Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 PM   #41
From May 2 to oct 31 we only have three weekends we are not camping.

Signguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:38 PM   #42
Originally Posted by Poppy94 View Post
I'm like you, I'm not one to wish my life away, but in the meantime, we go every chance we get! It's hard to wait I will admit!

Whoa, ain't that the truth! Time slips away fast enough without that extra push. In the meantime, enjoy and make lots of memories till then.

Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #43
Definitely not enough!

I have a full time, 45 hour per week, job and I also farm hay in the summer.

We camp one full week in the spring and 2-3 weekend trips before hay season. Then hay season lasts 3-4 weeks in July. After that we take another full week vacation. And then another 3-4 weekend trips.

I am lucky enough to live only 55 miles from the Oregon Coast and I have a friend that has a big lot there with 3 RV full hook-up spaces that we can stay at anytime we want. This year I am going to just leave it parked there for extended periods so it is easier to just jump in the truck and go.
Tonkatoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #44
Seasonal it is

Before this year, I never had the desire to park my camper at a seasonal site. I really enjoy traveling to different campgrounds and meeting new people. But, working full time, it was just a lot of work to leave Friday night after work, pack, hook up tt, tow and set-up tt just to do it all again on Sunday. I would camp about 7 times a year that way. This year I decided to spend the money to park my camper for the summer in hopes to get more camping in. I've already camped 4 times by Memorial Day! Now, I can leave work, drive up to the campground, turn on the power and water, and enjoy my weekend. I only wish there was a campground that I liked a bit closer than the hour and a half drive where I'm currently at. Then I might stay all summer and drive back and forth to work everyday!
Kathy T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:36 AM   #45
I try to head out every 2nd weekend, all year long. Fortunately in Oregon we can camp all year with minimal chance of freezing. I mountain bike so it makes for great weekends at the local State Park close to Portland. I am also fortunate enough to be able to leave early on 'camping' weekends, as I put in extra time at the office when I am at home!

2014 Crusader 351 REQ Touring Edition (the Cottage)
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT (Allison B)
Nights in the Cottage: 2014: 27, 2015: 80 2016: Jan= 2, Feb=2, Mar=2, Apr=3, May=2, June=8, July=10, Aug=11, Sept=2, Oct=2 Running Total:151
Rigpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #46
Originally Posted by Triple SS View Post
Every chance we get. Having a hard time waiting on retirement so we can Camp more.
^^^^^^^ X2! Can't wait to retire!

2015 36DBK5
2015 Chevy 3500 dually
Ninemmsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:29 AM   #47
Site Team
We have a seasonal campsite as of late August 2014. From April to late October we may miss out on camping 1 to 3 weekends. You can see my camp-stats in my sigline.

Guy across the street from our campsite shows up Memorial Day, 4th of July , Labor Day and for the Halloween bash. To me, that just dont seem worth a seasonal site. Hey different strokes for different folks. We keep an eye on his unit and site for him.

Our campsite is less then 45 min. from home. So if need be we can shoot home for whatever reasons.
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 3 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Middleburg Redneck View Post
I have been home 22 days in the past 14 months. Sitting in a campground as I type this. Of course, I'm not really camping. More like living in a camper beats living in a hotel room. I travel a lot for work and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love having my own place to come home to at the end of the day. Yeah, I get my money's worth out of my camper. I will probably get a new one this year as mine is 9 years old and starting to delaminate.

We had the camper parked at the house a few weeks ago as we prepped it for a trip and a non-camping neighbor came over so we opened the slide and showed it to her. She said, "Wow, this is like a mobile luxury hotel room!"

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #49
We've been camping 3-4 times per year in a KOA cabin or once a tent.

We get "Vera" on Friday and I have already planned 5 trips through November.

Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote