Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Site Team - Lou

I love my Forest River Product

Many folks come here to learn about Forest River products before they buy one and get concerned because they see so many problems and issues here.

The problem and warranty posts fly hot and heavy, especially in the Spring, when campers are being prepared after a winter of sleep and are cranky waking up.

New members who just bought their camper are now worried they bought a bad product and potential buyers are scared off because all they see are the complaints. Triguy has the right idea. So I started this thread in the Lifestyle section to let those who love their camper to let the world know that they do.

If you love your camper; post here and tell the rest of us why you do.
I will go first.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I really love my Flagstaff

I think the floorplan of my camper is perfect for my wife and I. Even with a 65 pound bundle of energy named Bella, there is plenty of room to hang out and enjoy the world.

Our Flagstaff 8526RLWS 5th wheel is perfect for our GMC Sierra crew cab Duramax and towing it is wonderful. While we have had some troubles, some because I had no idea what I was doing when I started, I would not trade my camper for anything (OK, maybe a multi-million dollar Class A - But then I would have to start mod'ing it right away.)

FR you get a from us.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I guess I will be next. Have had our camper for 3 years, and will start 4th season next week-end. A wall in the bathroom with a bubble in the wall paper, but we bought it that way, and was repaired under warranty. The stereo did go out, not a concertone, but also was repaired under warranty. One tire blow out, not the fault of Forrest River. The only other work done has been modifications to fit our lifestyle, and the way we use our camper. Have towed over 4,000 miles, and spent 68 nights in 3 years. Not a lot compared to some, but as many as we could get away. Leaving next week-end to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary, in our camper.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #4

We just spent our first weekend in our 2013 Roo 25RS and we couldn't be happier. The quality is amazing. We couldn't find a thing wrong with it. We are so happy we bought a Forest River product. My parents are equally as happy with their 2010 Sabre.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Site Team

I've always liked the idea of having a trailer but it was only a dream until recently. With a modest saving account set aside for a trailer I came across my unit unexpectedly and made that dream come true. The funny part is that at first glance it didn't do much for me but as I looked at other trailers I found myself coming back to this trailer. As I left the lot I started picturing myself in it and knew it was the one.

Of couse I think FR makes a nice looking trailer too. As I meet fellow campsite neighbors one comment they always make is about how much room there is in my bathroom compared to their trailer.

Except for the electric tongue jack I haven't had any big issues. The electric tongue jack was an add-on from the dealer and once they replaced it with an upgraded unit there have been zero problems. I have said it many times but my trailer is perfect for me. It allows me to live within my means on a modest income and RV too.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #6

Our grey wolf 28bh "patriot" has been great! Bought it last July, and have spent over 40 nights in it since then! We've had no problems at all, and it pulls great behind our 2004 1/2t suburban. Power tongue jack, awning, and stabilizers are great too!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #7

My wife and I love our 2011 Forest River Bershire 390rb-40. We have been fulltime living in it since the Wildfire in Bastrop Texas burned our house in September. We've had a few minor problems, but nothing more than owing a house. The value and floorplan are fantastic. Would we buy another one? In a HEARTBEAT!
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #8

Talking

We really enjoy our 2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS. Pulls nice behind our 2006 2500 Dodge.. Besides a minor problem with the tongue jack (covered under warranty) it's been a quality travel trailer. I've done a few of the popular mods and looking for more to make my TT more efficient and I enjoy tinkering.

As a matter of fact, we just got back today from a quick trip down to Branson, Mo

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
I guess I will be next. Have had our camper for 3 years, and will start 4th season next week-end. A wall in the bathroom with a bubble in the wall paper, but we bought it that way, and was repaired under warranty. The stereo did go out, not a concertone, but also was repaired under warranty. One tire blow out, not the fault of Forrest River. The only other work done has been modifications to fit our lifestyle, and the way we use our camper. Have towed over 4,000 miles, and spent 68 nights in 3 years. Not a lot compared to some, but as many as we could get away. Leaving next week-end to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary, in our camper.
Congratulations on your 33rd ann.!!!!

This will be our 3rd season of camping in our trailer. We've had a few minors problems that I fixed myself rather than towing it to the dealer an hour away. We love our FR Sabre and would definitely buy another FR product.
Our duramax handles this trailer very well also and will definitely buy another duramax when that time comes along.

Happy camping everyone
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
Many folks come here to learn about Forest River products before they buy one and get concerned because they see so many problems and issues here.

The problem and warranty posts fly hot and heavy, especially in the Spring, when campers are being prepared after a winter of sleep and are cranky waking up.

New members who just bought their camper are now worried they bought a bad product and potential buyers are scared off because all they see are the complaints. Triguy has the right idea. So I started this thread in the Lifestyle section to let those who love their camper to let the world know that they do.

If you love your camper; post here and tell the rest of us why you do.
I will go first.
Thanks Herk. You nailed it. I've been on here a month or so and pretty much have my wife agreeing to a Georgetown 378 after she finally got to see one in person. I was nearly scared off a few times after reading some of these horror stories. I'm still hanging in there and need to wait until a condo I own sells before I can buy.
That said, I'm a junky for info and have learned what to look for while lurking here.

gredmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad