Old 05-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #21

Since summer is so short in these parts, we try and take advantage of it as much as possible.. Typically 3 weekends a month (weather dependant) is not unheard of.. We also try and hit a 8-12 day'er in the summer too and head out on a longer run...

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #22

Oh wait..I live on the last house on my dirt road that leads to a reservoir. I border 29 acres of watershed property which only gives me one neighbor besides nature. I built a deck that runs 3/4's around my house..covered porch, gazebo and 330 sq foot covered outdoor kitchen and hottub. Two outdoor TV's one 40". HMM, do I miss being in a 23ft box crammed in between other boxes. PS..two outdoor fireplaces (but one is a cheater...it's propane)

Old 05-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Now that we are seasonal we are out every single weekend between April 15 and October 15. The CG is close enough that we can drive back into town for softball games, b-day parties, etc. that come up during the year if needed.

I just don't understand the people that spend the money for a seasonal site, then hardly ever use it. We have a few neighbors that barely come once or twice a month throughout the season.
I had one more comment on seasonal sites. Several seasonal owners in my CG use the seasonal site as a place to park their huge 5th wheels. Some weekends they use their sites like everyone else does. But a few times a year they pull their 5th wheel out and go for an extended vacation. Return a week later and re-connect. This seems very smart to me for those that pay for local storage. Taking the local storage fees and apply it to a seasonal site. You sure get the opportunity to use your camper more.

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Oh wait..I live on the last house on my dirt road that leads to a reservoir. I border 29 acres of watershed property which only gives me one neighbor besides nature. I built a deck that runs 3/4's around my house..covered porch, gazebo and 330 sq foot covered outdoor kitchen and hottub. Two outdoor TV's one 40". HMM, do I miss being in a 23ft box crammed in between other boxes. PS..two outdoor fireplaces (but one is a cheater...it's propane)
So you're not into camping?
Old 05-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
I had one more comment on seasonal sites. Several seasonal owners in my CG use the seasonal site as a place to park their huge 5th wheels. Some weekends they use their sites like everyone else does. But a few times a year they pull their 5th wheel out and go for an extended vacation. Return a week later and re-connect. This seems very smart to me for those that pay for local storage. Taking the local storage fees and apply it to a seasonal site. You sure get the opportunity to use your camper more.
I know a few people that do that as well.

One couple I know had planned on coming out to the CG once in a while but still towing to different places but never did. I think I can count on one hand the number of times they actually camped last year.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

When we were working and not racing, it was every weekend, either local or @ the Knoxville, IA race track with our 2 boys still in school.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post

Ehhhh, go on.......quit your bragging! A person doesn't buy a 2015 Roo just to let it sit and "Look Pretty" in their yard. Elsewise why would you have purchased it, other than to go Camping, and get away, from all your luxuries.

P.S. I was totally sold on your little spread until you mentioned the "dirt road". That was the killer.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #28

We are still working and have one kid in high school. We try and plan at least one weekend a month locally, April through October. We also do a week long trip each year. We also do short notice camping trips as these opportunities present themselves. As time goes by and we get the youngest out of high school we will increase our camping frquency and duration!
G.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #29

We set up camping dates with a group of people with church -- minimum once a month from May thru October (October is a weather permitting in Michigan!). We rarely go on holiday weekends. As we often say, that weekend is for the amateurs - or certainly people that our out there to party (usually loudly) all weekend. I'm all up for a fun time, but not at 3AM when I'm getting my beauty sleep. Wish we could go more, but both of us are still working.... and so it goes.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple SS View Post
Every chance we get. Having a hard time waiting on retirement so we can Camp more.
I'm like you, I'm not one to wish my life away, but in the meantime, we go every chance we get! It's hard to wait I will admit!