Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #41

This is my 2nd Forest River and I've loved them both. If you expect any manufacturer to produce a product with zero defects, I think you're expectations are little too high. I think it's how the manufacturers treat you when you bring the defect to their attention is what's important.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #42

Customer service

I have purchased trailers from Forest River and Cruiser RV ..... with both the customer service is above and beyond great....you always quickly get a real person on the phone and they have a solution if not right then, within a short time and promptly call you back.....selecting the correct dealer is important, but the factory deals directly with you on any issue at any time with all the answers.......the quality and floorplan of the Flagstaff 8524rlws - along with the pricing and service from the Charlotte dealship made it the perfect unit for us.....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #43

I love my Grey Wolf 28BH

I know the Grey Wolf line gets tagged as "entry level" and that is cool with me. I did a lot of price shopping before purchasing and came to the conclusion that you cant buy a better line of camper for the money. The interior is comparable to many layouts from many manufacturers (including the Jayco I traded in).

My Grey Wolf may not have superficial things like blingin wheels, Gel coated exterior, or leather couches but neither did the Jayco's. Grey Wolf cabinets are as good, if not better, than a lot that we looked at.

Our 28BH had some things that others didnt...like speakers outside, rack on the back, and especially the Power Pack option. All of that would have been a pricey upgrade from another company.

My wife and I agreed that we would never finance "toys", so when I found this TT at this price it was well worth purchasing. The best part....I have the title! At $30k for another TT I doubt I would have been willing to put $30k cash down.

I'll keep this one til I get my Class A!
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #44

I have no complaints. We have had a lot of different Rvs. during our many years of camping 50 total and the best was a Wildcat 5th wheel and we now have a 2011 Solera. We have had minor problems but always had good service from our FR dealers. Thanks for the positive posts.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #45

We own a 2011 Mini Lite 2104, and are very happy with it. (My wife calls it a dream!). Started camping in 1984 with a converted Econoline van, & upgraded to a Chalet Arrowhead in 2004. To make a long story short, we were tired of being cramped & having no room to move around, especially in bad weather. The Mini Lite seems very roomy, & the indoor plumbing & queen-sized Murphy bed are real luxuries. Just returned from our first long trip this year (to Pennsylvania) and the trailer performed flawlessly .

Did I say we're very happy with our 2104?

2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104
2011 Silverado 5.3 ~ 4X4

Great Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #46

Great post Herk. We are on our second Forest River product. On our first the dealer caused most of the issues and FR came through. Our second FR product is a Cherokee 39p and it exceeded our expectations. 14 months and no issues at all.

Charlie
Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #47
Mod free 5er

This is our 2nd Flagstaff. We liked the 1st one and the dealer (Tom Johnson - Concord) well enough that we didn't even consider another brand or dealer. We have lived in our trailers for the last 5 winters for 3+ months a year. Have we had problems, yes, but they were minor and were taken care of by the dealer. After the warranty expired, we had a minor issue with the Thedford toilet and finally just replaced it. The Concertone was a problem, 1 replaced on warranty, next one on my dime from a private individual. Our new 5er has the G3 and to hear the outside speakers the volume has to be turned up so loud it is unbearable inside. No help from Bob Fields other than take it to your dealer to have it tested. Ask what to test at home and no ans. Don't think very much of Concertone, but the Flagstaff is just what we want and like. Wouldn't consider another manufacturer or dealer, but sound system? in a heartbeat.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #48

We bought our 2007 Georgetown 340se used in 2010. We have been very happy with it. I would buy FR again. It suits our needs very well. After nine years with a 24 food Itasca Class C, I still am amazed at the roominess with the slides out. Looking forward to a nice weekend in Denali National Park! We don't live too far away, but I haven't been in the park since 1978.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #49
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcampr View Post
We bought our 2007 Georgetown 340se used in 2010. We have been very happy with it. I would buy FR again. It suits our needs very well. After nine years with a 24 food Itasca Class C, I still am amazed at the roominess with the slides out. Looking forward to a nice weekend in Denali National Park! We don't live too far away, but I haven't been in the park since 1978.
I am jealous of you, been to Alaska 3 times when our son was stationed there and I loved the state. Absolutely breathtaking. Nothing in the lower 48 compares. I always thought the Good Lord did his finest with Lake Tahoe, until we flew into Anchorage and decided he was just practicing when he created Lake Tahoe, he did his best on Alaska.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #50

We've absolutely love our 2007 32 foot Georgetown. We bought it as a new unit in 2009 so the warranty began on the date of purchase. All the problems were repaired promptly. Humphrey RV in Grand Junction has been great and even the local Ford rocks. The first summer my wife followed in our Toyota, so our priority was a tow set up for the Dakota ,so she can direct my driving better; Oh, and take a nap from home to our destination. The first fall, I tore down half our horse barn and raised the roof, so the Georgetown will stay pretty while stored. This year I dug a trench up by the house and had an out of work electrician put in a 50 amp service for us. Gives us an extra few beds when guests come.

The best part about our Georgetown is that as of today, we only owe $1000.00 on it!!!!!! Thanks Dave Ramsey.

Tags
led pad