Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #201

We have the same issue especially in the spring and fall when school starts and we aren't here all the time. You take the pressure out of the system and bacteria will grow.Turn off water and remove hose. Then I add bleach to the fresh water hose as much as I can usually a few cups. Then reattach hose and turn water back on then go inside I usually go to the faucet furthest from the water inlet and run some hot then cold until you can smell bleach. Turn off water at tap then let set a few hours. Then turn water back on and flush your system out good untill you no longer have a bleach odor. I usually start with the hot because it takes longer for the hot water heater to get flushed out. I have tried several of the filters on the market and with the water pressure in our campground you can hardly have enough pressure to take a shower when they are in line. So this method works for me and I also use a sediment filter inline which hardly restricts water flow.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #202

Thanks for the info, that is kind of what I was thinking about doing. I have never even used my fresh water tank so I think I will give your method a shot and if that does not work, then I will try the fresh water tank trick. Everywhere I have read is to put in a quarter cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water that your take holds so for me that a little under 3/4 a cup.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #203
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaxle View Post
We have the same issue especially in the spring and fall when school starts and we aren't here all the time. You take the pressure out of the system and bacteria will grow.Turn off water and remove hose. Then I add bleach to the fresh water hose as much as I can usually a few cups. Then reattach hose and turn water back on then go inside I usually go to the faucet furthest from the water inlet and run some hot then cold until you can smell bleach. Turn off water at tap then let set a few hours. Then turn water back on and flush your system out good untill you no longer have a bleach odor. I usually start with the hot because it takes longer for the hot water heater to get flushed out. I have tried several of the filters on the market and with the water pressure in our campground you can hardly have enough pressure to take a shower when they are in line. So this method works for me and I also use a sediment filter inline which hardly restricts water flow.
Not so intimidating after all! Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #204

We just signed the lease on our first seasonal site yesterday. We have quite a bit if work to do before its ready to go but should be up and running by Mid July.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1930883032.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	34336
Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #205
MI Camperz

Congrats and enjoy! Please keep us posted with pictures of your progress.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #206
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat55 View Post
We just signed the lease on our first seasonal site yesterday. We have quite a bit if work to do before its ready to go but should be up and running by Mid July.
Looks like it is a great spot!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #207

Quote:
Congrats, nice looking site!

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #208
MI Camperz

Well finally! Nice hot weather. Been boating, swimming, fishing, and being the camper bumbs we love to be! G.G. our new puppy loves to swim! That's good. I'll have to get some pics and post them soon. p.s. I, won the fishing tournament today. Biggest fish, most fish, and most species. Thanks daddy for teaching me how to fish.
House it going with everyone else?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #209

Quote:

Attachment 34336
Looks ready to go to me just needs a camper all the rest is window dressing and not necessary. It's all up from there I found out that I take my time setting up every spring I used to go all out and got it done in a day or two but now I take my time because life is short lol. I consider my lot a work in progress and since I rent it on a yearly basis I just make it comfortable for me and my guests. Looks like you have a nice site there I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #210

Its coming along. The first load of gravel is down and the camper is in!!!!! I'm still trying to decide if I want to add gravel to the right side. I like having a little grass, but it gets pretty swampy after heavy rain over there. Next weekend the shed and fire pit go in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2648251708.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	36398

« Contaminated Water | - »