Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #21
My turn! For years, we dreamed about getting a travel trailer. Especially on those rainy, cold fall nights when we'd open the zipper on our tent for what seemed like the millionth time and crawl in to a damp sleeping bag.

Last year, after more than 20 years in a tent, our dream became a reality. For the year prior, we researched floor plans, manufacturers and went to RV shows to figure out what we wanted and what we didn't want. The 8293RKSS fit the bill perfectly and we absolutely love it! As with others, we've had a few minor issues; nothing that couldn't be handled by my very handy DH or our dealer.

We camped 61 days last year and are on pace to match or exceed that this year. In fact, this past weekend was the only weekend in May we're not camping!

There are a couple of things I don't like ....the vinyl flooring is difficult to keep clean because of the "pebbly" texture and the carpet is cheap. I see a project in the next couple of years to replace with laminate flooring. But I didn't expect top of the line materials because we didn't pay for top-of-the line. We stayed within our budget and for the money, you can't beat the quality.

We love, love, love the outside kitchen!! But really, when it comes down to it, after tenting, how could you NOT love a unit with 3 televisions, 2 microwaves, 2 stoves, air conditioning, heat, a real bed, etc.? LOL.

We'd buy another FR product in a heartbeat. And when its time to upgrade, we'll stay with the FR family.

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
Count us as happy Forest River product owners. Our 2010 Sunseeker 2300 class C has had no construction or assembly problems. We drive a lot of gravel roads and it's holding together wonderfully!

The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!

Brian & Margie
OffPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
We like our Windjammer. Because we are full-timers we needed a large closet space which the floor plan provided. We looked for over 5 months before we purchased the Forest River product. We compared all the different models and companies. Forest River products looked to be of a higher quality especially in the entry level units. We have had TT made by other manufactures and they all have the same problems. The only problem we had was a losing a bearing on the highway. This was not a FR problem but a dealer putting the bearings on too tight after having them repacked. Went we decide to replace the TT it will be with another Forest River product.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #24
Site Team
We love our 2008 SV235RKS Surveyor. We've towed it all over God's creation and over some incredibly rough and nasty forest service roads; in the middle of nowhere. Over 25,000 miles on it. Everything works as it should. Couldn't be happier.
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
Let's hope as many people read this POSITIVE tread as they read the ones outlining problems...

We purchase a 2010 Shamrock 19 in the fall of '09 and ended up getting an '11 in the spring of '10. Going on our 3rd season.

A few little issues with the radio and the LP detector, but all replaced under warranty. I am actually surprised of the quality, I expected more issues. A bit of handyman, I love to maintain it, which for me is a big part of RV'ing.

There's just the 2 of us and we like to convenient size, once open it is as big inside as a 24 foot trailer.

Friends of ours have a 30 foot TT, and let me tell you that it is a BIG unit to deal with. Issues: storing, towing in the city (to get out...), parking, fueling up, finding a site in a campground, prep work at home, height, etc. I think that deep down they regret it, should have gone a tad smaller.

We are SOOOO happy with ours.
Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #26
Great thread
Our 2012 3150BHD is the very first camper we ever earned. I recall my day using an old popup back in the late 70's and he absolutely hated it. My sons and I do Boy Scout camping once a month. The wife and daughter wanted to enjoy some time as well. I didn't feel right making them sleep on the ground so a camper seemed like reasonable option. Our desires grew... we wanted one with A/C for those hot summer days. We wanted one with a shower so we could avoid shower houses.. so at the time we where thinking a hybrid. After looking at many campers, we setting of the large floor plan of the 3150. It provides our 3 kids their own little hang out during bad weather. We looked at a Passport and the Tracer as they both had very similar floor plans and weights. The Tracer won do to overall fit finish a fashion. I have never once had a second though about our purchase. I wanted a couple items to look like they were factory installed and PT was pleased to help.

This is our second year of taking it out and we have had no problems up to date. With a forum like this, I think all my maintenance questions will be answered and I expect to keep my TT for quite some time.

2005 Ford Expedition 5.4 4x4
2012 Tracer 3150BHD
sfrye5853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #27
We were pretty much always going to get a Forest River since some close friends had a rockwood ultra light. When we came across this 2012 Cherokee 264L we fell in love. The perfect floor plan, the power bunk in the slide, everything is great. It looks nice on the outside and nice on the inside. Like everyone there have been issues, but all so minor I will never lose sleep over it. I know almost all of our friends are envious for the price we paid on a new trailer this size.
Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #28
Bought a Forest River Salem Villa Estate 392 flfb last May (2011) Just dewinterized this past weekend ( Canada) and had one leak. It was my own fault as i forgot about the ice maker in the freezer. Also had Concertone radio replaced (warrenty) Other than that, we are quite pleased with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03281.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	13759  
camper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Am I a happy FR owner. Yes and I've had some problems along the way but they've have always done their best to rememedy any issues. I'm dealing with one right now and haven't heard back but I feel confident they will do what's right. We love the layout of the coach and see some features on the newer models we wish were available back when we purchased ours but that's with any product. They continue to evolve. We like the new 335DS, "L" shape sofa. I can see me watching TV through the back of my eyelids now. I've sent emails to FR about the issues I've encountered and they have always responded with a thanks and said it will be brought to the attention of the production foreman. I would hope others have experienced the same and with this new found information corrections can be incorporated during the build phase.
One thing I still think FR needs to do is a Survey their customers about what they do right vs. what needs improvement.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Many folks come here to learn about Forest River products before they buy one and get concerned because they see so many problems and issues here.

The problem and warranty posts fly hot and heavy, especially in the Spring, when campers are being prepared after a winter of sleep and are cranky waking up.

New members who just bought their camper are now worried they bought a bad product and potential buyers are scared off because all they see are the complaints. Triguy has the right idea. So I started this thread in the Lifestyle section to let those who love their camper to let the world know that they do.

If you love your camper; post here and tell the rest of us why you do.
I will go first.

Yep I am with you I love my Forest River Palomino 32bhok-6 !
Even with the minor warranty issues I would have a problem considering any other unit at this point .
IMO the quality of my unit is great . I believe if I designed campers this is what I would have come up with !
Forest River makes one quailty unit !

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

led pad