Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #41

Denny & Suni, I do believe that's called a lay in, not a sleep in
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #42
Happy Campers

We upgraded to a 21FBRS from a 13ft Aliner Twist. Our DD and her DH bought a 21ft hybrid. My sister and her DH bought a motorhome. By brother bought a 26Ft Keystone. All this year.

We all winterized a couple of weeks ago. In the process, both my DW and sister started whining about going camping.

We have to wait until late April for our annual trip to Florida.
Denny and Suni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #43
Happy Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
Denny & Suni, I do believe that's called a lay in, not a sleep in
If I'm pretending I'm asleep so the DW has to take the furbabies for the morning walk, it can't be "laying in", it has to be "sleeping in".
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Suni View Post
We upgraded to a 21FBRS from a 13ft Aliner Twist. Our DD and her DH bought a 21ft hybrid. My sister and her DH bought a motorhome. By brother bought a 26Ft Keystone. All this year.

We all winterized a couple of weeks ago. In the process, both my DW and sister started whining about going camping.

We have to wait until late April for our annual trip to Florida.
If you bought the Micro Lite you will like it.Ours is a 2012 and we like it.Ours came loaded with everything.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #45
Happy Campers

Microlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
If you bought the Micro Lite you will like it.Ours is a 2012 and we like it.Ours came loaded with everything.
Picked it up in April 2013. Camped 7 trips/30 nights in 2013.

I research TTs, and when I took DW to RV show and when she saw the 21FBRS she said that's the one.

We REALLY like the Microlite. We couldn't find a single thing wrong. (We did mod the shower and added a screen door bar.)

My brother had to add outside grill, LED builbs, water filter, and much more to get his new Keystone close to our "stock" Microlite.

Now I have to figure out how to add bar to the "entertainment" stack on the wall.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #46

Quote:
Picked it up in April 2013. Camped 7 trips/30 nights in 2013.

I research TTs, and when I took DW to RV show and when she saw the 21FBRS she said that's the one.

We REALLY like the Microlite. We couldn't find a single thing wrong. (We did mod the shower and added a screen door bar.)

My brother had to add outside grill, LED builbs, water filter, and much more to get his new Keystone close to our "stock" Microlite.

Now I have to figure out how to add bar to the "entertainment" stack on the wall.
I mod the cabinet by the frig for storage I added 2 shelves and put one under the br sink to.I have the grill to but we don't like it bc it makes the side greasy.What do you mean about added a bar to the entertainment stack. Isn't there a drop down counter there like I have
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #47

Soooo many lives and paths people have gone through and all the stories that go with it, it's seems unreal. Here is my story,

My parents were not into camping so I did not grow up in a camping background, it is funny how some things stick in the memory though, my dad got or borrowed a tear drop trailer when I was a todler and I remember that 4 adults and 4 kids went to the coast to camp by the ocean near Monterey CA. We got there in darkness and I had no idea where we were, Dad and Mom, Dads brother and his wife put us kids down for the night and they all climbed in the tear drop to sleep (can you immagine 4 adults like sardines in a tear drop, dad and uncle were both weel over 200 pounds). Us kids slept in the car, my sister in the front seat, brother in the back seat, cousin chuck in the back floorboard on a pillow and I was above the back seat up in the back window (me and chuck were pretty small as you can immagine). Well the next morning I woke to a bright sunny morning, looked out the window and saw the ocean for the first time. I remember a small coleman stove and an assortment of food, playing on the beach in the sand.

Though my life didn't involve any more camping that I can remember is not to say my parents weren't involved in keeping us active our thing was water skiing every weekend weather allowed it was always family members sometimes as many as 20 people with several boats, dad worked evenings and nights usually 7 days a week, mom worked in a chicken processing plant, there were no paid vacations back then so it was work, work, work then enjoy your weekend but be home in time for dad to go to work.

