Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdchurch View Post
It's a privately owned business. If that's what they choose to do that's their business. If its something I disagree with I'll just go somewhere else.
I think that sums it up nicely.
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
MIS...been there many times!

Just outside of my hometown...

Unfortunately...I probably can't afford what they are asking for a campsite there during a race week.

In my opinion they can stick those Campsites where the Sun Does Not Shine !
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The CG near my home, and the one we use a lot, always has tent campers. Maybe it’s not the norm but what I’ve noticed the most is small families camping with young children. That creates good and lasting memories for them.
Excellent point. I second that. My family started in '89 with a large heavy canvas tent with a centre pole, gradually moving up through two previously appreciated pop-ups to my now 29' TT. The girls still come and are now bringing their children. Super memories made. We prefer Provincial (State) parks as they have excellent facilities, private sites and are well run with regard to quiet hours, group camping, no-radio zones etc.
Previous TT: 2001 Rockwood Roo 232S
flookk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #84

If this CG had RV age limits then my neighbor wouldn’t be allowed to stay. One owner 1975 model. I know Airstream owners are a little picky about their rigs but 44 years???
Old 03-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #85

Quote:
I used to camp out in a tent and also in a popup. I’ve never considered myself “less fortunate” and find those comments very inappropriate.

Now about that late night rowdiness I have no comment. Whenever that happened I’m pretty sure I was out of the country. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
I was a tent camper back in the day. I had a "here, hold my beer and watch this" moment by accidentally starting a small fire from fireworks in the Smith Valley area of Nevada. Thankfully the nearby Walker River supplied the necessary extinguishment. The statute of limitations has long run out.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #86

I see many of our State Parks have Tent Camping only areas !!!
And there are some State Parks that are tent Camping Only !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #87

Iwritecode...are you referring to a location in ESVirginia?
ramyjo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #88
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramyjo47 View Post
Iwritecode...are you referring to a location in ESVirginia?
Nope, it's in Northern Illinois.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #89

I live in a RV park full time. No tents popups are fine. A lot of motorhomes there are two areas
One part is only MH the rest are mostly TT's 5ers and like mine a 40 ft park model. But to be honest I'm glad about no tents for camping but quite a few around have the quick tents and one couple with kids have a medium size tent behind their 5er. I think mostly to get rid of the 3 boys for a bit
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #90
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Some places have age restrictions (usually 55 plus) due to some tax breaks they may have received. I stayed in a RV park for 6 months near Denver, while my house was being built, and that was their situation. Wasn't that they hated kids or young people, it was just the set of rules that went along with whatever tax break or grant they received.

As for rules on what's allowed or not, maybe someday people will truly recognize that the business owner can do whatever they like as to age of RV, type of RV, or whether or not they want to accommodate tents. "Campers" are also free to decide whether or not they want to patronize places that have such restrictions. If the owner's business model isn't working then they'll go out of business. If they don't fail then it's clear there are plenty of customers that agree with them.

Being PO'd at owners or parks doesn't accomplish a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdchurch View Post
It's a privately owned business. If that's what they choose to do that's their business. If its something I disagree with I'll just go somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I just don't get the folks that are upset with RV parks that have exclusionary rules. It's easy to look them up and if you are excluded for whatever reason, find another! It doesn't mean they or the folks that use them are uppity. They are just filling a niche in the market.

When we stay in private parks, it is usually around Tucson and Phoenix. Lots of 55 and over parks with all the rules that seem to bother some folks in this thread. We were glad when we could finally start using them!

We are at Mayo Clinic for several weeks each year and appreciate the rules that can provide a quieter environment among folks our age. A more peaceful experience during our medical journey.

About the only differences we notice, is that there are more of what I call RVers, than campers like you would see in the backwoods. In either case, most folks are very friendly, just at different phases of life.

