Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #81

I have had a Forest River BR19SC tent trailer for two years and 12K miles towed with approximatly 65 ups-n-downs. No problems other than owner caused. Trading it in next week on a new Flagstaff micro-lite 25DHS so we will see how this works out. The new unit is loaded with all the power operated options and auto light appliances and I hope they all work.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #82
Hob

I love my Forest River Product?

I'm finding I like my V-Lite 30 WTBS much more as I get over and fix the small issues. The small issues are:
1. Bypassing the water filter and using an external water filter.
2. Turning the dining table 90 degrees to give the 2 of us more table room.
3. Removing the fold-out couch and storing it in the basement of our house and putting in a couple comfortable chairs.
4. Finding a place to put up the toilet paper holder.
5. Sealing the tub surround so water doesn't leak down the wall behind the tub.
6. Installing LED bulbs in all the l light fixtures.
7. Putting in a battery disconnect switch inside.
8. Installing an electric tongue jack.
9. Fixing every screw hole that was stripped which so far has added up to 23.
10. Moving 1 bunk and 2 bed struts so they function properly to hold the bunk and bed access open.
11. Wiring the bedroom TV so we can get satellite TV and watch TV in bed.
12. Putting max-air vents over all the vents.
13. The wife is making all new curtains so the sun doesn't shine through the day/night shades.
14. The wife is making vent and sky light covers so we can close them off to assist in cooling.
15. Removing the aft door closer so the door doesn't get torn up. (The front door didn't come with one so that is one job saved.)
16. Purchasing an extension cable for the shore power, the power cord is just about 5' too short for some camping spots.
17. Put on 4 new tires to get rid of the ones the trailer came with because they were already showing wear after 350 miles. The new tires still look new after 500 miles.
18. Replaced the outside grill because all it's good for is warming a cup of coffee or tea.
19. Cheyenne Camping Center in Davenport, IA shipped me a new entertainment center and I installed it. They are great people to deal with.

Other than those few small issues, we really like the trailer. Great floor plan for 2 people. However, "quality is job one" certainly isn't a Forest River motto.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #83

We have a 2011 V-Cross 28 vbs. This is our 1st tt after moving up from the pop up and our 2nd season camping with it. We looked for months and at numerous models and when we saw this one, we knew it was the one for us. Knock on wood we have not had any major issues. Only the awning was missing a nut at the top of the bracket and bent the lock pin. Replaced that and the tv had the wiring wrong. We had sound but no picture. We stopped at the dealer on the way to the campground and they fixed both right there. The lay out is great for us and plenty of room for our 2 year old twins.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #84

I just wanted to throw my 2$worth in to my wife and I bought our 30f new in 2006 it has been a seasonal camper its entire life and we still love it we have had no major issues or problems with it ever and spend an Ave of 80 notes a year in it even the concert one still performs flawlessly:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #85

We tow a 2012 Microlite 23LBH with a 2006 F250 Powerstroke. We bought it one year ago. Very happy with the FR product. All issues have been taken care of by Middleton RV in Jefferson County, Missouri. The kids and I had camped in tents, a old pickup camper and a tent camper. Last year, DW stated she would go, but we would need to upgrade. Too nice to call it camping any more! Very happy with the product.
Speaking of upgrades, I am trying to switch the outside grill to a Coleman propane unit. I have all the correct fittings, but cannot get enough gas flow. Can anyone tell me if the outside gas connector is intentionally restricted, or do I need to check for a kinked line?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob
I'm finding I like my V-Lite 30 WTBS much more as I get over and fix the small issues. The small issues are:
1. Bypassing the water filter and using an external water filter.
2. Turning the dining table 90 degrees to give the 2 of us more table room.
3. Removing the fold-out couch and storing it in the basement of our house and putting in a couple comfortable chairs.
4. Finding a place to put up the toilet paper holder.
5. Sealing the tub surround so water doesn't leak down the wall behind the tub.
6. Installing LED bulbs in all the l light fixtures.
7. Putting in a battery disconnect switch inside.
8. Installing an electric tongue jack.
9. Fixing every screw hole that was stripped which so far has added up to 23.
10. Moving 1 bunk and 2 bed struts so they function properly to hold the bunk and bed access open.
11. Wiring the bedroom TV so we can get satellite TV and watch TV in bed.
12. Putting max-air vents over all the vents.
13. The wife is making all new curtains so the sun doesn't shine through the day/night shades.
14. The wife is making vent and sky light covers so we can close them off to assist in cooling.
15. Removing the aft door closer so the door doesn't get torn up. (The front door didn't come with one so that is one job saved.)
16. Purchasing an extension cable for the shore power, the power cord is just about 5' too short for some camping spots.
17. Put on 4 new tires to get rid of the ones the trailer came with because they were already showing wear after 350 miles. The new tires still look new after 500 miles.
18. Replaced the outside grill because all it's good for is warming a cup of coffee or tea.
19. Cheyenne Camping Center in Davenport, IA shipped me a new entertainment center and I installed it. They are great people to deal with.

Other than those few small issues, we really like the trailer. Great floor plan for 2 people. However, "quality is job one" certainly isn't a Forest River motto.
Just a side note for those reading. On upgrade #5, you do not have to seal the run surround that is part of the design, there is a wall beside the tub and wall that goes up several feet from the tub. I asked at the factory tour I took. I assumed the same thing.

We love our trailer too.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #87

When we were looking for our trailer at the RV Show in Tulsa in 2010 it was all about floor plan...floor plan...floor plan.
The longer we looked the more defined our list of "Must haves" got. Had to have a table and chairs vs dinette, had to have a microwave that was low enough for the DW to use easily, had to have a king bed, had to have more storage inside vs some models we looked at, and had to have a comfy chair in the living area.
We found our 2010 Salem 292FKDS at the show and there was nothing else that met the list of have to's.
We have had our share of issues.....but in less than 2 years with the trailer we have spent well over 100 nights out and have plans for another 50 days or so yet this year.
Would we buy a Forest River product again? Without question.....YES we would.
Looking forward to seeing a lot of FROG friends in Goshen in about 4 weeks and making a lot more new friends there too.

BOB and NANCY
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #88
Mod free 5er

We are very pleased with our 12 Flagstaff 8528 RKWSS. We have made a lot of mods to it, but not because FR didn't do something or other or due to quality, which has not been an issue with us. Knowing it is a lite wt, one should not expect any of the cabinets, etc. to be the same as in a home. We made the mods to make it more convienent for us as we are getting on in years and to put it bluntly, we're lazy. Me a lot more than DW.

Just had to add my 2Ę.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #89

I love our Flagstaff Hard Side Toy Hauler pop up, the T12SDTH.

At this point in our lives, we have owned 2 motorhomes and 2 travel trailers....and have really come full circle from primitive tent camping beginnings...so we know what we want and what we dont want..I am extremely pleased with this unit's simplicity in set up and all the amentites it carries and the cost was extremely reasonable for the package!

Low profile saves in gas and reduces towing stresses I had when hauling the Jayco TT....I hope to grow old with this trailer...told my husband "this was the one" .I dont think he beliees it...but for now, my love affair is going strong. LOL

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #90

One thing i do love on the 365SAQ is they put the water pump behind the outside control panel and with that...you barely hear it....my old TT had it under the kitchen sink and whenever we ran water or the toilet it about woke my kids up

Tags
led pad