Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #181

We didn't get a base with ours either, however, I've seen universal tv bases at some stores & you probably could find one on Amazon.

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #182

I've been saving my opinion on our 2015 Micro lite 21fbrs, but I can't hold back any longer. We purchased in Sept. 2014 at Hershey RV show. We wanted something easy to tow about the country. First trip to Florida in Jan. 2015 for 6 weeks. Built in filter holder came apart, flooded storage area. 2 days lost cleaning up mess and redoing the connections to bypass this stupidly located feature. Second trip to Mt. Rushmore in Sept. 2015, 4 weeks. Blown slide fuse. Easy fix. But it appears refrigerator is having trouble keeping things cold. 3 days for ice cube tray to freeze. 3rd trip, Nov. 2016 to Florida. Stayed 2 weeks, had two mobile RV guys look at refrigerator, they both concur it needs replacing. 2 months out of warranty. We go home for holidays, leave trailer in florida disconnected. Come back Jan. 2017 and after 3 days with refrigerator we bite the bullet and replace the refrigerator. $1500.00. Can't sell this POS without a working refrigerator. Less than a week later, water heater fries itself, that's today. Oh, yeah, husband had to take genesis apart when we first got it because hdmi cable was too short. Adjustments made to shower to prevent water spraying everywhere, already had to replace shower head. Cross country travels will not happen in this or any other Forest River product. Now he's repairing valance over bed, screws fell out of wall, holes too big. We head home end of March, hope we make it.
juudede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by juudede View Post
I've been saving my opinion on our 2015 Micro lite 21fbrs, but I can't hold back any longer. We purchased in Sept. 2014 at Hershey RV show. We wanted something easy to tow about the country. First trip to Florida in Jan. 2015 for 6 weeks. Built in filter holder came apart, flooded storage area. 2 days lost cleaning up mess and redoing the connections to bypass this stupidly located feature. Second trip to Mt. Rushmore in Sept. 2015, 4 weeks. Blown slide fuse. Easy fix. But it appears refrigerator is having trouble keeping things cold. 3 days for ice cube tray to freeze. 3rd trip, Nov. 2016 to Florida. Stayed 2 weeks, had two mobile RV guys look at refrigerator, they both concur it needs replacing. 2 months out of warranty. We go home for holidays, leave trailer in florida disconnected. Come back Jan. 2017 and after 3 days with refrigerator we bite the bullet and replace the refrigerator. $1500.00. Can't sell this POS without a working refrigerator. Less than a week later, water heater fries itself, that's today. Oh, yeah, husband had to take genesis apart when we first got it because hdmi cable was too short. Adjustments made to shower to prevent water spraying everywhere, already had to replace shower head. Cross country travels will not happen in this or any other Forest River product. Now he's repairing valance over bed, screws fell out of wall, holes too big. We head home end of March, hope we make it.
Forest river did not build the refrigerator or water heater so blaming it on them is not exactly fair. As far as the water filter I agree they should not ever be installed inside since they are notoriously known to fail and a lot of people pull them out completely. But a blown fuse and a loose screw is not really what I would call a big problem.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by juudede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
Forest river did not build the refrigerator or water heater so blaming it on them is not exactly fair. As far as the water filter I agree they should not ever be installed inside since they are notoriously known to fail and a lot of people pull them out completely. But a blown fuse and a loose screw is not really what I would call a big problem.
X2.

I understand the need to vent, but the issues you've complained about are not really Forest River issues. Pretty much any TT you buy will have the same fridge (Dometic) and the same water heater (Suburban or Atwood). You don't say what you mean by "fried" regarding the water heater, but if you mean the electric element, that was probably your own fault, as I've only heard of them burning out if turned on with no water in the heater. As far as the filter, if you'd been a regular on the forum sooner, you'd probably have seen the many threads on the cracking issue and would have removed it. The slide fuse issue is also fairly common and is not necessarily a FR issue. Many people replace the shower head with an Oxygenics because it's better.

