Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #1701
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Ok hereís our first campsite in our new RV. Iím down here in San Antonio going to school at TEEX and decided to take the RV instead for my first venture. Iíve been here a week and so far Iíve managed to leave the awning out and wind ripped it off. The park is wonderful. Staff are the nicest ever. They even called to see if they could help getting everything down. Free WiFi and free city cable. WiFi is actually pretty decent. iPad and MacBook connect with hardly no issues. All in all I love doing this. It has given me a new respect for what full timers go through. I work on the pipeline so I will be getting a lot of practice with this big ole thing. Weíve got a 2014 ForestRiver Sierra 370RDOK. Itís a big one. 42í10Ē. We are parked at Braunig RV Lake Resort. Off of I37 just 5 minutes out of San Antonio. Yep I posted my lesson picture. Lol. Have a fantastic week yíall.
Great attitude Jeff even in the face of adversity. I learned by having nearby neighbors warn me not to leave it out the first trip out.

The attitude will help you enjoy it for many more years! Best of luck moving forward and hope you don't have many more issues.
__________________

__________________
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:00 AM   #1702
Senior Member
 
Jeff6146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Great attitude Jeff even in the face of adversity. I learned by having nearby neighbors warn me not to leave it out the first trip out.

The attitude will help you enjoy it for many more years! Best of luck moving forward and hope you don't have many more issues.


lol. Thanks. Iíve learned to see the brighter side of things after 23 years in the Army. Iím still tracking the satellite coaxial cables. Just found the splitters so now just a matter of time before I have it rewired the way I want it. Aaaanndd my sewer isnít exactly done either. But Iíve got everything now. After it stops pouring rain and out of the 30ís Iíll finish it. And one of the guys in school with me used to build 5th wheels in the factories, and another worked at a dealership installing awnings. Maybe I can get the hookup from these two brothers. Weíre all safety professionals all in different fields.
__________________

__________________
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:02 AM   #1703
Senior Member
 
Jeff6146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
Bradenton Florida. Attachment 157748


Thatís nice.
__________________
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:12 AM   #1704
Senior Member
 
Jeff6146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yeah I just get the bellow. Weird. I am using Tapatalk, not the FRF App so who knows.. Anyways, sorry to get off the rails.


Maybe talk to the admins, they can probably tell you want to install on your phone. They pay for these groups so theyíve got to have a customer support they can go to also.
__________________
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #1705
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
lol. Thanks. Iíve learned to see the brighter side of things after 23 years in the Army. Iím still tracking the satellite coaxial cables. Just found the splitters so now just a matter of time before I have it rewired the way I want it. Aaaanndd my sewer isnít exactly done either. But Iíve got everything now. After it stops pouring rain and out of the 30ís Iíll finish it. And one of the guys in school with me used to build 5th wheels in the factories, and another worked at a dealership installing awnings. Maybe I can get the hookup from these two brothers. Weíre all safety professionals all in different fields.
Good reason to build a set of awning poles so it doesnít happen again.
__________________
At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #1706
Senior Member
 
Jeff6146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Good reason to build a set of awning poles so it doesnít happen again.


Awning poles? Thatís the ones attached to the side of the RV right?
__________________
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:21 AM   #1707
Senior Member
 
tuckerdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 469
Garner State Park TX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	691.1 KB
ID:	157763   Click image for larger version

Name:	034.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	645.6 KB
ID:	157764   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	702.9 KB
ID:	157765   Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	157766   Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	590.7 KB
ID:	157767  

__________________

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB ( Mine )
2015 Genesis 5.0 ( Hers )
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum ( Ours )
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #1708
Empty Nesters
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 81
Flying Flags Resort in Buellton, CaClick image for larger version

Name:	3813.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	157897Click image for larger version

Name:	20171208_172222.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	157899
__________________
2017 Sunseeker 2250 24' MH
KenandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #1709
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Ok hereís our first campsite in our new RV. Iím down here in San Antonio going to school at TEEX and decided to take the RV instead for my first venture. Iíve been here a week and so far Iíve managed to leave the awning out and wind ripped it off. The park is wonderful. Staff are the nicest ever. They even called to see if they could help getting everything down. Free WiFi and free city cable. WiFi is actually pretty decent. iPad and MacBook connect with hardly no issues. All in all I love doing this. It has given me a new respect for what full timers go through. I work on the pipeline so I will be getting a lot of practice with this big ole thing. Weíve got a 2014 ForestRiver Sierra 370RDOK. Itís a big one. 42í10Ē. We are parked at Braunig RV Lake Resort. Off of I37 just 5 minutes out of San Antonio. Yep I posted my lesson picture. Lol. Have a fantastic week yíall. Attachment 157760Attachment 157761Attachment 157762
One of the first things you learn and that is not leave these cheap electric awning out during your absents or when at camp when the wind comes up. Invest in some awing poles or make your own. Here is a pic of mine. Later RJD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_4435.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	157902  
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #1710
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 77
Sorry about the awning
__________________

__________________
Carl Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.