could ever use not being a professional photographer, just a sport flyer. I did, however, blow all the leaves off my roof today I pay a guy $40 every two months to do that.
The extra obstacle avoidance sensors are either a blessing or a curse depending on what you want to do with it.
I let my DD fly it yesterday in beginner mode. Four batteries later and she's hooked!
If you fly this thing in Sport Mode, you better be in wide open spaces! It hauls!!

Please save me some searching, where did you get that case? Drone World?

On a side note the other day was the first time I grew a set big enough to take the 4 pro up in what I consider high winds, I would bet 30 to 40 mph gusts and at least 20 mph or more sustained. I am super impressed even though I only went up about 20' and then wimped out, did not want to have to go into search and rescue.........sure is a battery killer though.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Please save me some searching, where did you get that case?
Here is another case you may want to consider.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dreauxn case.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	127567  

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #243

My case came with the P4 Falcon Edition. Separately it sells for $365 and had wheels and an extending handle. It's built to last for sure. My P4 Pro came in a styrofoam box that works out really well. The Falcon Edition also came with a very nice backpack that fits everything very well but doesn't have the crush proof characteristics of either of the other two cases. You could drive a truck on the hard case and not hurt anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	127596  
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #244

Quote:
My case came with the P4 Falcon Edition. Separately it sells for $365 and had wheels and an extending handle. It's built to last for sure. My P4 Pro came in a styrofoam box that works out really well. The Falcon Edition also came with a very nice backpack that fits everything very well but doesn't have the crush proof characteristics of either of the other two cases. You could drive a truck on the hard case and not hurt anything.
Thanks BH Mike and T4, I have been looking around since I got into this cash absorbing hobby a while back but I tend to try and cheap my way out of things. Guess I am just going to have to bite it and send the ole Divorce-O meter up the scale a little. Ahhhhhh wedded bliss.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #245

Litchi is great for flying way-point missions.
I have it and you just use the map and pick way-points,.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmusa View Post
Litchi is great for flying way-point missions.
I have it and you just use the map and pick way-points,.
They have 2 Litchi apps 1 cost 24.95 that is rated at 4.1 or something like that and then they have a free app that is rated higher, still has the waypoints, which are you using? also did you have to remove the DJI GO app before using it thanks in Advance....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #247

version 3.10 for android.
did not remove go, just dont run both at the same time.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
AquaMan Didn't you post that great overhead shot on the forum of the Nashville Rally this year? I got a phantom 3 for Xmas, I did register it with FAA. I never knew that so many members have them. Good to know Aceinspect told me about this thread. I guess there is a learning curve. Flew it 3x's first time great. Even landed within a couple of feet from where it took off from with the RTH button. 2nd time I was trimming tree branches but no damage. 3rd time my wife was looking out the second story windows watching took to up to take a picture, got to close to the house and hit it. Didn't think about the travel distance to have it stop and hover. As far as the phantom 4 with the 3 sensors that would be nice but all the You Tube I have been watching the one guy says that I was watching that it needs a rear sensor, being he found that's when it will crash with the sensors. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. Is anyone using that app by Litchi? where you can set waypoints? Seen that to but the app cost 24.95. Just wondering... PS: See if you can post some video of the Goshen Rally, would like to see them.
I also have a Phantom 3 Pro and I love it only flew it 6 or 7 times now but I got this video from the first time camping on new years eve. It is a little jerky at times but I'm new.

Video removed by site team
RK Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #249

I don't need any app but the DJI GO 4 for the Phantom 4 Pro as it has the POI and IOC course lock and several other programs that I'm just now learning how to use when the weather permits. I used the follow mode to track my SIL around the jog track during his daily workout. Not sure he was too happy about it, but he eats a lot at our house
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #250

For anyone with DJI drones, there is an interesting website you need to visit. The name is Askit DJI Phantom, but don't know the exact url. Good article with PROOF of a 19,000 ft range with a range extender for the P4 Pro. You can watch it on his monitor. I know mine will go forever, but had no idea that was possible. I live on the ocean, by the way.
It's a forum and you can get help, just askit.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #251

The DJI Mavic Pro looks very sweet.
https://www.dji.com/mavic
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK Camping Couple View Post
I also have a Phantom 3 Pro and I love it only flew it 6 or 7 times now but I got this video from the first time camping on new years eve. It is a little jerky at times but I'm new.

Video removed by site team
That is a very cool video how did you get it on you Tube? What monitor are you using and also what app? Thanks for the info how do I sign up to follow your trips?

Old 01-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
That is a very cool video how did you get it on you Tube? What monitor are you using and also what app? Thanks for the info how do I sign up to follow your trips?
Also I have the standard, which is fine for me being the first one. I don't have the Facebook or you Tube steaming, had it when I frist loaded the DJI GO APP, but now it won't highlight it anymore on my screen.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #254

I have a 2 Blade Chromas. 1-1080p and 1-4k. I will not dispute that DJI is the industry leader but there is one major issue that I have with them. The integrated gimbal means that you cannot remove the camera. If I am just flying for fun I always take my camera off. Also if a new camera comes out I can upgrade without have to buy a whole new bird. Range means nothing to me as anything beyond line of sight is illegal anyway . Just my 2 cents.
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
I have a 2 Blade Chromas. 1-1080p and 1-4k. I will not dispute that DJI is the industry leader but there is one major issue that I have with them. The integrated gimbal means that you cannot remove the camera. If I am just flying for fun I always take my camera off. Also if a new camera comes out I can upgrade without have to buy a whole new bird. Range means nothing to me as anything beyond line of sight is illegal anyway . Just my 2 cents.

I Do agree it would be nice if the DJI could have removable gimbals & camera and allow for up grading cameras , also staying in VLS is a no brainer but you are allowed a crew member to act as a visual observer to relay positions . the costs between the DJI and Chromas is very close . their flight abilities are similar . guess it boils down to personal preference and what you plan to do with it . both have their places and both have there advantages and disadvantages .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #256

I contacted State Farm today here in GA for insurance on my 2 Phantoms and was quoted $82 for coverage on BOTH units, not each. No deductible, just full original price replacement if lost , broken or distroyed. DJI offers DJI Care for $219 on one and $149 on the other for replacements. That's a no brainer to me. Went with State Farm. FYI
Old 01-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #257

Quote:
I contacted State Farm today here in GA for insurance on my 2 Phantoms and was quoted $82 for coverage on BOTH units, not each. No deductible, just full original price replacement if lost , broken or distroyed. DJI offers DJI Care for $219 on one and $149 on the other for replacements. That's a no brainer to me. Went with State Farm. FYI
Drone insurance......now there's a risky business. LOL
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #258

My DJI Care Refresh coverage for the Mavic is $99 and offers two replacements the first is $79 and the second is $129.
And now they cover water damage too.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
My DJI Care Refresh coverage for the Mavic is $99 and offers two replacements the first is $79 and the second is $129.
And now they cover water damage too.
Would love to see some videos from the Mavic.
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #260
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyQ View Post
Would love to see some videos from the Mavic.
There's a bunch on YouTube.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote