Old 10-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #11

I haven't been out yet that I didn't meet some friendly people.... even in Oklahoma! Seriously, this lifestyle seems to bring out the best in folks... even... ME!

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble View Post
The friendliness of complete strangers (especially in the USofA) continues to amaze me, given they way the world seems to be heading.

Last year while camping at Conconully State Park the A/C fan stopped working on my XTerra. I was buried under the dash trying to figure it out when a fellow camper strolled by to help. Turns out he is an auto tech. and figured out what was wrong and got our A/C fan working again.
This past summer while spending 2 weeks at South Beach State Park a couple pulled in beside us with a fairly well set up fishing rig. One one trip back from the bay, the guy came over and asked if we liked crab. He then proceeded to go back to his boat and bring over two huge live crab for us. When I mentioned that we didn't have a pot large enough to cook them, he went back and returned with a pot too.

How can you beat that? As someone else mentioned here on this forum, how many friends have you made wandering the halls of a hotel? If it weren't for camping or riding the motorbikes we probably wouldn't have any friends...Ha!
Camping mostly close to home in Western NY I have met plenty of our neighbors to our north. Me and DW received our Prince Edward Islands guide in the mail today. Next July we plan on doing a 2 week Canadian tour through Ottawa to Prince Edwards Is. I cannot wait for winter to be over!! And I love my Labattes Blue!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #13

Scootdawg
What campgrounds have you been to so far. Hoping to still do one more yet this year. We like the state park's.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmiller32 View Post
Scootdawg
What campgrounds have you been to so far. Hoping to still do one more yet this year. We like the state park's.
After spending time in state parks, my wife likes the life of full hook ups. Its something that I wish NYS would migrate to. We basically stay at KOA parks. We fell in love with Chataqua (forgive the spelling). Most of NY is closed for the season now. Good old Penn St is still open though. Watkins Glenn Rocks also,