So we enjoy both. Parks with rules when we need them, and backwoods where we don't need any rules
^^Bingo!^^

Seems the ones in this thread upset the most, are the ones who DON'T want to follow the rules!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #91

Boy Howdy, at this point this topic has produced 90 replies with opinions of the issue at both ends and in-between. We're well into the last couple of generations of folks that have been raised having seldom been told no. Finding an example of least offense to anyone, I'll point out high school sports. In the 60's - 90's we had A and B teams … with the lesser accomplished players on the B team. Some kids were flat out sports deficient and did other activities that kept them involved. Today, we have C and a few cases D teams because no matter inherent skills or lack of, all must get their shot following the opinions of whoever shapes society now-days. My only point here is we all have things we don't have the inherent skills to do and no amount of opportunity can change that, so please hold off on replying about isolated stories about overcoming all odds as I fear this will derail quickly. Winding this down, as years pass, things in our lives change. Businesses come and go … management changes hands. Life is what it is. If an RV park or campground creates rules and can operate in the black despite those rules, that is business. If you don't agree with a certain rule or two don't give that place your business. You'll find other places you'll learn to like … maybe even better.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Business is business...

And it sounds like the company that now owns this campground has changed it from a campground to a place that caters more to people who aren't camping...but RV'ing.

Probably no campfires...possibly age controlled to keep the kids out...that kind of stuff!

Nothing wrong with that...
No fires, no kids!!! Why don't you just move into a retirement community if you're not going to come out and enjoy the outdoors with family
Or do what the new trend is with snow birds,stay at a Holiday Inn Express
Old 03-13-2019, 07:59 AM   #93

Quote:
If this CG had RV age limits then my neighbor wouldn’t be allowed to stay. One owner 1975 model. I know Airstream owners are a little picky about their rigs but 44 years???

Looks like they have a very nice, clean set up! What difference does it make that it's a 44 yr old trailer? They are the ones sleeping in it, and if they paid their money for the spot & not disturbing other campers, I don't understand what the concern would be.

2001 Suburban 2500 6.0 (former tow rig, now just party wagon)
MSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #94

That airstream looks fantastic for 44 years old. I’m currently here in galveston island texas for the winter. There is a fairly new campground near us that wanted to see pictures of my rv before they ALLOW me to soil their ground. That was after i told them that my fifth wheel was a 2018 that was less than a year old at the time. I again told them it was a 2018 and less than a year old. They still wanted to see pictures. Needless to say i didn’t stay there and didn’t say anything although i was thinking of numerous responses. Their rules are their rules.
Jim & peg. Jake the camper dog. RIP my friend. 01-11-2010 / 02-26-2020. 2018 flagstaff 8528ikws fifth wheel pushing 2014 f-150 eco-boost super crew. 2017 camped 14 weeks. 2018 4 months in texas. 2019 4 months in texas. 2019 21 days in michigan. 2019 2 months in arizona. 2020 4 months in arizona. U.S. Air Force Retired. 100% DAV
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #95
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer26 View Post
That airstream looks fantastic for 44 years old. I’m currently here in galveston island texas for the winter. There is a fairly new campground near us that wanted to see pictures of my rv before they ALLOW me to soil their ground. That was after i told them that my fifth wheel was a 2018 that was less than a year old at the time. I again told them it was a 2018 and less than a year old. They still wanted to see pictures. Needless to say i didn’t stay there and didn’t say anything although i was thinking of numerous responses. Their rules are their rules.
So, why are you so afraid to show them your RV if it's brand new?

If anything, you could have sent them a photo of it, then told them you wouldn't grace their campground with your brand new RV?

I show pictures of mine all the time...and it is old!

Almost 4-years old...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerNRA.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	831.1 KB
ID:	198684  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #96

JohnD10. I wasn’t afraid to show them any pics of my rv i just thought it was completly stupid to ask for pics of a new unit. That just suggested a lousey snobbatorium for a campground. I don’t need that sort of crap in my life.
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #97

Beacon Hill is a great little campground in Intercourse Pennsylvania, no kids under 16.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #98
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer26 View Post
JohnD10. I wasn’t afraid to show them any pics of my rv i just thought it was completly stupid to ask for pics of a new unit. That just suggested a lousey snobbatorium for a campground. I don’t need that sort of crap in my life.
So why should they believe you just because you said so over the phone?

Give them the photo...what the heck?

And you call them "snobs"?

Think about it...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #99

Two groups on this thread, some that dont mind camping with us people and those that do. Where do you fit in. I'm with the wanderer. Bring what you got, well camp together and have a ball.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #100

i really don't care what you have, some of the nicest folks we have met are camping in for lack of a better word POS
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote