Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 08:04 AM   #21

I would suggest getting at least a 30 amp surge guard. It will save your appliances from getting fried if the post is not wired correctly. The first thing you want to do before you even back into the site is plug that guard into the post and see if its OK. I have got the kart ahead of the horse before and have been disconnected before I found a problem. Saves you a ton of work. My 50 amp guard saved us already this year at a P.O.S. RV park in Kentucky.

Like some of the other posters talked about be mindful of your neighbors. We camped at Pisgah National Forest outside of Ashville, North Carolina a few weeks ago. Beautiful Forest (Blue Ridge Mtns.) with wonderful CG Hosts. We had one minor experience with a guy (always that one) that was camped just around the corner and up from us. He decided he needed to set up his bicycle shop to clean up his mountain bikes when he is done riding. He also decided that he needed to get out his gas powered leaf blower at 830pm one night. I got out the Mag light and put the beam on him which shortened his project. Next day after mountain biking he decided he needed to share his country western song profile with the rest of the CG using his exterior speakers on his trailer. Normally I just "outlast their acting out" behavior but this time because the other campers that were non existent I spoke with the Host. He said he would handle it. He did and didn't throw me under the bus. I will give him credit when one of his 2 dogs started yipping he shut them right up.

And always don't forget to leave the camp sight cleaner than you found it!!
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #22

My suggestion is to carry a spray bottle of Clorox / bleach and spray the hose bibb. Let it sit a few minutes before connecting your water hose. I was told this by a long time RVer and on my first trip saw a guy sticking his sewer hose over the faucet to rinse out the hose. Made an impression on me. I spray the water connection first thing before hooking up anything.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #23

Thanks for the input. I will fill my tank at home like always. I bring bottled water for drinking and coffee. The tank is mainly for showers and dishes
clutchd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, mpg