Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2021, 08:31 PM   #401

Ok, update on my fresh water issue.
I called Forest River - quickly transferred to Rockwood, asked for some technical assistance and got transferred to a very polite and sharp guy, I think named Lucas.
I explained my issue and he agreed it was a big problem. He paused for a bit and then asked if the water came out the vent hole or the fill tube? When I said it sort of squirted out the vent hole in a rhythmic fashion. He said, "I think your vent line is kinked or pinched". Then asked if I used a flow restrictor or regulator. I said that I just ran it full blast from my spigot.
He advised trying to limit the flow rate and look for a kink in the vent line.
I was able to see my vent hose easily near the water heater. I gave it a little wiggle, push, pull and it definitely freed up a little. I then used the adjustable pressure regulator that I use on city water hook up but dialed it to less than 20. This yielded more air and burping through the overflow vent but a very full tank. I repeated the 12 gallon tote measuring method and I got 4 very full totes and one about 1/3 full.
Wow, I'm so happy I didn't take it to my dealer over 90 min away as I know they told the first thing they would do is cut an opening in my underbelly. I didn't want that.
Hope this info might help someone else.
JVthePT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #402

2015 micro light soft floor in front of toilet/sink

We have a soft spot in the floor in front of the toilet/sink
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this
I pulled the toilet out and the floor is solid all around the flange
I'm wondering if because we stand in that same spot all the time that's why its soft
Any insight on this would be great
Markd0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:34 PM   #403

We had a rotted floor issue on our 2015 Micro Lite 25KS, same spot in the bathroom, .... came from an open seam(poor install at factory) in the wheel-well area, ... showed up two months after 2yr warranty was over, but after a local Forest River dealer inspected and confirmed it had come out of the factory that way, FR did do the repair, ... picked up the trailer at that dealer, towed to factory, replaced with complete new floor and vinyl, .... did a very quick and a very good job, ... it's easy to see that can be a troublesome spot, out of sight, so can go a long time without knowing about it and then it's too late, the damage is done, .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0639.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	263465   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0630.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	263466  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #404

A soft spot in your floor is usually a sign of a water problem, not from continuous use. Sorry you’re experiencing it! Discovery is the next step. Good luck.
CYAH OUT THERE! is offline   Reply With Quote