Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
Ok my turn, my wife and I just got back from 7 days of camping in our sp240(2012) and it was great it did all we wanted and more. We had rain, cold, sunny, and hot all in one week and we never had any problems. This was our first long trip that we got to try out everything and nothing was wrong everything worked like it is supposed to. The outside kitchen is the best item for me ( we call it the man kitchen) and the large real bathroom was great for my wife. I got great comments where ever we went.

daveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #32
After owning 2 pop-ups from Forest River, we decided to upgrade to our Roo 21SS, love it, love it, love reason, as we get older, the bathroom sure is handy! And we still like the canvas over our head.......will buy nothing else but Forest River products!

Steve, Roxanne
Golden Retriever 'Shelbie'
Beagle 'Woodie'
2012 Roo 21SS
bowtang2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #33
Herk comes through again. Always there with helpful tips and a wealth of knowledge and now a thread that is most appropriate. We have had our Windjammer 3008W for a year now and love the floor plan; especially the atrium windows. We were looking seriously at Jayco and to buy this time of year in 2012. We ran across the Windjammer line by chance on a Friday morning and on Saturday afternoon we owned it. Rockwood quality is much higher than what we saw in numerous other trailers and are having the time of our lives. Spent this last weekend at home after 3 straight weekends out and the trailer kept calling my name while I was doing yard work. Come on Memorial Day weekend!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2014 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Old car is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #34
I've had four F/R's, and would get another in a heartbeat.

The first was a 1995 Wildwood 265-SS Fiver, built in the California Plant. These were bottom-of-the-line, but very affordable, and fairly feature laden. My only complaint was that we had to open the slide a tad to use the potty on the road.

The second was a 1999 325-DS Fiver, and I had no complaints at all about this guy. It even had twin Lazy Boy Vibrating recliners! I traded it in on a 2000 Georgetown 346-SS, which was fine, until I found the one I have now, the 2005 342-DS. More features, and a lot ore room, even though it's 4" shorter.

It had 13,000 on it when we bought it. The stove, oven and micro had never been used. It had been through a BK dealer, and taken to a lot of shows.

Not much browser wear, but had some problems with the Lippert pump. The 100-A breaker had been blown, and both wires were on the same terminal and only hand-tightened. Caused the slides and levellers to work intermittantly until I found this. I just hit the net and bought a breaker for $35; cheaper than taking it back to the dealer!

The genny had 700 hours on it, as to be expected for a show unit, and I've had to change the brushes, 10 minutes and $30.

Neither of these were F/R problems, and now everything works perfectly, and has for the last year. Been on 20 or so trips to the Mtns., the lake (Isabella), and the ocean without a glitch.

Love it!
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #35
We love our 2011 Solera. We have had a few problem, but FR was fast at sending us the parts to make repairs. I did repair work myself.
2016 Forester 3171DS
Work 28 and 28 around the world.
Camp every chance we get

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
I think it is worth noting that perfection isn't a pre-requisite for satisfaction. In nearly every case here there were issues, but the fact that they were dealt with in a good way breeds that satisfaction - something that dealers and manufacturers (and not just RVs) should bear in mind.
If you can't wake up with a smile on your face, go to bed with a coat hanger in your mouth!!

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
We've gone from tent -> popup -> hybrid -> TT and finally a 5th wheel. This is our first FR product and we're very happy with the units quality and features.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #38
Like anything, as long as everything goes fine, I love it, but when problems arise, then I 'll probably hate it. So far, luck is on my side except for a small mishap with the rear bumper. Would I buy another FR; no reason not too and probably from either of the 2 previous dealers I purchased FR products from before. Today, I love my FR product.
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #39
FR product

My turn. My husband and I purchased our Windjammer 3065 in the fall of 2010. We looked at all different kinds of TT's for about 6 months when we decided, we really liked this TT. Well we are going on our 3rd season camping and we still love it! It was perfect for our family with 7 grandchildren. We had a few warrenty issues and FR came through for us. We just dewinterized it and everything's a go. No problems at all. We are leaving soon for a month long trip to the beach. I would definetly purchase from FR again, when we decide to upgrade to a 5th.
David & Annamarie(Fatty & Harley)
2011 Rockwood windjammer(3065)
annamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #40
IMHO... Any dealer/manufacturer can "say" they stand behind their product. I've come to believe that words are often cheap.

The real test is when you have a problem... they can't stay on the fence anymore... they have to either do the right thing or not... the good guys come through when you need help!

BEFORE making a purchase, it's helpful to ask people you know if they ever had a problem and how it was (or was not) handled... anyone can have a problem, it's how it's delt with that counts... just my 2 cents.

2012 Ford F150 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
2011 Rockwood MiniLite 1809s
E2 WDH 600/6000lbs
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote

led pad