Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #261

bodzcampers . . . just wondering how your DH is doing after surgery. I have had two back surgeries and a third is a possibility. Hope he enjoyed the jammies. In our thoughts and prayers. Happy new year!!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #262
MI Camperz

Thank you for asking. Mike is doing very well. It was quite extensive L3 through S1, so it will be slow. Can you believe he was boogie boarding at the end of August? What a difference a few months can make. I strongly believe the next few months will reverse the fortunes again and Mike will be back to enjoying being able to tie his own shoes! LOL, jk.....all his normal fun stuff!
[ATTACH]44584
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3393.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	44584  
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #263

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Mike is doing fine and hopefully he'll get better with each coming day.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #264
Phat Phrog

So glad to hear he is recovering!!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #265

I may have missed this thread . . . I have heard from others on the topic of lifting the seasonal camper off the tires. We did not last year. Is it recommended to keep the camper off the tires for year round seasonal camping? Also, since I live in Wisconsin and there is always the frost issue in the Spring, if the camper is lifted off tires, will we have to adjust the level of the camper each year? Do we keep the camper off tires in winter or lower it to the tires?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #266

Wiscoheel, I've never heard of lifting the tires off the ground. Just block it up well and keep the tire pressure stable. Now this is my first year seasonal so I'm not a professional but all the research I've done doesn't point to what you are suggesting.

Well I'm getting overly restless. I ordered more parts in preparation. Just last week my scissor jacks came in for added stability as well as my Hott Rod electric water heater element. I bought a dorm fridge for the "beverage cooler" a couple weeks ago as well. All of these fun toys sitting in the basement and I can't do anything with them. Bring on the warm weather please.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #267

Put the golf cart in the shop for a tune up, and starting to pick up some of the misc items that we need. Plan to open up the first weekend after April 1st. So looking forward to it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forest River Forums mobile app
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 02-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #268

you don't need to lift the camper off the tires but We put some wolmanized 2x8's under ours to keep them off of the the dirt and grass. It helps prolong the tire life especially in our campground where we leave our camper there year around. I also cover them to keep the ultra violet sun rays off of them.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #269

we have been seasonal for 8 years now and I do not lift tires off the camper is up and blocked with slight mabey 2/3 erds of the weight still on the tires I use the 4 corner jacks as well as 4 bottle jacks 2 in front of the axels and 2 behind the axels this makes it very sturdy with no movement or flex just like a foundation I also have turned in to the ground 4 anchors just in between the jacks and then strapped the camper down I tightened them down snug but not overly tight with turn buckles this also helps keep everything nice and stable I check the camper a couple times per season four settling but have not had to make any adjustments in a few years happy camping
Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #270

Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
This will be our third year at the same location on Boone Lake near Bristol Motor Speedway. We are planning to place an order for a new Sandpiper or Sierra 393CK in the next week or so to replace the existing 02 Gulfstream park model. I spend as much time as I can there and have probably un-winterized and winterized more this year than most folks do in 6 years. If the overnight lows are above freezing I think I need to be there to enjoy the peace and quiet and views of the lake. I've got my winterize process down to about 10 minutes and 2 gallons of pink to do the whole system so I don't feel bad showing up for a short weekend.

Here's a view from the patio...

If we get the urge to travel we just get on the boat and go visit a part of the lake we haven't been to yet.

Our spot is an hour and ten minutes from home so I've even commuted to work a few times. There's power, city water and septic so I've got solid PVC connections for that. It's not in a campground but a small neighborhood of about 10 homes. We've got great neighbors and a slice of heaven as far as I'm concerned. Even the grass cooperates and doesn't need to be mowed but about once a month due to all the shade.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #271

Great looking place to relax trucky!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #272

Seasonal Costs

Just curious. Are seasonal sites typically owned or rented? What are approx costs? I realize it would be site dependent but i am just looking for generalities. I have to admit it is a very appealing concept to have everything in place and ready for the quick get away without having all the work of getting the rig there and set up.
Here is to a great season to all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 & Puma.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	47299  
Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #273

In our case we rent. This year the cost will be @$3400 for the year. We really like our spot, and having a seasonal slot enables us to continue camping despite any health issues. We are able to stay the entire summer from May through mid-October and can still run home if we have to.
Sue
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #274
Oklahoma Proud

We've been planning on doing the seasonal camping this season too. I love that we wouldn't have to spend all the time setting up and moving, and honestly, seasonal is cheaper for us. We can leave the boat at our site and then only drive one vehicle.

One place was $300 a month with, water, sewer and electric.
Another spot that we really want, if they get an opening, is $135 a month for water and sewer, and then you have your own electric meter.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #275

Our seasonal site is rented for @$1750 per year. It is a campground for only seasonal campers which makes it great. We get to know the other campers who are also regular. Our campground is open April 15 through October 15, depending on the frost and other weather issues. As others have said, we just drive to our site and turn on water and the lights and off we go. Also, we are able to have a small shed in which to place our supplies. We have a limit to the size of decks. I have no problem with that. All sites are shaded and fairly level. The owners are very hands on.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #276

Our costs include water and sewer. We do have an electric meter.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #277

Ours is rented and it is $1200 a year and is open all year (winter is electric only) and we pay a monthly electric bill.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #278

Ours seasonal site is open from May 1st to Columbus Day. We pay for electric and the cost is $3600 and an additional $200 for winter storage.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #279

Ours is rented - river front - we pay elec- free water - pay for honey wagon - have shed - full length of rig deck with lower level across the back facing river to watch the parade of canoes, kayakers and personal water tubes all day - $$ priceless pure entertainment from April to November every summer
Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #280
Moderator Emeritus

You're right about the prices being subjective. Some places I've looked at are 3000+ for a season, my parents on the other hand pay about $700.