Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #61
I am very happy with my Grey Wolf 19rr. The size and floorplan suits my needs almost perfectly. It was very affordable. I looked at many models by Forest River as well as other manufactuers but kept coming back to the 19rr because of the layout. Quality is good for the most part. I am very picky about quality and I don't think anyone building trailers is perfect. I do think it is important though when someone has an issue to air it out so others can be informed. I'm sure Forest River has picked up some things from this forum as well.

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2008 Dodge 2500 CTD

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #62
Owner - RVtronics
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
I guess I will be next. ... The stereo did go out, not a concertone, but also was repaired under warranty. ...
LOL - I appreciate when I get the shout out that it was NOT mine!

Bob Fields
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #63
Alleged curmudgeon
Just getting started, but...

We love our 2013 Windjammer 3008W, which is our first TT. She's just under 4 weeks old, so we've only been able to get out for two long weekends to date, but are very happy to report that the features and floorplan of this rig seem to be all we thought they would be during our nearly two years of shopping around for a replacement for our popup.

So far, the quality has not disappointed. Don't get me wrong, we do not expect our rig to be perfect and unbreakable. That's probably because, as we shopped around, we came here to FRF to lurk and to learn. While lurking, we saw many reports of troubles and problems that opened our eyes to some realities. However, we also learned that trouble can often be avoided and that things can usually be fixed. In between the forum humor and the troubleshooting wisdom found here, we developed a comfort level which allowed us to realize we need not be intimidated by the prospect of owning and operating a TT.

This purchase was a big step for us, but we love camping (we were both raised in families that camped, and our first time camping together as a couple was tenting on our honeymoon, which was 31 years ago tomorrow). We tented until 2000 when we bought a popup which served us very well until we handed it off to its new owners (our son and dauther-in-law) the day the Windjammer came. Now we are very much looking forward to continuing our camping traditions in greater comfort and believe we found the right rig for the job.
2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #64
IT Guru
Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
We bought a used 2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS and we had a few minor issues, but over all I love this camper, and while I really want to upgrade (to the same model only newer) I'm hesitant just because of the 3 years of love and labor I've put in this one. The layout of this camper is great, we've sat 6 grown adults and 4 kids in the living/kitchen area while making and eating breakfast, and when ever we go camping with groups, it becomes the "indoor" meeting place in the mornings/evenings or rain delays.

Other than the few minor issues I'd recommend my camper and FR to anyone.

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #65
We've had our 2013 Rockwood 8280 diamond for 3 weeks now and have used it 10 days. We tried everything in it and everything works like it should. On another post I mentioned that the 2012 model came with a Corian white counter and the extension matched the table and not the counter, well surprise, the counter is a nice tan color and the extension matches it. I have done 4 mods already, I changed the bathroom door handle for one that locks, I've ordered a wingman upgrade for the TV antenna, I moved the little head lamp over the left side of the bed farther left because I kept hitting my head on it, and removed the door chuck.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS signature, diamond package
2011 F-150, FX4,EB,6.5' bed
Snowsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #66
This is the 1st RV that we did not buy new, and it was a rental from a dealer in Michigan. I don't have any warranty, and so far have found nothing that has needed attention, other then replacing vent covers from sun damage! I find the quality better the anything I have had previously.
yworrydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #67
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Well, we've been a member of the Forest River family for 6 years...first with a 2006 Sandpiper 305RLW fifth wheel. We only had to take that unit back to the dealer once for minor adjustments. Over the six years we had that we had a few issues, but certainly not Forest River related. We had the toilet valve go out twice, but I got quite good at replacing it.

We only had one AC and in Texas when there's not a cloud in the sky in July/August and the outside temperature is 110 or higher - that's just not enough. Again, not a Forest River problem.

Really - that's about it as far as any issues we had.

SO - it was a no-brainer to look first at Forest River when we wanted to upgrade earlier this year. And, one look at the Columbus 320RS and we saw the floorplan we had imagined in our minds.

And, the fact that while so many RV manufacturers were going through bankruptcy and out of business, the assurance of Forest River's ownership (Warren Buffett and Berkshire-Hathaway) was comforting.

We've been out 20 nights so far in our new Columbus, and it has been back to the dealer once for adjustments.

As the subject of this thread says..."I LOVE my Forest River product" and am anxiously awaiting our next trip out.

For the most part...the Forest River Forums is a terrific place for an open and honest exchange of ideas, hints, suggestions and a place where we can all share and learn from the experiences of others and become friends.

I'm not a big fan, however of those who choose to spend all their time here complaining about Forest River - especially when they haven't even gotten back with their dealer or Forest River Customer Service.

Thank you...and now I'll step down from my soap box and head on down the road.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #68
Wanna Be Camper
We are starting our 3rd summer with our 2011 V-Lite 30WRLS and it has been stellar in all ways as a 34 1/2 ft trailer for 2 should be. The only issues we have had were the jumping video issue on the ZX700 which Concertone graciously gave us the fix for, our air bed had a split seam after warranty (the service manager matter of factly stated "the sales dept made plenty of money off you so they can buy you a new air bed" and they did) and a wheel well moulding split after the 1st winter of -35 temps oh and the propane detector had to be replaced due to a ultra high pitched squeal that drove me nuts (well moreso than I already am), we have not taken our trailer back to the dealer for any of the little things that were needed and they even offered to send out their mobile repair unit but I just had them send me the parts and I did all the work. We have been to every RV show in the area since and have yet to find a unit we like as much as our 30WRLS, of course every year we see things we like at the shows and for some reason they seem to follow us home and end up in our unit so in some ways it is new to us every camping season. We are impatiently biting at the bullet to get going in Aug to the FROG rally in Indiana as that will be our first and probably only trip this year due to time issues.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #69
Yeah!! Two nights camping at Boyd Lake (less than 5 miles). Nothing broke or fell apart.
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #70
Relatively new to RV camping. Just traded a Jayco 304BH for a Windjammer 3008W. Went from no slide outs to two. We have room, room and more room. Seasonal camper, so we stay put. Views of the lake from the many windows is wonderful. Wife loves the kitchen on the end. She doesn't trip over me or the dogs nearly as much...I like the bathroom, (My Jayco must have been built for someone about 5'3")entertainment center and recliners. We've only stayed two nights but intend to use throughout Spring, Summer, Fall now that we are both retired. I need to contact Dealer about hooking up my subwoofer, but that is about it on repairs so far.

Glad to have a site for questions and answers.

Muskyman is offline   Reply With Quote

led pad