Old 12-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #1

Full time living and RV service

We will need to have our RiverStone serviced soon are curious where everyone stays while the dealer has the unit. Is it possible to stay in it?

Full time
Fmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #2

What kind of service ? if your full time it's best to learn how to do your own services .

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #3

Depends on the dealer as to if they have a place on their lot for you to stay. I took my trailer back to where I bought it for a check-up and to add a couple items. They didn't have a spot to stay, but I made an appt a month in advance and they got me out in 2 days. I spent one night in a motel. If there is a next time, I'll try to arrange my stop at a facility that does have room. I've also used mobile techs to come to the park I'm in at the time, but that would depend on what you need done.

Not all of us have the ability to do repairs/replacements on our vehicles or RV's.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #4

Most dealerships let you stay on their property overnight, not always with full hookups but very doable. The main inconveniences are they usually want you in the shop early in the morning and you don't have access or very limited access to the trailer during the day.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
jkoenig24

Yes, depending upon the service you need, the situation and solution will vary. I've ALWAYS been able to sleep in my rig and, some service providers have hookups available (I know RVers who have needed to get a motel room). For those who don't have hookups available (but don't need the rig inside) boon docking on the service provider's property is usually an available option. Cummins has some facilities with full hookups in a park-like setting. I've boondocked a couple of times just outside the gate of a service provider (that allows me to be first in. I get my annual service done and, a few hours later, I'm back on the road). Years ago, when I was changing out the OEM furniture (for something that actually comfortable), I was able to sleep IN my rig while it was IN the shop. ProCustomInc provided 30A electric (they also had outdoor sites with hookups). PCI has since changed their business model and no longer customizes RVs (they now do specialty work for RV builders). If you're in the Elkhardt, IN area, there are several RV customizers and repair facilities to choose from. A Google search should turn up businesses that will provide the service you need.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
Site Team

If under warranty, you can use a mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #7

At the Coachmen plant in Middlebury, In they have an 18 site campground for Coachmen owners and you are welcome to stay free for as long as it takes to do your repairs. There is water and power at each site and a dump station in close proximity to the sites. We found them to be very accommodating. They also offer tours of the plant and the Coachmen Owners Association has an office there.
Tow Haul 3.55 rear
Hingham, Mass.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt104 View Post
At the Coachmen plant in Middlebury, In they have an 18 site campground for Coachmen owners and you are welcome to stay free for as long as it takes to do your repairs. There is water and power at each site and a dump station in close proximity to the sites. We found them to be very accommodating. They also offer tours of the plant and the Coachmen Owners Association has an office there.
Not sure how that helps the OP, since they own a Riverstone, which is not a Coachmen product.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Not sure how that helps the OP, since they own a Riverstone, which is not a Coachmen product.
Maybe because there are Coachmen owners who read this thread and could use the information. Or the fact that this information might spur someone to inquire to their manufacturer to see if they might offer this service. JMHO
shadows4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 AM   #10

Riverstone

Coachmen is also a Forest River company and I figured other FR companies might offer similar accommodations. I don't know this to be fact but figured I'd just throw it out there. Just sayin'.

Tow Haul 3.55 rear
Hingham, Mass.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service