Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #141

Love My Forest River T.T.

We bought our flagstaff 27RLWS last fall, and have used it for 10 nights, and are very happy with it. We have not had any problems. It pulls well with our 5.3L 2009 Chevy 1500 Suburban. We are going to do the ALCAN, starting in May this year.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #142

We have been off-ground camping for 31 years, had two pop-ups, a 14 ft TT, and now a Rockwood 2503S. We have never been disappointed with any RV we've had, and we really love the 2503 layout and features.

Had a few minor items fixed on the 2503 - all at no cost.

Going into our third season with it and the first trip is booked at Sandbacks PP, second trip ready to book in a couple of days, total nights planned for 2014 is 24, and we're sure wishing it could be more.

We looked at quite a few makes and models before settling on this Rockwood. Spent many hours at many dealers. While doing that I can't recall ever overhearing someone complaining about service or quality. (But I can't say the same about some of the car shops I've been to.)

Overall we're happy and (comeon lottery!) wouldn't hesitate buying a bigger FR product in the future.

Happy Camping!

2012 Rockwood 2503S
fredm.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
We are just over two months with our new unit, 42 days / nights camping so far this year in it and just love it. We also are over our payload, the truck handles it well. Two 5r's and 4years and the Tundra is still going strong.
Wow, that's getting bang for your buck! 70% of the time you've owned it you've used it, where do I sign up for that?

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #144

We are new to retirement and campers. My wife retires this June and I am retired. I just gave up riding motorcycles due to health reasons; I have ridden bikes for over 45years. So I sold my bike and traded in our old camper, added a little sock drawer money, and got the camper of our dreams, a new 2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS. We love it. We plan to do some traveling and winter camping down in Florida around Lake City. Anyone that knows of a good reasonable, clean and fun campground, feel free to send us a message. Oh one more thing, we have a dog. He is a Shih tzu aka Buddy Spunk and a cat named Hello Kitty. Mike and Joy
Papabear53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #145
VaJim

papabear563, good luck with your new camper, hoe you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. You will have to a lot of searches to find places in Florida as they can get very pricey. Most all want long term rentals. We have a shih tzu also name is Gizmo
Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #146

We love our 3050 Sunseeker 2014. We were just in Florida for 8 weeks and did have two problems, the worse one was our propane tank had a small pin hole in it and started leaking. We were in a state park and they called the fire dept. They came with big fire truck, medic truck, and fire chief truck. You talk about being the sight of the campground. Camp road blocked, we couldn't get in the rv. Took them from 3:30 until 11:30 to take care of it. 4 hrs taking gas out and burning it. No one needed a campfire the torch of gas was it. So glad that was over, now we are waiting for FR to put on a new tank. The other problem was two tires losing air, defective tire extenders. Other minor things, that I'm sure most have. But we love our unit, just wish FR would find the problems before we did.
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #147

For an LPG leak? Wow, ok. Overkill much?

I understand the danger involved, but that's a pretty big response.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #148

Yikes! That does sound like overkill on the Park's response (It must have been a slow day for the first responders)

As for the problems with your unit SunnyFun, not so much Forest River as your Dealer's pre-sale preperation and inspection process (agree the problems "originated" at the factory, but should have been caught by the dealer when they prepped your unit).

One thing you may want to add to your Rig soon are tire pressure monitors - most of us on the FRF have bought from Truck System technologies - Trucking System Technology |TST Trucking Systems

The 507 system is what most of us have
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #149

We bought our columbus 320rs 2012. In the last two years we have pulled it a little over 6000 miles and have lived in it for about 9 months. have had one minor problem with it, a water leak. All they had to do was tighten a connection. We like so much we just order a new 365rl. So we could get some more feature that we wanted.
mcclammer1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #150

