Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 11:07 PM   #81

I personally prefer the quick connect connection on the grill and then a hose with dual quick connect connections.

I dont plan on leaving the quick connect connection on the grill. Leaving it on may increase the likelihood of causing damage.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinreel View Post
Any one on here commenting on how great a FLAT grill is cannot cook, steak, hamburgers, or chicken. If you don't cook those items on a charcoal grill, you have your bar set very low. SMDH.

My thoughts too
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:59 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
My thoughts too
Your superiority in choosing cooking appliances has clearly shown through on this thread.

Us morons with Blackstones or the like are just figuring things out in life.

So, do I put the pants on with the right or left leg first?

[emoji53]

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:04 AM   #84

I'm kicking myself for not going back to get that 22" Blackstone with the hood and stand for $89 at Walmart last week and I would bet they're all gone. For that price I could have used it at home in my gazebo for fried cooking like bacon and eggs or veggies. I doubt I would have brought it camping since I don't want to carry both a grill and a Blackstone and I much prefer meat grilled with and not fried. Same reason I cook my burgers and such outside on my infrared grill or regular gas grill and not in my kitchen on the griddle or in a frying pan.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 AM   #85

I sometimes lay my old cooking grate from my Weber across the flat iron of the Blackstone and cook steak and burgers on it to get the grill marks. No one has ever figured out that it wasn't cooked on the BBQ.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
I sometimes lay my old cooking grate from my Weber across the flat iron of the Blackstone and cook steak and burgers on it to get the grill marks. No one has ever figured out that it wasn't cooked on the BBQ.

My thought. If you are "grilling" over a propane burner, then there is probably little difference between your grill and a griddle. If you are grilling over charcoal, I understand your position.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:24 PM   #87

We love our Blackstone! We were looking at those vs grills and went with the griddle just because we kept thinking how versatile it would be and easy to clean. Also figured we'd get a grill later on. We still haven't bought a portable grill. We don't get to use the TT as often as we'd like but we use the heck out of the Blackstone at home as well. We find the food is just as good if not better than on a grill. Granted I'm comparing our propane grill at home and this also runs on propane so I see no real difference other than flat top vs grates. It is so much more versatile, so much easier to clean, takes up less space. I don't consider it frying, though maybe technically it is? When I think of fried food I think of breaded stuff that was friend in a vat of oil. We seasoned our griddle and might use a teaspoon or two of healthy avocado oil each time we use it. It's just the 2 of us so we got the 17" rear grease trap version. I just bought the hood that isn't supposed to fit the rear grease trap model but hubs made it work.
; 2019 - 29 nights; 2020 - 17 nights; 2021 - 10 nights
missonyxk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #88

Griddle Users - Do you miss your grill?

We purchased a Blackstone earlier this year and retired the old grill. We Have been traveling around the country for a bit and enjoy the versatility of the Blackstone. We have a 17". I have found that once seasoned, cast iron, it is easy to take care of and provides a non-stick surface.
As I do not have a cover to trap heat, sometimes, I need to cover the food after searing to get the doneness we prefer. I think there is a lid option that could be handy.
Overall we are pleased with our Blackstone.
We mostly use it for 2 people but the cooking area is good for 6 depending on what you are cooking.
You will need a scraper. Blackstone has a tool kit for the grill. To clean, scrape the stickies, wipe down with paper towel, add a little olive oil and wipe it around with a clean paper towel. Just check YouTube for care of cast iron.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
We purchased a Blackstone earlier this year and retired the old grill. We Have been traveling around the country for a bit and enjoy the versatility of the Blackstone. We have a 17". I have found that once seasoned, cast iron, it is easy to take care of and provides a non-stick surface.
As I do not have a cover to trap heat, sometimes, I need to cover the food after searing to get the doneness we prefer. I think there is a lid option that could be handy.
Overall we are pleased with our Blackstone.
We mostly use it for 2 people but the cooking area is good for 6 depending on what you are cooking.
You will need a scraper. Blackstone has a tool kit for the grill. To clean, scrape the stickies, wipe down with paper towel, add a little olive oil and wipe it around with a clean paper towel. Just check YouTube for care of cast iron.
Try peanut oil instead of olive oil. I find it seasons the grill better and has a higher smoke point.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #90