Present day: DW and I started camping with our first TT a 19' Flagstaff Micro Lite last year (too small) traded up to the 26' T26TBSS early this year. Since I didn't camp so my kids did not either (5 of them) though they did go with freinds some times. We are enjoying the time we have together when DW and I are out camping, but we also have the grand kids who love to go when there is no school so we round them up when we can. Our camping grandkids are 12, 16 and 18. The 18 year old went out with us twice before shipping out to Germany (he is now a medic with an army special forces team waiting for further deployment). The 12 year old grandson and 16 year old granddaughter go with us every chance they get, our first trip we took all three in the 19' TT the 5 of us made that TT seem pretty small but we had a great time. We're working on raising another little camper he just turned 1, DW and I have him every Tuesday and Friday (unless we go camping of course) his other grandma lives with our son and daughter-in-law and watches him the rest of the time when the parents are working. We have tried to get our other kids and their kids to go but no luck so far.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #48
Happy Campers

Bar as in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
I mod the cabinet by the frig for storage I added 2 shelves and put one under the br sink to.I have the grill to but we don't like it bc it makes the side greasy.What do you mean about added a bar to the entertainment stack. Isn't there a drop down counter there like I have
I mean a bar as in booze. Summertime and camping is Margarita time.

After the bar mod I need to see if I can mod the pickup bed into a hot tub!

Just kidding. We camp mostly at stste parks which frown on alcohol use or possession.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #49

Me and the DW took a ride to Camping World today. The Patriots have a bye-week, so we didnt have to go out to watch football. Anyway, we were at CW in Fort Myers, 1500 miles away from our 5R and got to see some weary travelers looking for the parts department. Sorry sir, the parts department is closed on Sunday, but we are having a sale on chairs, coolers and grills. So I proceeded the suggest they upgrade their chairs, coolers and grill and camp out for the night. I tried to explain to them that they could do some adult camping and get up in the morning and check out the parts department.

They just looked at me like I had two heads. I have to admit, I do have a very large cranium, but it is NOT the size of two. I tried to talk the DW into staying and showing them what adult camping was, but she just gabbed me and said let's get out of here.

PS: One of the RV's had a broom bungeed to the rear ladder.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #50
Happy Campers

i'm working on another mod. I bought wireless camera and mirror mounted monitor for rear view camera setup.

Since trailer is fiberglass and wireless camera is suppose to have 160ft range it should work good. My cost so far $60.00.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #51

Been going camping or to camp since I was 5 so the packing and unpacking has improved over the years. Now no kids or should I say sometimes grand kids, but setting up has become a routine that cordless drills and other improvements helped speed things up and make things easier. All in all even with the grand kids it isn't bad and handing one of them the drill while I do something else helps and they think it's a game.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #52

Quote:
i'm working on another mod. I bought wireless camera and mirror mounted monitor for rear view camera setup.

Since trailer is fiberglass and wireless camera is suppose to have 160ft range it should work good. My cost so far $60.00.
Let us know how it works and what unit you purchased. I have bought 2 different ones, the first wouldn't handle the range the second I can't get enough brightness on the monitor screen but have not given up on it yet.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #53

We tent camped when our son was younger, moved up to a pop up a few years ago and just bought our first TT. When we bought the pop up bed sizes were important because of or son (at 14 our son was on his way to being a giant...6'3" - he's 18 now an almost 6'9"). The last couple of years he has not wanted to camp with us or if we made him go he made life miserable. We now have our new TT (that we didn't worry about a bed size for him) and he wants to go! WTF!! He will be joining us but pitching a tent ;-).
theSmiths2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #54
Happy Campers

Wild and Wasted

After the last kid moved out we bought a little 13ft Aliner Twist and did some traveling and camping. Recently we moved up to a 21FBRS Microlite and looked forward to just the two of us adult camping. Then my brother bought a TT, my daughter's family bought a TT, and the my sister's family bought a Class A. We spent our whole camping season encamped with extended family; crying babies, snottey nosed little ones, with all the kid trappings. We do love our families, BUT....

NOT AGAIN! NOT THIS YEAR! All our planned camping destinations are 1000 miles from our families. No kids, no kid junk, no kid food. Remote campsites deep in the woods, hopefully no where near families with kids!

