Old 04-21-2016, 06:15 AM   #21

I also have the Mini one. 4 years now in the 5th wheel. live in Michigan, but never an issue storing it over the winter. i keep it clean with vinegar as stated above.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
We use the mini keurig in the fiver. I leave it in the trailer over the winter. I use bottled water in mine. So far no issues in2 years.
Ditto in our trailer. We have the mini and there are no issues. We leave it in the trailer and have done so for 2 years. It is great to have.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #23

When we first got our coach we went looking for an electric coffee maker since we would run the generator for the residential fridge. They were all so big and hard to store until we came up the Hamilton Beach single cup. Doesn't hold much residual water and was small enough to put under the sink.

Something like $35.00. Since then we have bought 2 more for our stick homes. Always fresh coffee, no K-Cup hassle, simply use ground coffee. Makes a great cup that is always fresh and doesn't take up half of the galley storage.You can use regular coffee cups or travel mugs.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #24

I like that. Cheaper to operate too. Those K-cups are not cheap.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #25

Why would any sane person want to spend 50 cents for one cup when for the same 50 cents you can brew 12 cups? I just dont get it????
Old 04-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #26
Site Team

You can buy refillable k cup pods and put whatever coffee you want in them
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #27
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Why would any sane person want to spend 50 cents for one cup when for the same 50 cents you can brew 12 cups? I just dont get it????
Cause I only have two cups of coffee a day and the DW doesn't drink coffee.

And I like having a variety of different brands/types of coffee. That's what drew me to the Keurig.
I don't like drinking the same brand/type of coffee every day.
With the Keurig, I can mix it up.

Plus there's virtually nothing to clean up. No filters to deal with, no measuring coffee, no wet grounds to dump and nothing to rinse out.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Cause I only have two cups of coffee a day and the DW doesn't drink coffee.

And I like having a variety of different brands/types of coffee. That's what drew me to the Keurig.
I don't like drinking the same brand/type of coffee every day.
With the Keurig, I can mix it up.

Plus there's virtually nothing to clean up. No filters to deal with, no measuring coffee, no wet grounds to dump and nothing to rinse out.
Agree and in addition, I'm an earlier riser than the DW and there's no need of her getting up and drinking 2 hour old coffee in the carafe.

2009 GMC K1500 4x4 Crew Cab
2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #29
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

We too have the mini keurig and never had issues storing it in the 5er through the last 4 winters.
One thing I didn't see mentioned, it has such a short cord on it. I had to put in an outlet by the stove for it. It was a win win because it gave us a plug for the toaster oven when we need it. All my other plugs are under cabinet so the first time we used it I had to stack boxes under it just to plug it in. Now it's a permanent fixture on the countertop.
Also my wife drinks flavored coffees and I don't so the individual cups work perfect for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461265686027.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	105651  
05CrewDually is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
When we first got our coach we went looking for an electric coffee maker since we would run the generator for the residential fridge. They were all so big and hard to store until we came up the Hamilton Beach single cup. Doesn't hold much residual water and was small enough to put under the sink.

Something like $35.00. Since then we have bought 2 more for our stick homes. Always fresh coffee, no K-Cup hassle, simply use ground coffee. Makes a great cup that is always fresh and doesn't take up half of the galley storage.You can use regular coffee cups or travel mugs.
I had one for several years...loved it..but it died recently. Now I have to go find it again..Wally world had them but only certain ones. I KNEW I should have bought a backup.

I use a pour over brewer which gives a better cup of coffee as I also roast my own beans. That gets the other seasonals wondering what the ehck is going on. But sometimes I don't want to stand for two minutes pouring slowly...especially when someone else wants a cup, then I really don't want to stand for two minutes and pour brew theirs!!