Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #111
Thumbs up

We enjoy our 2013 Salem 27rls a few problems but dealer repaired them. We have camped out 34 days this year. Five of them were at the frog rally in Goshen Ind.

geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #112
Thumbs up

We enjoy our 2013 Salem 27rls a few problems but dealer repaired them. We have camped out 34 days this year. Five of them were at the frog rally in Goshen Ind.

geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #113
I have a 2011 Forest River Salem Sport 32SRVP and am VERY happy with it. This is my 5th camper and 1st forest river and after dealing with factory and attending Elkhart FROG Rally will not buy any other brand.
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #114
We bought our 2013 Forest River 27WP toy hauler late this summer and are very happy. One tiny issue so far -- the hot and cold water in the bathroom sink was backwards -- big deal.... Everything else has worked flawlessly from day one and the dealer (Collier RV in Rockford Illinois) did an outstanding job during orientation...

This is the 5th camper but first toy hauler and we are happy campers... It is sure a lot nicer than sleeping in our 7x14 cargo trailer...!!!

Jim & Linda (and Missy the Yorkie)
2013 Forest River 27WP
2010 Silverado
Jackson9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #115
Thumbs up

We have a 2005 Wildcat 29RLBS. this is the second Wildcat we have owned. Forest river and our Dealer (Welcome to Cheek & Shockley RV Sales and Service ) have always take care of our Wildcat. We have had a few minor problems which the dealer has taken care of.
We attended the F.R.O.G Rally this year at Goshen. Which was awesome.
On the way to Goshen the Invertor went out. At the Rally FR Techs Replaced the Invertor and Battery. They also Replaced the bottom slide seal under the LR slide, Replaced both wheel fender skirts which one was cracked when we had a blow out several years before. Replace the screen door, AC thermostat and got a couple of Decals to replace some of the ones that are peeling. I will have to replace the decals my self.
All above was performed free of charge!
We also went on a 3-4 hour tour of the Wildcat Plant which was awesome.
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #116
2014 Forest River Salem Hemisphere Lite Fifth Wheel

We love our FR Fifth Wheel.........We are doing some modifications. Adding a second shelf in all of the cabinets. Open space is such a waste of space. We did that with all of our RV's. (4th one in 4 yrs). I purchased low profile light fixtures to replace the white plastic ones. I also purchase LED bulbs. Much cooler and use less battery juice. Didn't like the curtains that came with fifth wheel so we made valances and side arms.

Original Curtains

Handmade Valances with Side Arms
mkford1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #117
We originally bought our TT as a hurricane evacuation vehicle, after we lived through hurricane Ike.

We had only one major issue with the slide. Turned out it wasn't so major after all, just the idiots at the shop couldn't get their heads outta their butts! An annual caulking, and a water heater replacement are the only other things we've actually had to DO to it!

Then we took it out a few times and actually enjoyed it. Then we had to live in it for a while, while our new house was getting ready. Now we're free of most of the stress of moving, buying, and selling of property. We're really beginning to actually have time to enjoy it!

We thought about upgrading, but honestly haven't seen anything we like nearly as well as our 2007 Rockwood Signature Ulatralite! There are a few DPs out there we wouldn't mind having, but who's got that kind of money!

All in all, we're really pleased!

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2007 Rockwood Signature Ultralite, 31'
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #118
We are on our fourth TT and our second Forest River, our last was a 19RR Toy Hauler, we really liked it but wanted something larger as we are planning longer trips to Fl over the winter. After days of searching the web I found what I thought was the best floor plan for us, even I thought I wanted something a little smaller and lighter. What we bought is the 30WFKSS V-LITE and with the front kitchen TV placement where people can watch from couch dinette or two moveable swivel rockers, queen bed, an unbelievable amount of storage inside and the slides go way out to give you huge rooms. Plus this has not changed our mpg any, go figure, we love it. Hats off to Forest River.
2010 Ram 1500 Quad 4X4 5.7L
VaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #119
Hello. I don't have enough experience to post here yet, but here i go. My wife and I were shopping for a used trailer(couldn't afford a new one to sleep 7-8). We looked in our budget of 10K max... 5K(in our town and around) just didn't get it. We started looking for a cheap new one. We did find pretty nice entry level trailers in the 18K range. While were driving through a town(we had been through 3 times already) after looking at new trailers in OK we(ok my wife) spotted a 5er. We turned around and fell in love... of course it was 2X our max budget, but here we are. I would be concerned of Forest River after reading on this forum, but like I have seen written here most people posting the negative parts.. it would scare me to death. I have formed the opinion that I DO NOT want a fiberglass trailer, some of the commodes are trouble, jacks can be trouble, slide gaskets, TIRES(I am scared of these), tire clearance, torsion axles, water heater anodes and draining, etc. Most things are just common knowledge stuff. So far I love my 5er and WOULD buy again.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #120
We bought a FR Wolf Pack 27WP back in July and we've spent 25 night in it since. It's a toy hauler and we take 2 motorcycles and sometimes 3. This was our first camper. We always towed our bikes in a cargo trailer and stayed in a motel in the past. We really enjoy the camping thing with our bikes, it's much more fun than a motel. We like our camper. We bought it because it had a certain "style" and we still like that aspect of it. The size fits us perfectly and we like camping in it. As a toy hauler it's been a little "iffy", a little more engineering would have made me a lot happier. But I assumed a lot of things when I bought it and I was wrong. It was our first time and when we are ready to move up we'll know more of what to ask. Other than toy hauling design problems, we've had no major trouble with it and we can't wait to hit the road again. I suppose Forest River is as good as any of them, but if you are looking for something specific be sure you talk to people who are already doing what you want to do and let them tell you what to look for. I asked the dealer about these things and he said oh yeah sure you can do all that. Well not really but I keep working on the thing to get it right. If I had paid $10,000 for it I'd be happy to do these things but I paid a lot more than that and I thought it would all be great from the get-go but I was wrong. It's not like buying a new car, folks. I learned that much.

2012 Ford Lariat F-350 Super Duty
2014 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 27 TH
BeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote

led pad