Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #41

For all you snowmobiling/campers out there in the great state of Michigan, Lakes of the North is having it's 1st annual Winterfest on February 18 and 19. Campers Village is open.
winterfest

Michigan is open year round for your enjoyment
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #42

Great points about having giant bodies of fresh water to swim in but I'm thinking part of our trip won't be close to a beach or lake.

In planning this trip I'm finding that there are just so many things to see and do in Michigan. In searching around here for ideas I just found that there is a Ferry the SS Badger you can take from WI to MI or vice versa. This is now on my radar in planning. We are so looking forward to the trip.

I'm gonna be looking at maps and mostly SP and NP areas for camping and maybe a private or KOA tossed in.

Since we have really only limited time we really have to knock out the must does on the list and focus on 2-3 spots in the UP area to really enjoy our time and relax. In other words packing to much in with no time just to sit back and chill is not vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #43

I-75 is the quickest way to the UP, with Hartwick pines state park a nice campground. Taking US-23 up the east coast is a beautiful drive, a few state parks, koas, ect on the way. Takes an extra 2 hours over the expressway but worth it to me. Mill Creek campground in Mackinaw City is a great campground. Every type of campsite is offered. Also 1 mile of shoreline to see the bridge and islands. For a couple stops in the UP do Sault Ste Marie, Ann Osburn campground is right on the river and the freighters seem so close you can touch them. Also the boat tour through the locks are a must. Whitefish Point and the falls are nearby and great. Come south to Indian lake and see the big spring near Manistique. Then back across the bridge down the west side. Excellent trip.
Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #44

Anyone traveling the Lake Michigan side,,, our West Coast should take a trip up M22,,, and check out Platte River National Park & Sleeping Bear Dunes !!! & Fish Town if you like Tourist Traps !!! Plan a couple of days if you can !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote