Old 03-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #81

Congratulations! I'm sure you are as excited as we are for this first season in our new campers!

Old 03-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #82

Grey water capacity

We seem to fill our grey water tank in just a couple of days. We don't use the shower because the campground has nice ones so it's only doing dishes and brushing teeth that's filling it so quickly. We try to be very conservative when washing up, but maybe we are doing something wrong. Should we just go ahead and get the portable tank so we can empty often?

SusanO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #83

Grey Water

Susan, are you sure your water tank is really that full? Sometimes the lights on the panel aren't accurate. We fill ours up every two to three days also, but we take at least two showers per day in the trailer. Congrats on your 2104S, we love ours.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiecowboy View Post
Susan, are you sure your water tank is really that full? Sometimes the lights on the panel aren't accurate. We fill ours up every two to three days also, but we take at least two showers per day in the trailer. Congrats on your 2104S, we love ours.
If the lights aren't accurate how can we tell how full the tank is? Thanks!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 AM   #85

Grey Water

The shower drain is the lowest point - when the grey water tank is completely full it would start coming up through your shower drain. Also I believe my grey tank holds 30 gallons, but I've never really timed how long it takes to dump when it is full. I would guess about 30 to 45 seconds of really strong water flow before it begins to slow down. It could be that you have a piece of food from dish water that is blocking some of the sensors in your tank, which would make your lights on your panel show full in error.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanO View Post
If the lights aren't accurate how can we tell how full the tank is? Thanks!!!

Ours will also go 2 days without dumping, and that's taking a bath or two per day. I think your lights aren't reading correctly.

I would suggest laying under the camper the next time your lights are showing it to be full and tapping on the tanks with your hand. You should be able to get a good idea of the water level inside the tank that way.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #87

Quote:
We seem to fill our grey water tank in just a couple of days. We don't use the shower because the campground has nice ones so it's only doing dishes and brushing teeth that's filling it so quickly. We try to be very conservative when washing up, but maybe we are doing something wrong. Should we just go ahead and get the portable tank so we can empty often?
Catch your "Dish and Teeth" water and use it to Flush with,this conserves everything! Youroo!!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #88

Thought I'd share a pleasant surprise. I took delivery of a Mini-Lite 2109S this past May. I've begun getting it ready for this summer's season. Last weekend I set out to repack the wheel bearings. I got out my bearing packer, made sure I had a good supply of grease. Gathered all the tools I'd need to remove the wheels and brake drum to get at the hub and spindle. Once I got the tire & wheel off I discovered that my trailer has Dexter E-Z Lube bearings. I can change the grease with nothing more than a manual grease gun. With a bit more examination I also discovered that it has self-adjusting brakes.
What am I to do with all this extra time and mechanics toys I don't need? :-)

Joe
Old 04-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #89

Quote:
We got our Mini Lite in August, first time TT owners. We did an overnight shakedown trip in Aug and a long weekend trip to N Llano River SP in November. The heat set off the smoke alarm and scared the bejeezus out of us, but kind souls elsewhere on this forum explained to us why and talked us off the ledge. We already have plans to go to Canyon of the Eagles and Lake Travis in Mar, back to Travis in July, and Jamaica Beach on Galveston Island in Sep. We'll get down to Guadalupe River SP sometime in the late spring too. We are stoked to start hitting the road.
What was the issue? I ask becuase this happened to us last fall. Thank you
Old 04-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #90

Apparently it's not uncommon for the furnace to "smoke" a little when first used. Not really burning anything, but like your home heating system that has a funny smell when you fire it up at the beginning of the seae. We used it on a trip in Mar and had no problem at all.