DW teaches at the university, is involved in church, is a petite and quiet little grandmother, and friendly to all. But she said plans to get "totally wasted" and get a little "wild" on our outings this coming season.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #55

Empty Nest Syndrome

We too spent our entire lives camping as a family. From the back of a pickup when we could not even afford a good tent through the tent and pup years. Giving our kids the gift of the outdoors and watching them marvel over the simplest of Nature's creatures was awe inspiring. Then came the grandkids. I am completely wrapped up in giving them the same sort of experiences. We camp together as often as everyone can get away. That is becoming less frequent than I care to admit.
All that said, reaching that point where Ma and I can enjoy the company of others our age and really enjoying each other on a more intimate level while camping has brought me to the realization that this is a natural phenomenon. Perhaps this time is where we are supposed to be. While I have come to anticipate those less than frequent camp trips when we can all get together. In fact, Spring Break is only a short few weeks away!! Garner State Park, here we come!!!
I really anticipate those trips where it is just my girl and me. Being a Boomer is not so bad. Meeting up with like minded adults our age is pretty sweet. Enjoy the times with the kids but enjoy your alone time too because in the end, it will be just the two of you more times than not.
Here is to wishing everyone a super great camping season! Giddyup!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 & Puma.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	46490  
Old 02-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #56

Oh we too camped with our two girls. Both in their 20's now don't camp often with us anymore. I remember the first two pop ups and then the class C. Everytime we pulled out of the driveway to go camping we had to watch Ferris Buehler, not one lesson. Camping at Stone Mountain, GA and both girls practically zoomed right past us at high speed going down the "hill" on their bikes. To Ft. Wilderness, our second home, many group trips and just us four. The youngest smacking her bottom lip on a set of stairs at Blizzard Beach and being visited at the Campsite by Mickey, site of the day one Memorial Day and not having to go into the park for the day. The youngest riding without her training wheels for the first time after my best friend and I decided that she didn't need them after several Bahama Mama drinks, giving her a sip and sending her into the bushes. There was a big ceremonial discard of training wheels that she wasn't too sure of. We had a PUP that had been closed for quite some time, opened it up recently and gave it a good cleaning. I instructed the girls (now 21 and 23) that they WOULD be camping with us on Father's Day last year. We did, and it was like a step back in time, except the girls were drinking grown up kool-ade! We laughed, reminisced and laughed some more. We sold the PUP to second generation family members that camped with us. We bought a 29' Puma TT. The oldest daughter got married and for Christmas we gave the newlyweds a tent, sleeping bags and supplies. I'm sure they will go with us still, in their own tent equipped with three rooms, one of them for the younger. I have a sign I hang out with our name, it says, Drinks at four, Dinner at six, Sleeps TWO!
Fl Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #57

It is good to hear people marvel over their camping stories over the years. It sometimes seems the bigger you get with camping equipment the more complicated it gets. We have been campers for a long time starting with tents and moving up through pop-ups, travel trailer and now fifth wheel. Most all of our now 12 children are grown but want to continue camping with us. There have been some great times for the family camping and some wild and funny stories that seem to be brought up when we are all together. Friends and coworkers ask about camping and the costs of it and the camper, tow vehicle and think it is all to much. I just tell them it's like any other hobby. It's where I spend my money. Camping with kids and grandkids are what brought us to where we are today. Sure, the wife and i have talked about going camping alone just the two of us, but a couple of years ago a drunk driver caused the death of our 19 year old daughter. We now have a 3 year old and 5 year old to raise. So we will continue to camp as a family and enjoy doing it. For those that don't want to be around kids and families just don't go to the places where there are an abundance of activities that draw families there. Enjoy the relaxing down time. Happy Camping
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Our family vacations aren't with just out own kids, we usually end up with a couple extras to the point I have to arrange alternate transportation for everyone to get where we are going. I have a waiting list for Ft wilderness for spring break. At this point I may have to fly a couple of them down.
You sound like us. We also end up with other peoples kids and sometimes whole families with us. Some people can't get vacations through the summer and have to work leaving their kids at home. We end up taking an extra 3-4 with us.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #59

It's starting to get a little warmer here in the Northeast. Almost time to get ready to get ready for some adult camping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	47844  
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #60

I love camping with just my wife. Being two hours by car from our closest grandchild I enjoy every time they come to visit. It's all good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote