Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #1

First trip

We just bought a Forest River 24' x-lite and broke it in a week later taking it to the Grand Canyon to camp for a week. This is our first hard sided trailer as I have owned several tent trailers. It towed like a dream ,very forgiving and when semi trucks passed it did not move or wag a bit. I went from never towing a trailer to driving 1000 mi with one and I'm a pro now. My biggest fear of pulling in a gas station is nothing now.It was heaven having my own toilet and the Queen size bed with memory foam was great sleeping. I'll try and enclose some pictures.One in the campground, one stopped in amboy on RT 66 and a bull elk that hung out in my camp spot all week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007_small.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	21019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	21020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	21021  
moondog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Nice pictures! LOL- I can relate to the fear of the gas station and over coming it. When and where is the next trip?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #3

Next trip

My wife and I are like kids with a new toy. Next trip will probably be Disney land area or calico ghost town in barstow or maybe Quartzsite AZ and do a little prospecting.I'm ready for anything,May be a weekend at a beach campground.The time will be when My wife and I get a weekend off together which is hard to say. Last saturday nite I opened the awning, Fired up the campfire in a can, turned on some music and drank some margaritas just having a good old time in my driveway. Mike
Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #4

Camping in the drive way beats not camping!!!!!
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #5

Driveway camping

The wife works this saturday so I'm doing it again. Funny how all the neighbors will flock to a campfire and music. I know I do.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog2000 View Post
My wife and I are like kids with a new toy. Next trip will probably be Disney land area or calico ghost town in barstow or maybe Quartzsite AZ and do a little prospecting.I'm ready for anything,May be a weekend at a beach campground.The time will be when My wife and I get a weekend off together which is hard to say. Last saturday nite I opened the awning, Fired up the campfire in a can, turned on some music and drank some margaritas just having a good old time in my driveway. Mike
I like your style of camping - from driveway to beach to Calico. If all goes as planned I will be staying at Calico Ghost Town in November right before Thanksgiving. Hopefully the weather will be good and the 4th attempt will be a charm.

Thumps up to driveway camping! I did it last Halloween and had fun giving out candy to trick or treaters.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote