Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

RV campground software index

I'm planning a 4 week trip across country and looking for a good RV trip planner. Any recommendations, their are so many to choose from that I don't know where to start..... thanks
TomKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:52 AM   #2

We found campgroundreviews.com to be the best. We use it to pick our overnight stops as well as destinations stays. Like Amazon, the reviews folk write are where the real value is.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaps2018 View Post
We found campgroundreviews.com to be the best. We use it to pick our overnight stops as well as destinations stays. Like Amazon, the reviews folk write are where the real value is.
X2

Bruce
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
Always Learning

Here is an article on Trip Planning that I wrote:
Let’s go! Trip planning apps and websites | Learn To RV

I'm in love with the RVParky.com Trip Planner. They recently upgraded it and dealt with some of my complaints that I had previously.

The same folks who run this site also own campgroundreviews.com and the RV Trip Wizard.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #5

RVillage.com

Input destinations, click on "parks" .. you'll see campground in areas.. you can see how many members have visited each park.. .Good Sam is also a good resource.. look at the campgrounds with Google Earth.. can't go wrong...
thom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #6

For the travel itself...I like the Good Sam Trip planner which lets me highlight campgrounds along the route at the proper mileage and look at them...both Good Sam and non Good Sams are included. Once I've narrowed the choices down...I then go to campgroundreviews.com to narrow down the choices with reviews and complete information.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #7

"RV Trip Wizard" I like it.
feedfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I'm in love with the RVParky.com Trip Planner. They recently upgraded it and dealt with some of my complaints that I had previously.

The same folks who run this site also own campgroundreviews.com and the RV Trip Wizard.
When you say 'this site' - do you mean literally *this* site - FRF ? Or LearnToRV / RVParky ?

The reason I ask is that I watched the TripWizard overview on YT yesterday; since I already have Good Sam's trip planner, I didn't see the value of ponying up for TripWizard as well. But that could change, if the owners also provide the FRF forum for us here.

IMO, TripWizard is a very good app; that elevation feature is very nice, as well as the radius shown of your anticipated travel for the day (and the parks that are nearby.) I also think the UI is pretty intuitive (saying this as a former IT guy, so take that as you will)

I just wish there were still a version for Android (most of my serious planning would be on the PC app, anyway). I just hate apps that are 'Apple OS only'.
Reprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #9
jkoenig24

~$10 will get you AllStays Camp & RV app (either iOS or Android). I don't believe it will plan a route for you but, it has LOTS of information that is useful to RVers who are planning trips.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprise View Post
When you say 'this site' - do you mean literally *this* site - FRF ? Or LearnToRV / RVParky ?
FRF.

RV & Travel Trailer - Social Knowledge
Old 04-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKu View Post
I'm planning a 4 week trip across country and looking for a good RV trip planner. Any recommendations, their are so many to choose from that I don't know where to start..... thanks
You asked for a “trip planner”. So I am assuming you want something that will give you a route from point A to point B with campgrounds, fuel stops, rest areas, low clearances, campground reviews, etc.

For this I use rvtripwozard.com. It is not free. It is $40 per year membership. I personally find it very useful. Back in the day I used Microsoft streets and maps but that software went away. I use rvtripwizard on my iPad.

I also use allstays camp but it does not route your trip. I love allstays when just browsing for a campgrounds in a general area.

Go to their web page and watch the demo.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #12

https://roadtrippers.com/

I use RoadTrippers.com to provide routing and points of interest planning as well as campground information. This is not primarily an RV site and it doesn't do routing based on RV dimensions (low bridges, etc.). But I find it especially useful to see what is along the route that I might be sorry I missed. You can filter by type of points of interest, including campgrounds, national parks, scenic byways, museums, etc. By default it will search within 30 miles of your route for things you have selected but you can change the search area to infinity, in which case it will show everything within the window of the map at current zoom level.

The site has a lot to offer, but it can be a bit slow sometimes.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKu View Post
I used park advisor, worked great easy to pull up parks and read reviews, connected to navigation.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #14

Trip planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom125 View Post
RVillage.com

Input destinations, click on "parks" .. you'll see campground in areas.. you can see how many members have visited each park.. .Good Sam is also a good resource.. look at the campgrounds with Google Earth.. can't go wrong...
RVillage gives us a ruff idea of our route. Haven't tried RVParky.com Trip Planner yet.
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

X2
125992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg