Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #21

I didn't know that they let women on this forum! LOL
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #22

SHHHH.

Though I have all our names in the signature, I (the wife) post exclusively.

In our Work and Play, the previous owner had 2 large shelves installed, one on each wall of the garage. We removed one, but kept the other. But I used a couple of plant hangers and a collapsible shower curtain rod to make a place to hang clothes once we were camped.

Sold that and now have a Chappy 5er. No mods yet because it's about perfect. Can't think of anything other than the 'over the door' hooks to hang towels and bathrobes on that they left out.

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:19 PM   #23

Bravo to all the brave women that pull and back up their RV's. Wow!! I have yet to pull our fifth wheel. Not that DH doesn't want me to. Just haven't had oppty. Mostly parked at deer lease.

I love RV and hoping to convince DH to sell everything and live on the road for retirement! Already have my eye on our next 5th wheel which will include an outside kitchen.
TeamPlumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:59 PM   #24

I'm the only one that reads the rv stuff online. Definitely learned lots of stuff on here. I drive, back, wash and set up our class c. Usually we camp together, but sometimes I stay by myself when working.
We took out 1/2 of our dinette and our sofa and replaced with recliners.
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #25

I love all of the things that we have been able to learn together. This is our first rv and we knew nothing about them until we brought it home and started living in it. We have been making many slight fixes and correcting issues (that we probably caused lol). We have figured out exactly what we do and don't need. I love that when our neighbors are annoying, we can just leave

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #26

I do everything TT r later. I load, organize, pull, park, etc.. I am the camp expert in the house, and my DH usually watches our 8 & 10 year old while I do it. My DH has MS, but I have always loved camping and the outdoors. I might still be in a tent if it wasn't for his MS. He can't handle roughing it due to his MS, so we bought a TT. I actually really like being the expert, and I've always maintained that I'm a better driver anyway. ; )
Chomsky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #27

My sister and I purchased our first RV last October. We haven't had it out yet since the season had ended when we brought it home. We can not wait to take it out! Not to mention this is our first time owning one. We have made several trips for the upcoming season and cant wait to start making incredible memories together. We have so much to learn! Me, her, and our little doggies are going to have a great season.
Tdkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #28
Canoeing and camping fun

Smile

When we owned our pop-up (ok still trying to sell it on Craig list) I backed it into the campsites the first three years. The DH says it was because I can think backwards. The last two years he did most of the backing up. Until our last trip this last fall did all dry camping in the Adirondacks. Our last trip we had water and electricity what a difference not having to fret about battery life.
Bought a mini-lite 2503S this past Nov 2017 model it's in storage at the dealership till April. Already have two trips planned the first will be dry cramping in the Adirondacks with canoes, camera, binoculars and fish poles (trout here we come mostly catch and release no barbs on the hooks). Second trip is to Maine with another couple who own a TT will have full hook ups while there. No mods planned till beyond warranty (could be awhile got the extended second year after reading about it on the forum).
Any of you ladies have backing up tips for me I'm used to being able to see over the top of the pop-up. Yes we are installing a backup observation camera.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #29
Insert witty title here

Today, I identify as a woman so hear me ROAR!!!!

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #30

I do most of the repairs, mods, packing, maintenance and planning.
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #31

Hey jean d, congratulations on your new camper. We have never dry camped, but even with hookups, the move from a popup to our hybrid made camping even more comfortable.

I was never able to see over my popup as it was a highwall, so don't know how much different it would be. I have always had an issue with gauging how far past the site l need to go before I start backing in. the back up camera does help but you may still have to get out and look. Having a spotter is helpful.
I like to get sites that I back in from the left, as I can see how the trailer lines up to the camping pad edge in the drivers side view mirror. These are usually exterior loop sites if the traffic runs clockwise.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #32
Canoeing and camping fun

Funny the DH always backed in from the left and I always went from the right. At our last home had room to practice backing up in the backyard. New house doesn't have an area where we can practice. Our son works at a local college and he said to practice in their parking lot when school isn't in session (less people to watch the fun than at Wal-Mart)
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Funny the DH always backed in from the left and I always went from the right. At our last home had room to practice backing up in the backyard. New house doesn't have an area where we can practice. Our son works at a local college and he said to practice in their parking lot when school isn't in session (less people to watch the fun than at Wal-Mart)
That is great, you each have a speciality😀. I can see the decision process as you pull up to the site.
At home, i have to back from the right due to where I need the camper to end up - on the left side of the house. And I often end up with the driver side tires off the driveway. Oops LOL
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Until our last trip this last fall did all dry camping in the Adirondacks. Our last trip we had water and electricity what a difference not having to fret about battery life.

Bought a mini-lite 2503S this past Nov

Any of you ladies have backing up tips for me I'm used to being able to see over the top of the pop-up. Yes we are installing a backup observation camera.
If you don't mind advice from a guy... We did the same thing. Had a popup for 13 years (and camped mostly in the Adirondacks). Went to a full size trailer and couldn't 'cheat' anymore when backing up by just looking over the top of the popup. Its just an adjustment to get used to using the mirrors instead. The best advice I've seen for this is find a big open space like a parking lot and practice backing in from different angles. Once you get that feel for how the trailer turns, you should be all set.

And your new trailer should be great for expanding your camping destinations and its still small enough to fit into all the great ADK state parks. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
Hey jean d, congratulations on your new camper. We have never dry camped, but even with hookups, the move from a popup to our hybrid made camping even more comfortable.
Never dry camped with a popup or the Roo? IF the weather doesn't require AC or a lot of heat, there are some great spots for dry camping. Just adding a second battery is enough to be comfortable for 2-3 days easy. We have hookups 75% of the time, but our absolute favorite spots where we can truly unzip all the canvas and enjoy the advantage of the hybrid are dry spots that the big rigs can't even get to. And after a few close calls with our solar setup (mostly due to trees, more so than clouds) we broke down and scored a Champion 2000W inverter generator for $399 last month, just to extend our dry camping abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
As you can see from my signature, us gals have been busy camping in our popup, usually leaving our men folk at home.
DW has threatened this a few times when I get out of work late when we are supposed to be leaving for a trip. Hopefully I don't come home one of these times and find her and camper gone.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #35

LOL, nope never dry camped with the popup or the hybrid. State parks with power hookups are my cup of tea, though I might consider a Genny in the future but so far have not felt the need for it.
Yep leave um home. But now my hubby is retired, he goes with us a bit more often.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:46 AM   #36

Hello! We're new Forest River owners, we've had it about a month. We got a Vengance 2015 5th wheel toy hauler. We LOVE it. It fits all six of us very well, lots of space to move around I LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitchen. It's quite comfortable. We use a bit of the entertainment center for a pantry, but less and less as I've gotten moved in.

So far our biggest organization items have been Sterlite 3 drawer dressers for the garage to store the kids clothes and throw blankets. We have three, but are seeing if two will do. I also am using little storage baskets with handles to organize my pantry items in the cabinets. That way I can pick it up and slide it out instead of rifling through everything to see what's in the back. I have used a folding shelf to lift lighter items/baskets up and make use of the larger cabinets (cans on the bottom, things like marshmallows, etc on top of the shelf. I got the idea from Josh and Kali's videos (The Freedom Theory). I was skeptical about "wasted space", but really it made getting things in and out of the cabinets so easy. I'm very happy.

The only other things I can think of are several 3M hooks for the walls that we're still installing and figuring out, some clear square kleenex box holders to spread around the camper. We will be using pop rivets to install drink holders in our living room (it's a slide wall) and in our bedroom (same). Oh, we put 3M hooks in our shower (supposed to be eventually to hang swim wear if we need to, but it works GREAT to hang up wash cloths to air dry a bit.

We are planning a trip to west Texas next month to go see the stars. We can't wait....Grand Canyon trip later this year.

Happy camping everyone!

Complex Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #37

We Have a 2017 Wildwood 35ft. TT. Love it, did a complete walkthrough of over 3 hours, minor fixes and tweeks needed, nut otherwise its been perfect. Have been on 7 trips so far, each better than last, we added a second fold out couch in bunk room on bottom for adults who visit leaving two bunks for kiddos, we added a small rollable kitchen island, to add counter space and has two shelves I velcroed baskets on for storage, we added a long foot stool with two baskets for in front of living area couch, holds games and dvds, we added straps to hold padding around tv during travel, shelves in bedside cabinets for clothes, rollers on couch drawers and dinnette drawers. Added a long four drawer unit at bade of master bed under mattress for clothes, rubber corner knobs for shin,safety, added small shelves above potty for towels, lots of hooks for hats and coats, cork board inside one cabinet for notes and reminders, lED lights that stick on walls inside pantry and small ones in,master bedroom on each side of bed by head of bed cause center light is harsh in face. Hubby built a wooden extra step with handle for step area, we added extra strong jacks for stability, got anyway arms for awning to not bend in wind. Added light cord for outside rug area after seeing others do it. Makes ground brighter for walking at night. Now for inside, I have turned some of our trips photos into 8x8 canvas pictures and velcroed up, added black out curtains and only add inside extras from trips, ie; bedside rugs and pottery trays and so on.
Outside kitchen added route 66 sign,and bottle opener from a trip and have large rug for it also. Use only unbreakable glasses and dishes and all collasabke bowls and containers in kitchen and dish drain set, easy storage. I have two large, high sided trays I store in bunk room and use to take items out side for cooking and to return back inside. We redid our roof seals with the bonding tape, eurbond I think,,said will last year's nut check every six months. We are next going to make table more sturdy and permanent, AND DID I MENTION WE LOVE OUR CAMPER..LOVE IT
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabear2 View Post
Hubby and I have been living in our FW-Silverback since November 2014. I have been hoping to find some ideas also-such as, how do others display family photos, what do u keep in that little cupboard with the control panel for the awning, etc., and how do you use the little nook in the bedroom. I am totally loving my little home on wheels. I'm in a park now-no tow vehicle. Since I am still working, it is perfect for me. Would love to see pictures!
I made 8x8 canvas pictures, light weight and Velcro up
Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
We are out here! I love getting away from the tv and news, computer and phone.
HHHmmm added some room darking curtians from Wally-mart on spring rod. Helps keep the sun out and trailer cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Added some battery sconce lights. Heated mattress pad on the bed (new mattress much more comfortable). CampingGator -- I am guessing your are a Gator(UF) fan? have a niece there in grad school. Where in North Central FLA. I ues to live outside G-ville in a little town... Melrose.
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #39

As a couple, we camped and pulled our Forest River American Sport. Hauled it with a GMC 450. Took our motorcycles with us. But only when we could get vacation time together. When i retired, we decided we could no longer afford the fuel to travel. So 4 or 5 years ago, we went seasonal. So i camp with my dog and love it. The only real decor or organizing thing i did, was put shelving units in the bedroom clothes closet. I keep my sewing machine and crocheting projects at the camper. I bought a pretty powerful floor fan for the deck, keeps the mosquitoes and wasps away. I have a rotating electric heater. I use that to warm up the main area in the mornings. Electric is cheaper than propane in our case. I love this board, lots of help and tips for camping.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #40
Summer2Go

With my popup, I camped with my kids as they grew up, for about 10 years. As a single mom they learned to work as a team to set up and maintain the camp site, it was great family bonding. I couldn't give it up, and neither could they. I now have a 183 Roo, that I can completely manage myself, and an adult kid or two comes along when we go.
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote