Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #1

RW 2906ws - First Trip: What failed - CW service vs Blue Dog

We bought our RW FR UL 2906ws in Oct 2016 from Jamatt in OK. We live in Vegas and had our son in NE pick it up. It got to Vegas in Dec. It's parked in our yard and plugged in. All systems worked fine. Fridge was cold, ac worked, heat. We didn't use the toilet, but water came through the faucets and the stove turned on. We put a ProPride hitch on it.

We took it to Blue Dog in Vegas for the Furrion dvd not being hooked up right on the TV and some running lights not working. They fixed them.

Getting ready to hitch up with help from the service guys at Blue Dog we bent our front jack. It wouldn't go up. So, we had to drive home with it partially down. The RV"experts" at Blue Dog also sent us on our way without the ProPride hitch on our Ram 2500 secured to the trailer. (they put the pin in front of the hitch, not behind it.)

Unbelievably, we made it all the way home (10 miles) without the trailer separating from or truck! An angel must have been holding the hitch together. We got home and backing into our driveway the trailer fell off the hitch.. we haven't been back to Blue Dog since. Lesson:REMOVE everything from the fridge before taking the RV to a service call - 5 bottles of white wine ruined

We took it out to Camping World Las Vegas to have the water checked. We couldn't find a bypass on it. It sat there for a month, waiting for parts. (water pump and a door knob). Lesson:always put a towel in the fridge doors when you get to service so the fridge doesn't smell when you pick up.

We had a chance to go to Utah with our experienced RV friends and picked up our 2906ws. lesson:Always see if you can take it home till the parts come, ours sat for a month at CW

Once home we plugged it in, fridge was cold, the water was still not working right. The large awning twisted an arm when my husband retracted it and bent like taffy. Our pool guy was able to take the bent parts off so we could still go on our trip. We had to leave it up

The day of the trip, we hooked up and got on our way. The ProPride was great. Didn't even feel like we were towing anything. My Furrion Observation/BU cam wouldn't pair, but we were OK.

Arrived at Temple View RV Park set up and the Dometic fridge was DOA. No lights - nothing. We checked fuses, power, they all were fine. Our friends put our stuff in their fridge and we got a cooler. lesson: always carry a cooler for backup. With the water pump issue we couldn't use shore water. We filled the fresh tank with our filter on it and that worked fine. We could use the toilet. We plugged in and our 2 AC units worked great. It was 110 and the bedroom was freezing.

We headed home and went straight to CW for repairs. I have to say that our service rep there is amazing. He would answer my frantic text messages at 10p.He evensent diagrams trying to help with the fridge problem. Fabulous guy so much better than the Blue Dog rep,he wouldn't even answer a phone call!

Our CW rep, Hector got the Furrion BU cam paired. (running lights must be on).

We were blessed to take our first trip with a guy who KNOWS how to do all things RV. We had a tutor with us. And my son in NE is an RV guru, so we can call him, too. We are very lucky to have help.

We love the FR RW Ultralight 2906ws layout. So roomy and comfortable. The recliners are vinyl and very sticky in hot weather. We are getting covers for them. I found this site https://veradoxdesigns.com/ They make recliner covers and will work with your type of setup.

I learned that you should put your AC on auto to recirculate the AC. I had it on high all the time, putting it on low didn't seem to make any difference. CW is checking that, too. I don't know how we could have survived without a 50amp and 2 AC's in that heat. Our friends have a FR Class C 30amp and it was much stuffier in their rig. We ate meals in ours.

Also, you don't need a lot of food. Pack for a picnic x days. Or clothes (we were gone 3 nights) just more stuff to bring in the house when you get home. I had bought a huge bag with a zipper and I was able to put our toiletry bags, misc. and clothes easily in the back of our Ram.

We used our laptop to watch Fox News using the RV park wifi on youtube.

I hope this helps. The DOA fridge was totally unexpected. It's brand new and worked fine before we left. Must have been a motherboard. If we had had a plug in cooler we would have been in better shape to handle that glitch.

Awning, water pump and system - those were the other failures on a brand new Rockwood. All under warranty. We bought the 2nd year warranty from them, too.

In Vegas - CW is much better than Blue Dog for warranty work and expertise. The ProPride was $$$ but it performed well, no sway and easy towing.

Judy and Dan Las Vegas
2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Cummings
Judygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #2

The Camping World that I brought my Cedar Creek at sucks and the warranty that I brought from Camping World is not worth the paper it's written on.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, service