Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #181

We didn't get a base with ours either, however, I've seen universal tv bases at some stores & you probably could find one on Amazon.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #182

I've been saving my opinion on our 2015 Micro lite 21fbrs, but I can't hold back any longer. We purchased in Sept. 2014 at Hershey RV show. We wanted something easy to tow about the country. First trip to Florida in Jan. 2015 for 6 weeks. Built in filter holder came apart, flooded storage area. 2 days lost cleaning up mess and redoing the connections to bypass this stupidly located feature. Second trip to Mt. Rushmore in Sept. 2015, 4 weeks. Blown slide fuse. Easy fix. But it appears refrigerator is having trouble keeping things cold. 3 days for ice cube tray to freeze. 3rd trip, Nov. 2016 to Florida. Stayed 2 weeks, had two mobile RV guys look at refrigerator, they both concur it needs replacing. 2 months out of warranty. We go home for holidays, leave trailer in florida disconnected. Come back Jan. 2017 and after 3 days with refrigerator we bite the bullet and replace the refrigerator. $1500.00. Can't sell this POS without a working refrigerator. Less than a week later, water heater fries itself, that's today. Oh, yeah, husband had to take genesis apart when we first got it because hdmi cable was too short. Adjustments made to shower to prevent water spraying everywhere, already had to replace shower head. Cross country travels will not happen in this or any other Forest River product. Now he's repairing valance over bed, screws fell out of wall, holes too big. We head home end of March, hope we make it.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by juudede View Post
I've been saving my opinion on our 2015 Micro lite 21fbrs, but I can't hold back any longer. We purchased in Sept. 2014 at Hershey RV show. We wanted something easy to tow about the country. First trip to Florida in Jan. 2015 for 6 weeks. Built in filter holder came apart, flooded storage area. 2 days lost cleaning up mess and redoing the connections to bypass this stupidly located feature. Second trip to Mt. Rushmore in Sept. 2015, 4 weeks. Blown slide fuse. Easy fix. But it appears refrigerator is having trouble keeping things cold. 3 days for ice cube tray to freeze. 3rd trip, Nov. 2016 to Florida. Stayed 2 weeks, had two mobile RV guys look at refrigerator, they both concur it needs replacing. 2 months out of warranty. We go home for holidays, leave trailer in florida disconnected. Come back Jan. 2017 and after 3 days with refrigerator we bite the bullet and replace the refrigerator. $1500.00. Can't sell this POS without a working refrigerator. Less than a week later, water heater fries itself, that's today. Oh, yeah, husband had to take genesis apart when we first got it because hdmi cable was too short. Adjustments made to shower to prevent water spraying everywhere, already had to replace shower head. Cross country travels will not happen in this or any other Forest River product. Now he's repairing valance over bed, screws fell out of wall, holes too big. We head home end of March, hope we make it.
Forest river did not build the refrigerator or water heater so blaming it on them is not exactly fair. As far as the water filter I agree they should not ever be installed inside since they are notoriously known to fail and a lot of people pull them out completely. But a blown fuse and a loose screw is not really what I would call a big problem.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by juudede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
Forest river did not build the refrigerator or water heater so blaming it on them is not exactly fair. As far as the water filter I agree they should not ever be installed inside since they are notoriously known to fail and a lot of people pull them out completely. But a blown fuse and a loose screw is not really what I would call a big problem.
X2.

I understand the need to vent, but the issues you've complained about are not really Forest River issues. Pretty much any TT you buy will have the same fridge (Dometic) and the same water heater (Suburban or Atwood). You don't say what you mean by "fried" regarding the water heater, but if you mean the electric element, that was probably your own fault, as I've only heard of them burning out if turned on with no water in the heater. As far as the filter, if you'd been a regular on the forum sooner, you'd probably have seen the many threads on the cracking issue and would have removed it. The slide fuse issue is also fairly common and is not necessarily a FR issue. Many people replace the shower head with an Oxygenics because it's better.

So good luck with your next TT, but don't be surprised if you have similar issues, because your SOB (some other brand) will have the same non-FR components.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #185

Exactly why I've held my tongue until now, and I understand your point. But we bought cheap and we got cheap. FYI: We have a
2005 Sunline 264 SR that we use as a seasonal from 5/1-10/15 for the last 10 years, problem free. Re: water heater, yes it has water in it, replaced element, turns out power cord shorted at water heater. We are currently using it on gas. I do however feel that the RV manufactures are not holding their suppliers to a higher standard. But that is the state of our throw away world. Thank you for your input.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #186

You got hosed on the fridge big time. There is very little to fail on an absorbition fridge that cannot be fixed pretty cheap.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #187

Count us in. We just purchased a 2017 2509. New model that has everything we want for the family to grow up camping in. It's the only reason we sold our 2014 1940LTD pop up. We take delivery in a few weeks once old man winter decides to leave CT for the year. Purchased at the RV show in Edison NJ. Has a bike rack on the ladder. Got the furrion camera because it looks seriously helpful for highway lane changes. We have two young children that both learned to walk at a campground and they couldn't be more pumped up about the bunk beds. Momma loves the outside kitchen and I love not having to spend an hour plus on setup and breakdown. We are loving the idea of extending our season into early spring and late fall. We stay mainly in the Hudson valley, lower Catskills and western CT. If anyone sees me pickin my guitar stop by, have a beer, and sing a song.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #188

Looking at the Mini Lite 2503S

Went to our local Richmond, VA RV show this weekend and saw the Rockwood Mini lite 2503S. We loved it. Not what we were interested in when we went but are totally convinced this is the one for us and the dogs. If you love yours let me know. Any mods. I'm already thinking how to make it ours. Now to find a Great used truck to tow it with.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojo1228 View Post
Went to our local Richmond, VA RV show this weekend and saw the Rockwood Mini lite 2503S. We loved it. Not what we were interested in when we went but are totally convinced this is the one for us and the dogs. If you love yours let me know. Any mods. I'm already thinking how to make it ours. Now to find a Great used truck to tow it with.

Here are the mods I've done:

1. Inside switch/pilot light for hot water heater electric element

2. Honeywell RHB111B digital thermostat

3. Fencepost sewer hose holder

4. PVC pipe WDH spring bar holder

5. BAL Hide-a-Spare for spare tire

6. 2 receiver/beefed up frame for bike rack

7. 4 pin connector for bike rack lights

8. Routed fresh water tank drain to side of trailer

9. 110VAC outlet on street side sofa table

10. New locks all keyed together (except outside shower)

11. Dura Single Handle faucet in shower

12. Replaced on-board water filter with coupler and outside filter

13. Accur-Rite fridge/freezer temperature monitor

14. Computer fans on fridge condenser coils

15. Removed rubber feet on Murphy Bed legs and replaced with felt

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #190

WOW... I'LL CALL YA WHEN I'M READY FOR FOR MINE LOL....Nice job you've been busy.