Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #51

I know of at least one campground that requires the operators of golf carts to be licensed drivers. Not a bad idea, as I've seen 8-year-old kids driving carts recklessly and nearly hitting folks walking their dogs. Insurance? Better have some if you hit me or my dog.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #52

This day and time if it moves... Especially around other people.. You better make sure it's insured. People look for a reason to sue. I mean hell there is a lawyer commercial on tv every five minutes wanting you to sue someone else. I had a principal at my old high school that had his personal license plate read "i sue u". And he did... I know of 3 lawsuits he had during my 4 year stint.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #53

Kamping Junkie, this is going to go off on a little bit of a different tangent and I apologize but what do you pull your 305 with? What kind of hitch are you using? Do you and get any swaying from the camper? Wandering from the tow vehicle?

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamping Junkie View Post
This day and time if it moves... Especially around other people.. You better make sure it's insured. People look for a reason to sue. I mean hell there is a lawyer commercial on tv every five minutes wanting you to sue someone else. I had a principal at my old high school that had his personal license plate read "i sue u". And he did... I know of 3 lawsuits he had during my 4 year stint.
You are right. In this litigious society there are people who make a living filing ridiculous lawsuits. On the other hand, there are people who behave so recklessly - or let their children do so - that their negligence causes legitimate damages to others. Most people I encounter in campgrounds are very responsible, which tends to eliminate such problems.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
Kamping Junkie, this is going to go off on a little bit of a different tangent and I apologize but what do you pull your 305 with? What kind of hitch are you using? Do you and get any swaying from the camper? Wandering from the tow vehicle?
I pull with an 07 f250 6.0 diesel. Banks power system. I'm using a ez lite WDH and anti sway bar. I don't have any real sway. Other than a slight side shift when a 18 wheeler passes. It pulls great.