Old 06-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #191

Ok, he is concerned about..was it designed to run for 6 months without being shut off the whole time. The food inside wasn't a concern. He just doesn't want to have to replace the fridge because it was left running. We bought the mini fridge for $70. Replacing the main fridge inside will be much more expensive.

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
poppy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #192
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy127 View Post
Ok, he is concerned about..was it designed to run for 6 months without being shut off the whole time. The food inside wasn't a concern. He just doesn't want to have to replace the fridge because it was left running. We bought the mini fridge for $70. Replacing the main fridge inside will be much more expensive.
This is a great idea! Definitely, replacing a mini fridge is waaaaaaaaay less expensive than an RV fridge.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #193
MI Camperz

Shed Makeover

Remember that putrid green shed we moved to our new site this spring?
Well, the make-over is done. DH even took the back off and extended it two feet longer so we can park the golf cart in it. Then it got fresh paint to match our trailer and deck and new shingles. DH was even kind to let me put up some artsy stuff.
Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	33656

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	33657

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	33658

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	33659
Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #194
Moderator Emeritus

Oh my gosh Bodz.....that looks terrific!!! Love your final touches! It just changes the ambiance entirely!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #195

Best looking campground shed I've ever seen!!!

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy127 View Post

Think about folks that full time. Their fridges would never be turned off, and I have not heard of any issues. A sister and BIL have lived in their motor home 24/7 since Sept. 2010 and thay have had no issues whatsoever.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #197

Has anyone else had their water system start producing a bad odor. I have a 20 gallon hot water heater that is hard to drain so I put water to the system at the beginning of the year and do not drain the tank between visits and since I leave the trailer parked, I do not disconnect water lines. I do turn off the water before I leave. I did not have a problem last year at all. Now, I have a bad smell when we first turn the water on. I have read about sanitizing the fresh water system on the net which all basically say to fill the fresh water tank with a mixture of bleach and water and push through the system. My problem is my fresh tank is 40 gallons and I have a 20 gallon hot water heater so half will just go to my water heater. I guess i could fill the fresh tank twice. Should I try this method or has anyone just added bleach at their city water connection and flushing the system that way.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #198
MI Camperz

By bad odor....can you be more specific?
We have the mother load of water problems in this region. First, the well water smells like rotten eggs (sulfur bacteria) when it's heated and sometimes even when it's cold. Second, it is loaded with rust so the water is often yellow orange and turns everything it touches orange.
Our solutions:
1. We use a charcoal filter at the water spout and another where the water enters the camper. (Not a cheapy campco).

2. We use an iron filter which clears out the iron and other impurities...they generally cost about $1000.00...but no way around it if you have iron...nothing else filters it. Now we can safely get our things wet. As newbies here last year, we didn't know the rust in the water could spoil everything on contact. Thank heavens it didn't get on our camper, but it turned our green shed orange from watering the grass and my car got a nice orange/mother of pearl sheen (Gross). Planned on painting the shed anyway, which we did this year. The car had to be buffed out.

3. Because the area's well water is so bad, there are many "water stores" where you can buy purified water in small or large quantities and that is what we use to drink or cook with. Our triple filtered water is clear and smells fine now, but I still don't trust it. It is safe however to clean things with now and no longer stinks.

Name:   rustyshed.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  22.4 KB

Hope this helped with possible problem solving...and above all, you know you're not alone.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #199

No rust down here...it smells like rotten eggs sort of. Just plain stinks. I am using a charcoal filter at the entrance to the camper. I think I need to sanitize the water heater and water lines to get rid of it.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #200
MI Camperz

Another thing you can do, is take a water sample to be analyzed. We took one to Sears so we knew what was in it to purchase the correct solutions. If the sulfur bacteria is in the water, I suspect it will come back. Sears offered the analysis for free. It was done on the spot with various litmus-type testing strips. I'm personally (probably unjustified) afraid of adding bleach to water supply or lines for possible corrosive qualities and just poisoning the water per se'. But that is prolly just a feeling I have, not based on first hand knowledge.