Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #21

Since summer is so short in these parts, we try and take advantage of it as much as possible.. Typically 3 weekends a month (weather dependant) is not unheard of.. We also try and hit a 8-12 day'er in the summer too and head out on a longer run...

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #22

Oh wait..I live on the last house on my dirt road that leads to a reservoir. I border 29 acres of watershed property which only gives me one neighbor besides nature. I built a deck that runs 3/4's around my house..covered porch, gazebo and 330 sq foot covered outdoor kitchen and hottub. Two outdoor TV's one 40". HMM, do I miss being in a 23ft box crammed in between other boxes. PS..two outdoor fireplaces (but one is a cheater...it's propane)
Old 05-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Now that we are seasonal we are out every single weekend between April 15 and October 15. The CG is close enough that we can drive back into town for softball games, b-day parties, etc. that come up during the year if needed.

I just don't understand the people that spend the money for a seasonal site, then hardly ever use it. We have a few neighbors that barely come once or twice a month throughout the season.
I had one more comment on seasonal sites. Several seasonal owners in my CG use the seasonal site as a place to park their huge 5th wheels. Some weekends they use their sites like everyone else does. But a few times a year they pull their 5th wheel out and go for an extended vacation. Return a week later and re-connect. This seems very smart to me for those that pay for local storage. Taking the local storage fees and apply it to a seasonal site. You sure get the opportunity to use your camper more.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Oh wait..I live on the last house on my dirt road that leads to a reservoir. I border 29 acres of watershed property which only gives me one neighbor besides nature. I built a deck that runs 3/4's around my house..covered porch, gazebo and 330 sq foot covered outdoor kitchen and hottub. Two outdoor TV's one 40". HMM, do I miss being in a 23ft box crammed in between other boxes. PS..two outdoor fireplaces (but one is a cheater...it's propane)
So you're not into camping?
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
I had one more comment on seasonal sites. Several seasonal owners in my CG use the seasonal site as a place to park their huge 5th wheels. Some weekends they use their sites like everyone else does. But a few times a year they pull their 5th wheel out and go for an extended vacation. Return a week later and re-connect. This seems very smart to me for those that pay for local storage. Taking the local storage fees and apply it to a seasonal site. You sure get the opportunity to use your camper more.
I know a few people that do that as well.

One couple I know had planned on coming out to the CG once in a while but still towing to different places but never did. I think I can count on one hand the number of times they actually camped last year.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #26
Mod free 5er

When we were working and not racing, it was every weekend, either local or @ the Knoxville, IA race track with our 2 boys still in school.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post

Ehhhh, go on.......quit your bragging! A person doesn't buy a 2015 Roo just to let it sit and "Look Pretty" in their yard. Elsewise why would you have purchased it, other than to go Camping, and get away, from all your luxuries.

P.S. I was totally sold on your little spread until you mentioned the "dirt road". That was the killer.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #28

We are still working and have one kid in high school. We try and plan at least one weekend a month locally, April through October. We also do a week long trip each year. We also do short notice camping trips as these opportunities present themselves. As time goes by and we get the youngest out of high school we will increase our camping frquency and duration!
G.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #29

We set up camping dates with a group of people with church -- minimum once a month from May thru October (October is a weather permitting in Michigan!). We rarely go on holiday weekends. As we often say, that weekend is for the amateurs - or certainly people that our out there to party (usually loudly) all weekend. I'm all up for a fun time, but not at 3AM when I'm getting my beauty sleep. Wish we could go more, but both of us are still working.... and so it goes.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple SS View Post
Every chance we get. Having a hard time waiting on retirement so we can Camp more.
I'm like you, I'm not one to wish my life away, but in the meantime, we go every chance we get! It's hard to wait I will admit!
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #31

We have a seasonal site and we also have our 5er. We camp every other weekend at the seasonal site and every other weekend we take our 5er to a different place. This is all of course subject to out work schedules. People would think that we have the seasonal and only use it a little when in fact we are camping just about every weekend.
waing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #32

We go our for 7-14 days each month. Going for 2 months soon. Our favorite time is any time schools is in and there are few or no kids.
uphillracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #33

We just purchased our first TT last summer and took delivery at the end of June. We managed to make 13 (mostly weekend) trips before winterizing at the end of October. There were a few back to back weekends of camping. I insisted that we get our money out of it. LOL This year, I'm planning on doing 2 weekend trips per month. Basically every other weekend, we will be camping. I'm guessing around 14 or so trips this year.

2016 Trips:16 Nights:41
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #34
KJPapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
Every other weekend unless the weather will be really bad (rain all weekend, sleet, hail, high winds, etc). We are in Texas so it's rarely too cold to go camping.

We take a break in August/September when it's like 106 outside. Although the AC works great, we don't like being trapped inside between 10AM - 10PM to avoid the Texas sun.

I've promised my husband he can have a weekend at home for every weekend we're away. Personally I could stay home M-F for work and NEVER be here on the weekend and it would suit me just fine. Sometimes it is real tempting to just stay at the park on Sunday and camp out for a whole week if we are close enough to drive in to work. I haven't convinced him of that yet...
We also live in Texas. I tell people that in the area we live in we have two seasons: 1. August and September 2. Not August and September. The rest of the year other than August and September we camp frequently but not on a set schedule. Since we are retired our trip lengths range from 3 nights to 9 weeks. We are not fulltimers but we are anytimers.
kjpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpapa View Post
We also live in Texas. I tell people that in the area we live in we have two seasons: 1. August and September 2. Not August and September. The rest of the year other than August and September we camp frequently but not on a set schedule. Since we are retired our trip lengths range from 3 nights to 9 weeks. We are not fulltimers but we are anytimers.
We have two seasons in the midwest too. Winter and construction.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #36

Talking camping

390BH Berkshire

We started out in a tent and worked are way up to a MH. took us 42 years. Now we camp weeks now its mouths we just got back from a 7 mouth trip. Roughing it easy.
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #37

We spend 3 1/2 month in FL....10 - 14 days on way home and a least 4 weeks in summer/home here in Nova Scotia, Canada............210 more sleeps till FL!!!!!!!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #38

I have been home 22 days in the past 14 months. Sitting in a campground as I type this. Of course, I'm not really camping. More like living in a camper beats living in a hotel room. I travel a lot for work and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love having my own place to come home to at the end of the day. Yeah, I get my money's worth out of my camper. I will probably get a new one this year as mine is 9 years old and starting to delaminate.
Middleburg Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #39
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
We spend 3 1/2 month in FL....10 - 14 days on way home and a least 4 weeks in summer/home here in Nova Scotia, Canada............210 more sleeps till FL!!!!!!!
Aren't you glad you spent this past winter in FL rather than at home in NS!
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #40

We go out most weekends and for a week or two several times a year. I don't know about everyone else's buy my motorhome came with a heater and an air conditioner so we go out all year long

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote