Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #41

This is my 2nd Forest River and I've loved them both. If you expect any manufacturer to produce a product with zero defects, I think you're expectations are little too high. I think it's how the manufacturers treat you when you bring the defect to their attention is what's important.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #42

Customer service

I have purchased trailers from Forest River and Cruiser RV ..... with both the customer service is above and beyond great....you always quickly get a real person on the phone and they have a solution if not right then, within a short time and promptly call you back.....selecting the correct dealer is important, but the factory deals directly with you on any issue at any time with all the answers.......the quality and floorplan of the Flagstaff 8524rlws - along with the pricing and service from the Charlotte dealship made it the perfect unit for us.....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #43

I love my Grey Wolf 28BH

I know the Grey Wolf line gets tagged as "entry level" and that is cool with me. I did a lot of price shopping before purchasing and came to the conclusion that you cant buy a better line of camper for the money. The interior is comparable to many layouts from many manufacturers (including the Jayco I traded in).

My Grey Wolf may not have superficial things like blingin wheels, Gel coated exterior, or leather couches but neither did the Jayco's. Grey Wolf cabinets are as good, if not better, than a lot that we looked at.

Our 28BH had some things that others didnt...like speakers outside, rack on the back, and especially the Power Pack option. All of that would have been a pricey upgrade from another company.

My wife and I agreed that we would never finance "toys", so when I found this TT at this price it was well worth purchasing. The best part....I have the title! At $30k for another TT I doubt I would have been willing to put $30k cash down.

I'll keep this one til I get my Class A!

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #44

I have no complaints. We have had a lot of different Rvs. during our many years of camping 50 total and the best was a Wildcat 5th wheel and we now have a 2011 Solera. We have had minor problems but always had good service from our FR dealers. Thanks for the positive posts.
Poppy Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #45

We own a 2011 Mini Lite 2104, and are very happy with it. (My wife calls it a dream!). Started camping in 1984 with a converted Econoline van, & upgraded to a Chalet Arrowhead in 2004. To make a long story short, we were tired of being cramped & having no room to move around, especially in bad weather. The Mini Lite seems very roomy, & the indoor plumbing & queen-sized Murphy bed are real luxuries. Just returned from our first long trip this year (to Pennsylvania) and the trailer performed flawlessly .

Did I say we're very happy with our 2104?

2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104
2011 Silverado 5.3 ~ 4X4

Great Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #46

Great post Herk. We are on our second Forest River product. On our first the dealer caused most of the issues and FR came through. Our second FR product is a Cherokee 39p and it exceeded our expectations. 14 months and no issues at all.

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #47
Mod free 5er

This is our 2nd Flagstaff. We liked the 1st one and the dealer (Tom Johnson - Concord) well enough that we didn't even consider another brand or dealer. We have lived in our trailers for the last 5 winters for 3+ months a year. Have we had problems, yes, but they were minor and were taken care of by the dealer. After the warranty expired, we had a minor issue with the Thedford toilet and finally just replaced it. The Concertone was a problem, 1 replaced on warranty, next one on my dime from a private individual. Our new 5er has the G3 and to hear the outside speakers the volume has to be turned up so loud it is unbearable inside. No help from Bob Fields other than take it to your dealer to have it tested. Ask what to test at home and no ans. Don't think very much of Concertone, but the Flagstaff is just what we want and like. Wouldn't consider another manufacturer or dealer, but sound system? in a heartbeat.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #48

We bought our 2007 Georgetown 340se used in 2010. We have been very happy with it. I would buy FR again. It suits our needs very well. After nine years with a 24 food Itasca Class C, I still am amazed at the roominess with the slides out. Looking forward to a nice weekend in Denali National Park! We don't live too far away, but I haven't been in the park since 1978.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #49
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcampr View Post
We bought our 2007 Georgetown 340se used in 2010. We have been very happy with it. I would buy FR again. It suits our needs very well. After nine years with a 24 food Itasca Class C, I still am amazed at the roominess with the slides out. Looking forward to a nice weekend in Denali National Park! We don't live too far away, but I haven't been in the park since 1978.
I am jealous of you, been to Alaska 3 times when our son was stationed there and I loved the state. Absolutely breathtaking. Nothing in the lower 48 compares. I always thought the Good Lord did his finest with Lake Tahoe, until we flew into Anchorage and decided he was just practicing when he created Lake Tahoe, he did his best on Alaska.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #50

We've absolutely love our 2007 32 foot Georgetown. We bought it as a new unit in 2009 so the warranty began on the date of purchase. All the problems were repaired promptly. Humphrey RV in Grand Junction has been great and even the local Ford rocks. The first summer my wife followed in our Toyota, so our priority was a tow set up for the Dakota ,so she can direct my driving better; Oh, and take a nap from home to our destination. The first fall, I tore down half our horse barn and raised the roof, so the Georgetown will stay pretty while stored. This year I dug a trench up by the house and had an out of work electrician put in a 50 amp service for us. Gives us an extra few beds when guests come.

The best part about our Georgetown is that as of today, we only owe $1000.00 on it!!!!!! Thanks Dave Ramsey.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #51

Love my Surveyor TT. It just had it's 1st birthday.
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #52

We purchased our used 2007 Rockwood 8315SS after looking at a hundred models. The open floorplan with galley up front is what sold us along with the fact that the trailer had not been used much as the factory seals we still on the sink. Out first TT and once I set up the proper hitch (EQ 4pt), away we went. We are full timers traveling the West and have been running and living in the rig since Feb 2012. Outside of a couple of cabinet door screws coming loose (to be expected given some of the roads we traveled the last 1000 miles), I've had absolutely zero issues and we love the rig. We been through some fairly wicked weather and have stayed cozy and comfortable. We are currently planted on Flathead lake in Montana and are loving life. Would I buy another? Absolutely.
Cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #53

After all forms of camping, backpacking, canoe, truck, PUP, we finally purchased a 2009 23SS HTT. This floor plan offers a great deal of living space with the super slide out, plenty of storage and best of all the tent end bucks.

Other than normal break-in problems, some of which were ignorance on my part, no major problems. Front bunk did leak in the driving rain, while driving at highway speeds.
FR and dealer replaced the seals and no further leaking.

Have traveled cross country last year with no problems whatsoever. I would highly recommend FR products.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #54

Send a message via AIM to Gary0848
Love My Cardinal!

I have had my 2010 Cardinal 3602bh for over a year now which I live in full time with the DW and our dog Pixie. I love the quality and comfort it offers. My microwave did fail at 6 months and was replaced by my dealer with no cost or problem. My dealer is RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown,Texas. It was my 2nd fifth wheel I have bought from them and have had great service always. No rv is perfect but I am happy with the quality and features of my Cardinal.

Happy camping!
Gary0848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #55

WE Love our New Flagstaff! Even though we have only had it a week and our first trip is next weekend it's great.First of all after reading all the bad things that have happened to some people While we were waiting for our TT to be built I have to admit I was getting nervous .But the unit is everything we expected and then some.As of right now after spending more time in it modifying,waxing ,testing , Then working or sleeping. I can honestly say that there is not one problem .All the appliances work all the plumbing is plumbed right all the electrical works and the exterior is chalked and sealed above and beyond my expectations the fit and finish of this unit is great. I am a very fussy person and the workmanship of this unit is great I'am sure I will have some issues but that is to be expected. But it just blows my mind that we are 100%satisfied with this TT Can't wait to go camping. It was well worth the 14 week wait
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #56

We LOVE our 2013 Columbus........ Call it the Earth Station. This is our first FR product! Mods?? well we now have surround sound to the main area tv....... more mods???? nope LOVE it that much!!! And love FR Forums just as much!!! The people here have been wonderful!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #57

Hello everyone, I'm Mick and we love our first little motor home. 22 foot Lexington B210 with the rear door, it's beautiful. We've taking three little trips putting a total of 2,000 miles. Now however, we would like to trade up our 2011 to one that is 26 to 28 feet now that we've found out that this is something that we really love doing. So wish us good luck while we start looking. Happy camping to all.
Mick Wise
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #58

We are very happy with our grey wolf 27bks. We have done a couple of mods - shelving in all cabinets, hinges that stay open, low light switch in the bathroom so the kids can reach, added a post to the dining table. Minor stuff. I want to add speakers for the tv (cable), so it's not so loud when the ac is on. The TT is helping us make some great family moments and memories for our children. A fabulous affordable TT for us!
stitchinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #59

We love our Flagstaff V-Lite 30 WTBS. The floor plan is better than any other TT that we have seen. Once we walked in it, we knew it was the one. Had not seen a layout with the bunk beds in the front and the master bed in the back on a slide out for more room. We were sold. We even did a factory tour of the place that they build our TT.
Once we got the TT it was just as we ordered and everything works great! Will continue to share more as we use it. Out dealer has been great as well. Westland Camping Center has been top notch thus far. I give thumbs up to Forest River.

Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #60

Cool Here's my 2 cents...

We love our Surveyor SP 240...for just the DW and I (and a feisty border terrier) it's the perfect size and the perfect floor plan...enough room, all the amenities, great storage, a real bathroom and even an outdoor kitchen (FR designers, listen up...this was a GREAT idea!). We've had a very few minor things crop up...nothing which couldn't be quickly adjusted or easily fixed. For the price, the quality is quite acceptable. For you newbies, take the time to learn a few basics about plumbing, 12v circuits and woodcraft, collect a few tools, use some common sense and the maintainence of your product won't be difficult or remain mysterious. And for you complainers out there..."Quit 'cher belly achin'"!! Coming from a long history of owning cruising sailboats, you folks have no idea what real construction/maintainence/repair issues can be!! Get a flat on I-95 in your TT and you pull over onto the shoulder and wait for AAA...spring a leak on your Endeavour 37 in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, at night, in a storm and you'll quickly become acquainted with a whole new perspective on quality control and repair/maintainence issues...trust me on this...Enjoy your FR...nothing built by humans is ever going to be without flaw...expect this, and remember this mantra..."the only difference between adventure and ordeal is ATTITUDE!"
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad