Old 04-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
Going to take a ride tomorrow to see how much snow they still have up in Lakewood. I'm hoping I don't see much.

Where do you camp in Lakewood?? We are have a seasonal in Lakewood for the first time this year. I hear they still have 15 inches of snow up there.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #322

We are at Heavens up North. We ended up not taking a ride as we got an email from the owners stating they got hit hard again last week. Oh well. Did some more prep on the camper this weekend. I think we are about ready to go. Now it's the waiting game. Makes it worse because we have no snow down here in the Fox Cities so I'm ready to get up there.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #323

I've heard of your campground but have never been there. We are at Maple Heights. I cannot wait to get up there this year! We got in a few weekends of camping last year but were not on our permanent site so we are looking forward to getting on our site and getting everything set up!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #324

Seasonal camping thread

I actually didn't know about yours until last night surfing the web a bit. We have some friends at Heavens up North and got to meet more the few times we went up there. Actually we are originally from Peshtigo so we ended up knowing some from there too. If you ever feel like it take a ride over and you can have a beverage with us . It is a very nice area though. Wish it was just a bit closer but it sure beats hauling the camper and setting up every weekend. Maybe we will see you around town. We should be there almost every weekend.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #325

I love the Lakewood/Townsend area. We rented a cabin in Townsend for years. Then we traveled to Vegas mostly and went on a few cruises. Now we decided to get back to camping but go the camper route. My husband works just about every weekend and our camper is a bit much to tow with our truck so we decided to go seasonal right away. We have friends at Maple Heights and that is actually where we bought our camper. Someone was selling it out front of the campground and we bought it right away...so it all fell into place. I am looking forward to starting the camping season. It is about a 2 hour drive for us but that doesn't bother me a bit. I plan to be up almost every weekend as well!! Lots of ATV trails in the area so we will have our 4-wheeler there. Do you have ATV trails near your campground? Where exactly is your campground?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #326

It's out on Lake John road. Take F east a short distance out of town and then north on Lake John road. That is actually part of an ATV trail so we can go right out of the campground which is nice. Have fun and take some pics when you get set up.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #327

Going on site Saturday. The weather forecast is for highs in the 60s and lows in the mid 30s. The water is supposed to be on but do I hook up or not with a chance that the night time temps may dip below 32 on occasion?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Thanks Wiscampsin. We do need rest. I didn't even begin to tell the harrowing story of getting our pontoon running. First, it was blown off the bricks by wind over the winter. Second, it died in the middle of the lake when we put it in. Had to troll/chug it in to dock. Third, when we docked it after trolling in, it started to sink from leaks when it was blown off that we couldn't see with blind eye. This was an emergency including police helicopters flying overhead to make sure the boat didn't sink and/or people didn't drown. Fourth, to get it out of the water, had to remove dock to pull it out of water onto shore b/c it wouldn't have made it back to the inlet. It was literally one side up like a catamaran doing tricks. Fifth, we had an aluminum welder out, only to have him say we had to bring it to his shop. Brought to shop and back 40 miles away. Took to boat repair for stalling issue. 6 weeks later, he couldn't figure out the problem. Had towed to different repair facility who brought it back and had the same thing happened. A third repair shop finally got it right. Treated them to a pizza party. Put dock back in. OMG! Oy -eeee-Vay! As if moving and rebuilding wasn't enough. LOL.
Anyway, have fun with building your fire pit. Here's a pic of ours and in the middle we used lava rock which doesn't show well in the pic, but helps with drainage, looks nice (when DH leaves debris out)Attachment 48032, and helps hold heat. I think we'll add more rock and extend the square bricks out to make a patio, but NOT this year!
Love, love, love your firepit. What size block and how many did you use around the outside? And is that just river rock or something similar on the inside of that?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #329
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Love, love, love your firepit. What size block and how many did you use around the outside? And is that just river rock or something similar on the inside of that?
Hi Jenner; Thanks. The bricks abour 18-20", don't think a whole 2'. Available at home depots, menards, etc. I don't know how many. I'll count when we go out there. The ring is a 36" if that helps.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #330

Looking at the pic of bodzcampers fire pit it looks like 5 blocks on each side for a total of 16.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote