Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #41

I bought my camper myself. I do all the maintenance. And I usually camp alone.
I let my hubby drive my truck once while towing, and it won't happen again! [emoji15]
It's my happy place. And usually when I take it out, it's to do dog events that he doesn't care about. Either that or to get away when he's driving me insane!
Camping is not his thing and I'm mostly ok with that [emoji6]
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #42
Canoeing and camping fun

Fixed fresh water tank drain problem

OK after our first trip with the 2503S the fresh water tank wouldn't drain. Husband and I both looked at the valve and it is riveted in. Well while DH was away today I went out with a flexible straw and a piece of the tube from a soap pump. Laid on my back in the driveway and started blowing air through the drain valve. Could hear it bubbling in the fresh water tank after blowing about five times it started to drain.
You never know what a determined woman will come up with to fix a problem.
Know that there is something in the fresh water tank that blocked the drain. In case it happens again I plan to add a piece of longer flexible tubing to our toolkit.
The men can laugh all they want about how I fixed this ( for now).
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #43

You didn't ask for DH input... I would worry a LOT of the DW tried to camp alone.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #44

Let's hear it from the ladies

Yes, I think there are a lot of women on here who just don't advertise that lol. My husband is mostly interested in getting the trailer to the fishing hole, and loves me for figuring out how he can watch football in the trailer (casting NFL mobile to a smart tv). Me? When we do or get anything I have to know everything there is to know and I can tinker and work on things for days. We usually keep our 5er about 800 miles away because we are working out of state and we fish a lot of tournaments in our home state, but we brought it back to take the grandkids to Gatlinburg so I have it in front of the house and am getting to all of the little things that needed to be done like replacing trim and changing a recalled door handle. I also replaced both televisions with much lighter Smart TV's and replaced the non working surround sound unit. We've been tinkering with the water pump as it has been sputtering and I've about decided it needs to be replaced so I was on here to read some posts about that! We have very little experience with that as we are usually hooked to city water but we camped in a parking lot coming back and realized it isn't working very well.

I am fine letting my DH drive across the country but I do the driving frequently as I usually leave and set up and he joins me after work. He is way better at backing our boat but for some reason I back the 5er like it's nothing and he has lots of trouble with it. We each do what we are good at!

Someone earlier asked about family photos. I use all plastic frames (in case they fall) and put them up using two sided Velcro tape. I've found the stuff you get at truck stops is the best. It's designed to hold a CB radio so I have never had a picture fall off the wall.

Another thing I've discovered is hanging closet shelving gives us way more clothing storage than drawers. It's made to hold shoes and/or blankets but most of our shirts and shorts are hung up that way. The added benefit is that it cushions everything around it.
kayleebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #45

I'm impressed with all of you ladies who take it upon yourself to camp! We just got home from a camping vacation this afternoon. The weather here in Florida is so hot and humid that it takes the energy out of you. We. Didn't do half of what we wanted to do. That is partly due to having two of our grandchildren with us. One of them didn't want to kayak or go swimming at the beach. They are getting older and won't want to go at all in another year or two. Therefore, I'm not complaining too much about not doing everything we had planned. We did go on an airboat tour and snorkeling the Florida Reef off Key Largo. We also camped part of the week with my brother and his family and my brother in law and his wife, which was fun. My parents even made it for a picnic because we were camping forty five minutes from them. Back to work tomorrow. Hopefully we can get back out for a weekend soon.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #46

I love DW dearly but if camping was up to her she wouldn't get off the front porch
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
That's funny....She told my wife the exact opposite !!!
Ha. Your DW says she'd rather camp with Chloe.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote