Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCamp View Post
We stay almost exclusively in parks without sewer, and we have a 35-gallon tote for our grey water, and we empty it when needed.

With that said, where we camp, in state and national forests, it will not hurt a thing if campers dump their grey water on the ground. Hell, that's what tent campers do every day.

I, and everyone I camp with, urinates in the woods while we are camping. Sometimes, that is 20 people over 4 or 5 days. We have been camping at the same site for 10 years and the vegetation and young/old trees are surviving just fine. Weird, I know. BUT...we don't dump our grey water!
x2 . the good thing is you go in the woods . many people with their dogs in tow in nice full hook up sites have their dogs urinate right out the front door and then want to bash people for dumping grey water . the double standard here is beyond crazy .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #42
Site Team

Most grey water contains some food particles and grease. The water portion will seep into the ground, but the food and grease will not. These item will remain on the surface and attract flies, ants and other unwanted wild life. Certainly not the way to leave a site for the next camper.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Most grey water contains some food particles and grease. The water portion will seep into the ground, but the food and grease will not. These item will remain on the surface and attract flies, ants and other unwanted wild life. Certainly not the way to leave a site for the next camper.
it really should not have food particles or grease . everyone should be wise enough to not only not dump grease or food down their sinks they should be wiping all pans and utensils before washing them . i do go through the paper towels but wipe everything off before it goes in the sink . grease will not flush out of your grey tank it will stick to the side walls and build up over time .
so anyone reading this that doesn't wipe first then you may want to start.
also ants and flys are present everywhere even where no grey water is dumped .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water, water