Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #231

travyp,
Congrats on securing your seasonal site from a fellow Wisconsinite! We really enjoy the whole 'turn key' approach to this different style of camping. It'll take you awhile to get your site set up the way you want/like. Just don't try to do too much at a time, after all your there to enjoy yourselves. Looking forward to some pics.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmac1964 View Post
Our seasonal camping ends on 10/31, but the campground remains open all year. I generally go down for deer season, but I will be in a cabin this year and next, since I still have a one week cabin rental voucher for them, but will be back in the camper after that. Our camper will stay on site all year, the only difference is, between 10/31 and 4/1 is has to be tow ready. After 4/1 it can be left ready to camp. We can still use it through the winter if we want to, but don't make it down much in the off months.
I'm confused. If it is open year round, why does it have to be tow ready? What is the purpose of that? Our contract goes May 1st to April 31st and I did not see any stipulation that it can't be used as much as desired. They just won't be up in the office but reachable by phone if a need arises. October 12th we are going up there for a Halloween party and will snap a few pictures. Maybe the current people will even be moving out by then. I know I should take it slow but I like to have everything done and then relax after . I'll def show progress as it happens. This winter is going to be a long one. Oh and thanks Wiscampsin

Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
I'm confused. If it is open year round,
Our seasonal sites only go from 4/1 to 10/31, after that it is considered to be in storage. During the storage portion of the year, they want it to be tow ready in case they have to do maintenance on the site, or surrounding area. That way all they have to do is hood it, and move it out of the way. I can still use it whenever I want, but that is their rules, so i abide by them. Last year was the first year they actually let us store them on site. before that, we had to either put them in the storage lot at the campground, or take them to storage somewhere else.

I don't really mind it. Being two hours from the campground, if there is a problem with trees or something, I can have them move it, and save myself 5 hours or so of driving and moving a camper around.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #234

With the beautiful weather this past weekend it was hard to believe it was time but we winterized yesterday and closed the book on our 6th season at our seasonal site. Water is shut off tomorrow. Hosted the campfire Saturday night for all our friends, a good time was had by all . At least we get together with some of them over the winter.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #235
One Happy Camper!

Im going out to ours this weekend to close up for the season. My camper will be in service most of the winter, so it is really just to clean up the lot. It's always sad at the end of the season.

SPPD

TV: 13 F-150 Screw EB Max Tow, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
SPPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #236

Yes done camping for another year, the weather made for a great last weekend camping.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #237

Plan to winterize on the weekend of 11/1. The next two weekends will be trick or treat at the campground, and then close it up for the season the next. Gonna miss it, but I'm also looking forward to some weekends at home. We have been at the camper every weekend but one since the first of April.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #238
MI Camperz

KIT over the winter everyone. We're closing 10/30.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #239

We closed 3 weeks ago and am glad we did even though we hate doing it. As I type this it is now snowing at our campground and has been below freezing for several nights.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #240

Our water is still on and the crappies are still biting, just can't bring myself to leave.we still have flowers blooming and haven't had a hard freeze yet in southern Michigan.