No ... we love our Blackstone ... breakfast-lunch-dinner ... pizza burgers steak chicken fish stir fry veggies hash browns bacon sausage hot dogs pancakes cheese steak ok Forrest Gump that's enough
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #91

[emoji6]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
No ... we love our Blackstone ... breakfast-lunch-dinner ... pizza burgers steak chicken fish stir fry veggies hash browns bacon sausage hot dogs pancakes cheese steak ok Forrest Gump that's enough
It's all good we all love it!
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #92

New blackstone 17in adventure with grease cup in back anyone used one yet
Delmarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #93

Yep. I have a 22 in blackstone with grease trap in back. Love it. If anyone is interested I now have a coleman roadtrip grill for sale
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #94

Walmart has both just wanted to hear from someone who had the new one thanks I'm going to order.
Delmarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:40 AM   #95

We have the 17" Adventure w/rear grease trap. I seasoned ours in the oven by heating it to 450 and coating in avocado oil. Let it smoke off, then turn off the oven and let it cool completely. Repeated that 2 more times. It gave a nice even seasoning vs the "H" pattern from the burner doing it the normal way. Extremely non stick. Puts my cast iron to shame. We got the accessory kit and use the bottles - 1 for water and 1 for avocado oil - but my husband still favors our previous grill light spatula so uses that one at home and the others are in the trailer but he really only uses 1 - there's 2 in the pack plus a scraper. My only regret buying the Adventure rear grease version was no hood available. But then I found a review on Amazon for the front grease version hood where the guy modified it to work on the rear grease version. I ordered the hood from REI (better price at the time) and my hubs did the mod and it works great. We got one of those smaller propane tanks (I don't remember the size), not the tiny green ones, but not the typical large size for home grills either, the in between size and got the 3' hose for that. The rear grease trap does attract some critters. Had a chipmunk standing on the hood licking out of it and another time returned to camp and found the foil insert in another location completely empty.
; 2019 - 29 nights; 2020 - 17 nights; 2021 - 10 nights
missonyxk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #96

Grilling & Griddling

We bought a 22 inch Blackstone last spring. We take both our Weber Q2000 and the Blackstone camping as there’s some things that just need to be BBQed.
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #97
Broken Toe

Quote:
Griddle Users - Do you miss your grill?
Not even a little.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #98

Since this will be post #98 in this thread, I don't feel too bad pulling a minor hijack.

Anyone else get the Walmart special Blackstone with the large bottle adapter hose and regulator?

My grill works great when I hook up to my trailers propane using Propane Gear's adapter. However at home, the provided adapter/regulator doesn't pass enough gas () to get the griddle really hot. Flame is noticeably smaller. Griddle generally only gets to about 350 degrees.

Anyone else notice this or have an idea on how to fix?
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Since this will be post #98 in this thread, I don't feel too bad pulling a minor hijack.

Anyone else get the Walmart special Blackstone with the large bottle adapter hose and regulator?

My grill works great when I hook up to my trailers propane using Propane Gear's adapter. However at home, the provided adapter/regulator doesn't pass enough gas () to get the griddle really hot. Flame is noticeably smaller. Griddle generally only gets to about 350 degrees.

Anyone else notice this or have an idea on how to fix?
Just a thought for process of elimination, have you tried a small green tank or a different hose on it?

The reason I ask is that my buddy had an issue with his bbq and camp stove running off a Y adapter. One worked great but the other didn't. He flipped it and ended up with the opposite problem. It turned out that one of the hoses was restricting flow and causing that appliance to burn cooler.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:44 AM   #100
NH Maple Maker

I got a 17" Blackstone for Christmas last year and cooked everything on it on every camping trip this season. I had been using a Weber Q which I set up but never used on our first trip. The only thing that I haven't cooked on the Blackstone is chicken which we don't eat when we're camping anyway. When I cleaned out my TT to put it away for the winter the Weber Q came out and it won't go back in.

I love my Blackstone so much that I bought the 28" griddle for the house. BJ's wholesale club had the 28" Blackstone on sale online for $149 this summer and I couldn't pass it up. DW loves the Blackstone too because I do all of the cooking now. She used to cook and I did the dishes, now we've switched roles, I cook and she does the dishes.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote