Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
MCTroy

How about some good news?

There are plenty of threads about problems with campers and poor service. Here is a good news post: we are getting new awnings!!

We have struggled with the awnings on our 2015 WJ ever since we bought it on Sept. 2014. Several forum members have noticed our awnings at a couple of Rallies. They looked like they could fly over the roof of the TT!

I asked our dealer but they said they couldn't do anything. So I started sending photos and details to Dometic. Today they replied that we do indeed have the wrong hardware on the trailer, and they will replace it on both awnings AND cover all the labor too!!!

We are so happy! Dometic deserves a shout out for job well done!

Anyone else want to share some good news? This is nice for a change.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #2

Well I can say I've been out with the family with our new Wildwood on 5 camping trips (20 days total) so far this year, with no real issues (had to do a little quality control but no repairs requiring more than a screw driver).

By the way glad to hear things went in your favor, always a good feeling!
pbrown1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:57 AM   #3

Dometic is great to work with, they replaced the fabric on our 5 year old unit at the FROG Rally because it was peeling, they apologized because it was a different fabric pattern but the wife liked it better so it was a win win!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:48 AM   #4
(Dry Huunday)

That is awesome news!!! Glad they are making it right for you!

I guess my best contribution to this thread would be from 2015 when my A/C quit working 2 months out of warranty.....

Using the infamous Google search and my multi-meter I determined that the compressor had died. Before shelling out the cash for a new one, I decided to call Coleman tech services just to confirm my readings. After telling the tech what was going on he told me take it to one of thier authorized dealers and if they confirmed my suspicions then Coleman would replace it. I mentioned the warranty had expired and he said no problem. I took it to my dealer, they sent the readings to Coleman and 3 days later I had a brand new AC installed at no charge.

So I guess it never hurts to contact the manufacturer...worse thing you are going to here is that you are *#&! out of luck!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #5

A good dealer makes a huge difference. Prime Time is very responsive, as long as the dealers do their job. I think every RV has some issues, just like a new house has issues. We've had a few. However, because the dealer has been fantastic (Campers Inn in Byron, GA), the issues are taken care of (with me fixing some on my own). Just like your car. It may let you down sometime, but if you have a good mechanic or can do the work yourself, you are happy again, when your baby comes home purring again.

Yes, there were some QA and assembly issues, BUT they were taken care of. In the end, positive.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #6

Have taken our 2017 Rockwood on several weekend camping trips with only one problem with a door seal to be fixed by dealer tomorrow. Still trying to make it feel like ours hehe
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #7

We have been well pleased with our Lexington but our best news came in our second year of ownership. We bought the motorhome two years old with 25k miles. We were just starting to research replacement tires when I read on this forum about the Michelin tire recall. Pulled our serial numbers and you guessed it ours were within the recall timeframe. So seven new tires mounted balanced and installed. Wowser! Like winning the lottery!!

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #8

YAY! Nice to hear some positive for a change
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:18 PM   #9

I also like to sit with a cup of coffee and read positive posts !

I will add to this with our recent purchase of the Forester in that we flew up to Ohio for the purchase, and drove home spending seven nights in the RV without issue (nothing basic hand tools could not handle).

Thanks for starting a POSITIVE post !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #10

About a month ago we were camping in Butler Pa. It was in the mid 40 degrees and our furnace quit. B&R a local rv dealer said they were busy and would be about a week to get it in the shop ,once I told them we were camping from out of town they asked if i could pull the furnace they could bench test it. Having pulled furnaces before it was a piece of cake took it in and an hour later was reinstalling our fixed furnace .fan limit control switch. 50 bucks parts and labor. B&R Camper sales in Butler pa really saved our butt.Love the smaller family owned dealerships , they treat you like people not a blank check.
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #11

I like this thread !! I have been the owner of our Wildwood for a short while now and have had real good luck with it . Its been in the family for a couple years and I've used it in the past before I bought it but it still doesn't feel like its ours yet since we feel so spoiled in it . Especially after being tent campers for so many years .

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #12

Great to hear anything good about anything....Stay calm and camp on
tankroady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #13

We've been full timing since 1/22 and got a new 2016 Forest River Surveyor 26 ft. TT and have had zero problems. We've traveled from Texas through NM to Arizona and on to Utah, through Nevada and now in California. Other than a loose screw on the awning everything has fit and worked. I'm hoping this is a trend!
relee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:47 AM   #14

We have a 2011 Puma 295kbh and it has bee pretty much trouble free with the exception of 1 cracked fender flair. Since I'm in the area where they are made twice a week (Goshen) I figured that I would stop at the plant too see if they would sell me one (looking for a deal). They sad NO..........we will GIVE you one. Can't argue we that!
2011 Puma 295kbh
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #15
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesta1 View Post
About a month ago we were camping in Butler Pa. It was in the mid 40 degrees and our furnace quit. B&R a local rv dealer said they were busy and would be about a week to get it in the shop ,once I told them we were camping from out of town they asked if i could pull the furnace they could bench test it. Having pulled furnaces before it was a piece of cake took it in and an hour later was reinstalling our fixed furnace .fan limit control switch. 50 bucks parts and labor. B&R Camper sales in Butler pa really saved our butt.Love the smaller family owned dealerships , they treat you like people not a blank check.
We bought our current 5th wheel from B & R.
The folks there are superb!
You are right... they treat you like people.
As long as they continue to sell R/V's, I'll buy from them.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #16

we got ours in august of last year have 8 trips 24 nights out the only problem we have had was of my own making, i forgot to open the hot water valve after de winterizing and couldn't figure why we didn't have hot water, sometimes i'm a bonehead.
i love this TT !!!
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #17

wow i didn't think this would die so quickly
Old 06-10-2017, 06:45 AM   #18
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
Here... let me help things out a little....
#1- Dometic.... yep, great to deal with. Especially after the problems with the 300 Series toilet in our '14 Flagstaff 27BESS. Called and gave our serial number.... BINGO! New toilet a couple days later at NO COST to me.

#2 - Valterra.... the little spring clip that has the ball on the end that you push to adjust the height on stabilizers and so many other things? Yeah, had one break. Called Valterra and they sent me about a half dozen at NO COST to me.

#3 - Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA. Had a new a/c put on my '08 Roo 23SS in the late summer of '13. While there, DW saw "our next camper". Yep, the Flagstaff was sitting in my driveway within a month. Then the beginning of April '16, had the Flagstaff back to be lifted.... Yep, you guessed it.... New Sunseeker in driveway within a month. I've received nothing but great deals and great service from Keystone, especially Scott Cline, their service manager. Now, I have to keep the DW away from the dealership for a LONG time! Come to think of it, SHE'S the one that keeps costing me money!!!!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
For "Long Lived" the Post needs to be about "Tires,Dogs,W/D Hitches,or How much a 1/2 Ton Truck will Tow"! Youroo!!
Old 06-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Here... let me help things out a little....
#1- Dometic.... yep, great to deal with. Especially after the problems with the 300 Series toilet in our '14 Flagstaff 27BESS. Called and gave our serial number.... BINGO! New toilet a couple days later at NO COST to me.

#2 - Valterra.... the little spring clip that has the ball on the end that you push to adjust the height on stabilizers and so many other things? Yeah, had one break. Called Valterra and they sent me about a half dozen at NO COST to me.

#3 - Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA. Had a new a/c put on my '08 Roo 23SS in the late summer of '13. While there, DW saw "our next camper". Yep, the Flagstaff was sitting in my driveway within a month. Then the beginning of April '16, had the Flagstaff back to be lifted.... Yep, you guessed it.... New Sunseeker in driveway within a month. I've received nothing but great deals and great service from Keystone, especially Scott Cline, their service manager. Now, I have to keep the DW away from the dealership for a LONG time! Come to think of it, SHE'S the one that keeps costing me money!!!!
that's what i'm talking about i like good stuff