Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
PPST OGCDG
 
Frank-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Between I-95 & The Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 2,163
National Parks Raising Entrance Fees

U.S. National Parks Get The Go-Ahead To Raise Entrance Fees
__________________

__________________
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
About time...each park is in need of additional funds to operate as the govt. continually has to trim the national budget...increase prices won't keep us from visiting


Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
How will this affect the (Lifetime Pass)? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Natureman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
About time...each park is in need of additional funds to operate as the govt. continually has to trim the national budget...increase prices won't keep us from visiting


Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear
I disagree. I think admittance fees should be low or free so everyone can enjoy public property. Funding to adequately maintain the national parks should come from an increase in their yearly budget which is 3.5 billion for 2015. The increase should be funded by the taxpayers at large, or by savings from eliminating low priority federal services.
__________________
Natureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natureman View Post

I disagree. I think admittance fees should be low or free so everyone can enjoy public property. Funding to adequately maintain the national parks should come from an increase in their yearly budget which is 3.5 billion for 2015. The increase should be funded by the taxpayers at large, or by savings from eliminating low priority federal services.
National Parks are not a necessity service to the public but a privilege that we get to enjoy...therefor, eliminating fees are not the answer...maintaing/increasing fees allow behind the scenes services that are provided by park staff to enhance our experience ,)

Before we allocate more taxpayer money to the Park System, I'd vote to redirect those funds to our military vets ,)
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central, Fl.
Posts: 1,107
I'm good with an increase if the money raised, stays with the parks. Those who use the parks should help pay for the upkeep!
__________________
2018 Forester 3011DS (Purchased 04/26/17)
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
I'm good with an increase if the money raised, stays with the parks. Those who use the parks should help pay for the upkeep!
The problem is it usually goes else where not stay where it should have.
__________________

__________________
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel
2014 Rockwood 2608WS
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.