Old 06-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #121

I was not impressed with the grill that came with our trailer. Hard to believe CW lists it at about $150.00. I acquired a small Coleman stand alone grill. I didn't expect much from it but was surprised at its performance on 2 weekend trips. Some people have converted this type to quick connect but Coleman cautions that their appliances are designed for somewhat higher pressure than what the trailer regulator provides. A local propane supplier has refillable 1-pound bottles which you purchase once and then bring back for exchange, paying only for the pound of propane. I think I will go that route, keeping the grill portable for occasional tent campouts or tailgates.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #122

Yeah my grill is still in the box. I'm sticking with my Camp Chef stuff that I already had and love

Old 06-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #123

When it comes to grilling, I'm all about charcoal! At least with red meat! My ML 21 ds came with a gas grill but have never used it!
Old 06-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #124

We use our ML provided grill all the time. It's perfect for the 4 of us. If I'm cooking for more then it gets tight.

2012 Ford F-150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2012 Micro Lite 23lb

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
Previous TV: 2006 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L V8
2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2L I6
DisDad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #125

In camp!

Left this morning around 9 and are now in camp, set up and waiting for the bluegrass pickers to get cranked up! All is well, good to be ... On the road!
Old 06-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #126

I need help regarding sanitizing our water system. We bought our camper new in February. Took it to the dealer in late April to be de-winterized. Almost immediately after that, we learned my husband needed major surgery & truthfully forgot the dealer had left water in the tanks. It's still there & we are now at the point in 2 weeks that we can FINALLY use our new trailer. Obviously first step is to drain he water. Since water has been sitting there all this time, I'm thinking we need to sanitize the system. Am I right? Other newbie questions - do we remove the water filter first? What do we need to do regarding the hot water heater? Remove heating element? Any & all help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxies in the Rockies View Post
I just checked our 2016 2504s & the ladder blocks the opening of the bathroom door. We don't have the night shades on the bunk windows either. I was disappointed about that as we have a very early rising 3-y-o granddaughter & darker is better!!! Due to surgery my husband had to have, our new trailer hasn't been taken on its first trip yet. I'm hoping by the end of June!!! In the meantime, I'm learning lots here!
My 2016 2504S has the bunk ladder that allows the bathroom door to open.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #128

Grizzzman - we're going to cut some off the bottom of our ladder to make it fit better. I wonder if you have a completely different ladder or its just shorter than ours. Could you post a pic of it in place?

We got our PI EMS-HW30C, a cover on our front vent and a bar on the screen door installed last weekend. We're FINALLY going to be able to take it out for the first time this Thursday! Of course rain is predicted but I don't care. We get to go!
Old 06-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxies in the Rockies View Post
I need help regarding sanitizing our water system. We bought our camper new in February. Took it to the dealer in late April to be de-winterized. Almost immediately after that, we learned my husband needed major surgery & truthfully forgot the dealer had left water in the tanks. It's still there & we are now at the point in 2 weeks that we can FINALLY use our new trailer. Obviously first step is to drain he water. Since water has been sitting there all this time, I'm thinking we need to sanitize the system. Am I right? Other newbie questions - do we remove the water filter first? What do we need to do regarding the hot water heater? Remove heating element? Any & all help is greatly appreciated.
Doxies: Looks like no one's helped you out here. I looked for something already written in the Library, but didn't see anything. I'm not sure you need to sanitize, but it won't hurt if you do.

Here's what I do:

Drain your FW tank. Remove your filter and re-install the casing.

Now fill the FW tank using bleach. You'll want to use 1/4 cup bleach per 15 gal of water. Some people mix the bleach into a gal or so of water and then pour it into the FW tank. I just pour the bleach into the tank. It will get well mixed as you fill the tank. (If you don't have a gravity fill for your tank, pour the bleach into the hose, then hook up the hose.)

Fill the FW tank until it's full. Turn on the pump and pump the bleach solution through all the lines. Now let everything sit for at least 4 hrs. Overnight is better.

Drain and re-fill the FW tank 2 or 3 times to rinse out the bleach solution. Then put enough water in the tank so you can pump it through all the lines. Flush the bleach solution out of the lines and you're done (a minute or each for each line).

Re-install your filter.

Note that this hasn't gotten the couple of feet of hose between your city water connection and the point where the pump comes in. If you want to get this, do the bleach-in-the-hose bit and attach the hose to the city water connection and run one of the faucets for a minute.

Good luck.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #130

Rockfordroo - thank you for such easy to follow instructions! We decided not to sanitize & just drained the system. Since it was nothing but water, we used the opportunity to practice dumping the black & grey systems as well as draining the FW tank. I've saved your instructions though & will keep them for when we need to do it. There's so much to learn! Thanks again!