Just purchased a 2003 wildcat 31' to live in fulltime on my farm and i couldn't be happier. of course there are bumps. Aren't there bumps with any new or used car, house or anything else? My philosophy is this....the best horse i ever owned wasn't a pushbutton easy going low energy hack. Quite the opposite in that he challenged me hence i learned so much more. Same holds true for me and my cute wildkitty by Forest River.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #151

We bought a new Canyon Cat 30DBSC this last summer and we have loved every minute of it since. Before this one we had a 94 coachmen 268FK. Let's just say we stepped up a LOT. We also had our first non-furry child in November, so we are all excited to the opportunity to continue our camping life this spring. Between the great camper we have and the great service we get from the dealer, I'm very happy we took the plunge.
jdpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #152

Smile Forester 3121DS

We purchased our new Forester in spring of 2012. We loved it at first sight, it has entertainment center over cab instead of bunk. It also has bay window in hallway and large picture window in rear of bedroom.
We have parked at a small Parish owned park on the Vermillion Bay several times. We back up to the bulkhead and, oh my, the view of the sunset from the back window and the bay window is spectacular! Many other places we have camped also have great views, loving it!
In June of 2012 we invited three of our grand children (ages 15-9) to go a trip to Durango CO with us...our DD asked if there would be enough room for her too? So we decided that she and GD would sleep on dinette, one GS on Jack-knife and the oldest GS on airmattress on floor in between.
We were gone for 14 days, and never had one problem! Everyone was happy!
We had a wonderful time! Would we do it again? Yes in a heart beat! Trying to figure how we can get all 5 grand children packed in.
CJnDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #153

2014 Forester 3051S

Now that all the issues have been resolved with our Forester, we love it. We had a Class C in the 90's followed by a fifth-wheel and then a Class A. When we decided to go back to a Class C, we did an extensive amount of research of all makes and models and felt the Forest River Forester had the best floorplan for our purpose, as well as paint scheme, cabinetry, etc. We took it from MO to SC shortly after we picked it up last Dec; covered the northwest US in Aug; drove up the north shore of Lake Superior in Oct. We have towed a Jeep Grand Cherokee and had no problems. It's a good looking unit and we're proud of it!
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #154

I love our 3050 Sunseeker RV, I love it so.....much that I can't wait for Mar. to come around so we can get on the road again. Jan and Feb are the pitts. I think a cure for cabin fever is rving !
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #155

So far so good!

Just purchased a 2013 (new) in November 2014. Haven't used it yet (cold winters here), but have spent some time in the trailer and fiddling with it in the shop. My first observations are that it is a very good value for what I paid for it. It was a 2013 model at the dealer in November 2014, so as you can imagine, I got a good deal. For what I paid, I am very happy with it so far and my expectations can't exceed the reality of what I bought--an entry level brand new trailer at a used price. It is a 27 foot with a slide out which is perfect for my family. I grew camping and this is the 3rd TT that I have had. I look forward to many fun memories with my growing family and am thankful for the opportunity to buy a great TT at a very reasonable price!

2013 Forest River Cascade 27BH
kevinstennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #156

We love our 2013 Sunseeker 3170. One of the best purchases we made. It has lots of room for all the pups. Put on 17,000 miles in two yrs with . . Knock on wood only little things just needing tightening. Runs great, generator kicks on quickly. We take it out at least once a month even in winter months for a drive to the mall and a run on the highway to keep everything moving. Generator running an hour on a load to keep that also in top shape. Things are always going to loosen up on the roads in CT and especially attempting to get through New York on 95. Things will break but they also break in my house and car. Just hopefully not while all the pups are in it!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #157

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
We are on our second Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite (the first was a travel trailer (32ft) and this one is a 5th wheel 8280ws. Just have loved them both. Well built and stable for towing. Things like a bed frame made of aluminium tubing rather than just a piece of plywood over a box. Loads of cupboard space functionally places. Super service even after the warrantee expires... Like the song..."these are a few of my favourite things" And just a note..Not always but many times problems occur because they are (partially or completely) caused by the user. Preventive maintenance and careful use eliminate many potential problems.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad