Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #1

First camp of 2017

I wanted to share our first camp of this year and it seems like it didn't leave off from last year when we went. We decided to go for Memorial Day weekend, we were planning to leave Friday after work. All was good we loaded the camper, got the kids and dog in the truck, hooked up the camper to the truck and everything was looking great. As we're heading down the road I noticed that the camper sides were swollen so I pulled over and inspected which the fiberglass was delaminated so I figured I could make the two hr drive. I was wrong, I looked back again and noticed the camper was getting worse pulled over and as I feared the fiberglass was pulling away from the seams, told the wife to call the family and tell them we're not coming. I limped it to my moms land, parked it and went home. I was so pissed off I couldn't sleep so I was up at 430 got everyone rounded up told the wife that we're going camping with this turd! So I grabbed a roll of duct tape and taped the crap out of it and prayed it would hold. We limped it down there in one piece! Got all set up at the spot and I forgot to fill the tank plus I didn't have a long enough cord to pplug in. Thankfully there are some really nice people out there who let me fill up and let me borrow a cord! We got there about 10 and I needed a beer lol. Time goes by kids are playing blah blah blah, I go to turn the sink on and my pump takes a dump! But the a/c worked phenomenal lol. We also took our old mattress from our house and put it in the camper which was only a few inches longer than the camper mattress so we slept great!! Only found 15 ticks! The kids had a blast, we had fun too! Even with the events at the beginning.
Now I'm trying to decide if I should fix this camper or buy a new to me one. how was your camping trips?
Registered user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
Carknocker Family

Ours wasn't as eventful as yours, except running over some truck tread getting on interstate and cutting one of my brand new trailer tires. It was flat n two miles.

Nothing like changing tire on the shoulder watching people stare at Thier phones more than the road. But we gotter done.

Caught lots of fish and enjoyed not being at work. Tore a board off the boat trailer loading up. But it's all good.

Leaving again tomorrow to see what will happen next. Can't wait, going for a week.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #3

That's never good. I did see a guy forget to hook his boat on the trailer and fall off onto the boat ramp.

Changing tires on the side of the road is never fun.
Registered user is offline   Reply With Quote