So good luck with your next TT, but don't be surprised if you have similar issues, because your SOB (some other brand) will have the same non-FR components.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #185

Exactly why I've held my tongue until now, and I understand your point. But we bought cheap and we got cheap. FYI: We have a
2005 Sunline 264 SR that we use as a seasonal from 5/1-10/15 for the last 10 years, problem free. Re: water heater, yes it has water in it, replaced element, turns out power cord shorted at water heater. We are currently using it on gas. I do however feel that the RV manufactures are not holding their suppliers to a higher standard. But that is the state of our throw away world. Thank you for your input.
juudede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #186

You got hosed on the fridge big time. There is very little to fail on an absorbition fridge that cannot be fixed pretty cheap.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #187

Count us in. We just purchased a 2017 2509. New model that has everything we want for the family to grow up camping in. It's the only reason we sold our 2014 1940LTD pop up. We take delivery in a few weeks once old man winter decides to leave CT for the year. Purchased at the RV show in Edison NJ. Has a bike rack on the ladder. Got the furrion camera because it looks seriously helpful for highway lane changes. We have two young children that both learned to walk at a campground and they couldn't be more pumped up about the bunk beds. Momma loves the outside kitchen and I love not having to spend an hour plus on setup and breakdown. We are loving the idea of extending our season into early spring and late fall. We stay mainly in the Hudson valley, lower Catskills and western CT. If anyone sees me pickin my guitar stop by, have a beer, and sing a song.
ctdarcys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #188

Looking at the Mini Lite 2503S

Went to our local Richmond, VA RV show this weekend and saw the Rockwood Mini lite 2503S. We loved it. Not what we were interested in when we went but are totally convinced this is the one for us and the dogs. If you love yours let me know. Any mods. I'm already thinking how to make it ours. Now to find a Great used truck to tow it with.

Dojo1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:31 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojo1228 View Post
Went to our local Richmond, VA RV show this weekend and saw the Rockwood Mini lite 2503S. We loved it. Not what we were interested in when we went but are totally convinced this is the one for us and the dogs. If you love yours let me know. Any mods. I'm already thinking how to make it ours. Now to find a Great used truck to tow it with.

Here are the mods I've done:

1. Inside switch/pilot light for hot water heater electric element

2. Honeywell RHB111B digital thermostat

3. Fencepost sewer hose holder

4. PVC pipe WDH spring bar holder

5. BAL Hide-a-Spare for spare tire

6. 2” receiver/beefed up frame for bike rack

7. 4 pin connector for bike rack lights

8. Routed fresh water tank drain to side of trailer

9. 110VAC outlet on street side sofa table

10. New locks all keyed together (except outside shower)

11. Dura Single Handle faucet in shower

12. Replaced on-board water filter with coupler and outside filter

13. Accur-Rite fridge/freezer temperature monitor

14. Computer fans on fridge condenser coils

15. Removed rubber feet on Murphy Bed legs and replaced with felt

Old 02-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #190

WOW... I'LL CALL YA WHEN I'M READY FOR FOR MINE LOL....Nice job you've been busy.
Dojo1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:19 PM   #191

Quote:
WOW... I'LL CALL YA WHEN I'M READY FOR FOR MINE LOL....Nice job you've been busy.
It's a disease. You'll find out!

Old 02-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #192

Quote:
we have a 2015 Micro Lite 25KS, the twin of the Mini Lite 2503s, ..... we don't need to accommodate children, other relatives, or even pets, so for us its the perfect couples trailer and we love it, .... if you are into modding, that model offers a ton of mod opportunities to keep you busy for years, ... had ours for two years and am just now beginning to see a small light at the end of the modding tunnel, ..... got ours from Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA for a great price, yes, that's a trip, but you're closer to them than we were, and it was worth the drive, .... anyway, we love this model, and if yall do get one and are interested, I'd be happy to share what we've done to tweak it to our liking and comfort, ......

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #193

Quote:
Not what we were interested in when we went but are totally convinced this is the one for us
our experience was similar, in that we were looking to replace a Micro Lite 21DS we had lost in an accident, and made the trip to see a 23' Micro Lite(can't even remember what model now), ... we looked at the 23'er and as I began to talk to the salesman, DW disappeared, ... unknown to me, the longer we talked the bigger THEY were getting, ... eventually DW showed up with the news that she'd found the right one, and she had, ... the 25KS had just arrived that morning and wasn't even prepped for display, it must have been left unlocked, ... it was just what we were looking for, ... and certainly comfortable enough and usable "right off the shelf", but we constantly find ways to tweak it and in our opinion "improve" it just a little, ... the main goal is to get what you want, we did and couldn't be happier...........

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #194

I've searched for threads that cover this with no luck. There is a public scale at an rv storage facility near us that we'd like to use to weigh our trailer & truck. I've found instructions for correctly weighing on a CAT scale but this is only one large scale instead of three. Can someone please tell me 1) will this give us enough information and 2) exactly what & how do we weigh. I think we are well within our max weights for both payload & towing but want to be sure! I appreciate any help!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Old 04-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #195

I'd guess you could do it, but you'll have to do a lot of moving the TV and TT back and forth to get each axle on the scale in the appropriate condition (i.e., TT hooked up, not hooked up, etc.)

Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #196

Thank you. I knew it would be more work but the closest CAT scale is a LONG way from us. I was just hoping this could work. Figure the extra work is worth being safe & sure. Our trailer is still covered & snow is expected this weekend so we have plenty of time to get it figured out. I do appreciate your input!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Old 06-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #197
Canoeing and camping fun

First trip issues

Had our first trip in the 2503S mini lite just before memorial day. We were boondocking in the Adirondacks only two camper issues. The first is one side of the sound bar came undone from the wall (screws fell out of wall). We unscrewed the other end still have to put it back up. The second problem was the fresh water tank wouldn't drain (any ideas on what may have happened). Drove home with the valve open pulled over to check and there was some water dripping out so maybe some debris in tank (we sanitized before the trip and it had drained fine then).
Looking forward to next trip going to a campground with full hook-ups.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #198

I use the FW pump to drain mine in my unit. The small diameter drain pipe is basically useless. I can pee faster than it flows.....

It takes maybe 5 minutes to drain my tank with the pump and the sink and shower faucets on.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:38 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Had our first trip in the 2503S mini lite just before memorial day. We were boondocking in the Adirondacks only two camper issues. The first is one side of the sound bar came undone from the wall (screws fell out of wall). We unscrewed the other end still have to put it back up. The second problem was the fresh water tank wouldn't drain (any ideas on what may have happened). Drove home with the valve open pulled over to check and there was some water dripping out so maybe some debris in tank (we sanitized before the trip and it had drained fine then).
Looking forward to next trip going to a campground with full hook-ups.
Mine didn't come with a FW tank drain valve, just a plug. The plug is right between the two axles. I didn't want to have to crawl under it everytime I wanted to drain it, so I bought an elbow, some PEX, a fitting and a valve and piped it out behind the rear wheel. Shot some black paint on it and it disappears into the rest of the drain lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water tank drain painted.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	140152  

Old 06-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #200
Canoeing and camping fun

Got the fresh water tank to drain

The fresh water tank drain didn't work after our recent camping trip. My husband and I both tried to figure it out (the little nozzle piece is riveted in). So while he was away today I went out with a flexible straw and a short piece of tube (from a hand soap pump). Opened the valve inserted the flexible straw and while laying on my back in the driveway started blowing air into the tank. I could hear it bubbling up into the tank after about five episodes of blowing the tank started to drain!!

I know the men on here will think I was nuts to try this but it worked. I know there is probably something floating in the tank that caused the problem.

Dealership is a two hour drive away and we didn't want to haul any further with over a third of a tank of water (if the gauge was reading right).

Adding a piece of flexible tubing to the toolkit in case this happens again when on a boondocking trip.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote