Old 04-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #21

I didn't know that they let women on this forum! LOL

Old 04-30-2015, 01:37 PM   #22

SHHHH.

Though I have all our names in the signature, I (the wife) post exclusively.

In our Work and Play, the previous owner had 2 large shelves installed, one on each wall of the garage. We removed one, but kept the other. But I used a couple of plant hangers and a collapsible shower curtain rod to make a place to hang clothes once we were camped.

Sold that and now have a Chappy 5er. No mods yet because it's about perfect. Can't think of anything other than the 'over the door' hooks to hang towels and bathrobes on that they left out.

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #23

Bravo to all the brave women that pull and back up their RV's. Wow!! I have yet to pull our fifth wheel. Not that DH doesn't want me to. Just haven't had oppty. Mostly parked at deer lease.

I love RV and hoping to convince DH to sell everything and live on the road for retirement! Already have my eye on our next 5th wheel which will include an outside kitchen.
TeamPlumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:59 PM   #24

I'm the only one that reads the rv stuff online. Definitely learned lots of stuff on here. I drive, back, wash and set up our class c. Usually we camp together, but sometimes I stay by myself when working.
We took out 1/2 of our dinette and our sofa and replaced with recliners.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #25

I love all of the things that we have been able to learn together. This is our first rv and we knew nothing about them until we brought it home and started living in it. We have been making many slight fixes and correcting issues (that we probably caused lol). We have figured out exactly what we do and don't need. I love that when our neighbors are annoying, we can just leave

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #26

I do everything TT r later. I load, organize, pull, park, etc.. I am the camp expert in the house, and my DH usually watches our 8 & 10 year old while I do it. My DH has MS, but I have always loved camping and the outdoors. I might still be in a tent if it wasn't for his MS. He can't handle roughing it due to his MS, so we bought a TT. I actually really like being the expert, and I've always maintained that I'm a better driver anyway. ; )
Old 02-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #27

My sister and I purchased our first RV last October. We haven't had it out yet since the season had ended when we brought it home. We can not wait to take it out! Not to mention this is our first time owning one. We have made several trips for the upcoming season and cant wait to start making incredible memories together. We have so much to learn! Me, her, and our little doggies are going to have a great season.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #28
Canoeing and camping fun

Smile

When we owned our pop-up (ok still trying to sell it on Craig list) I backed it into the campsites the first three years. The DH says it was because I can think backwards. The last two years he did most of the backing up. Until our last trip this last fall did all dry camping in the Adirondacks. Our last trip we had water and electricity what a difference not having to fret about battery life.
Bought a mini-lite 2503S this past Nov 2017 model it's in storage at the dealership till April. Already have two trips planned the first will be dry cramping in the Adirondacks with canoes, camera, binoculars and fish poles (trout here we come mostly catch and release no barbs on the hooks). Second trip is to Maine with another couple who own a TT will have full hook ups while there. No mods planned till beyond warranty (could be awhile got the extended second year after reading about it on the forum).
Any of you ladies have backing up tips for me I'm used to being able to see over the top of the pop-up. Yes we are installing a backup observation camera.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #29
Prime Member

Today, I identify as a woman so hear me ROAR!!!!

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #30

I do most of the repairs, mods, packing, maintenance and planning.