Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #41

Wink Anybody wanna talk birds?

Hadn't thought about it Lynn, but now you've given me incentive to hang a few feeders on our site. We did see some hummingbirds last season feeding from the flowers around our site, but I don't recall seeing finches. Maybe I'll get a feeder and see if we can attract them. I am an early riser, and love to sit outside with my coffee in the morning and observe the little creatures of the world. We have lots of chipmunks and little red squirrels, and sometimes even the wild turkeys are out roaming through the park too.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #42
MI Camperz

Sounds Nice! Making me crave warm weather more. Just remember, to attract the Yellow Finches, Thistle Seed is the key.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #43
MI Camperz

Just for fun...this is one of the peacocks that lives on a farm adjacent to our campground...they often hang around the entrance/guard shack for treats.Click image for larger version

Name:	084.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	26444
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #44

We are lucky enough to have an Agway store not to far from the campground. Will be heading there as soon as the season starts, and I'll be sure to get the thistle seed. I understand and feel your pain. If it doesn't stop snowing around here soon I am afraid the May 1st opening will be delayed because of muddy roads and ruts! It's been a loooong Winter!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #45

wow may 1 opening is a long ways , I am at a year round campground with april 13 the seasonal open.

I have a bird feeder all set to go just have to get some seeds. I want to get a metal pail to hold extra seeds, that will keep out the mice and tree rats.

also thinking about setting up a hummingbird feeder as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #46

Any way to get this seasonal forum set up as a sub group. I am not sure who to ask?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #47

the wife and i have had a seasonal site in Chincoteague,Va. for the past 9 years. upgraded to a 2008 Rockwood 8315SS back in 2009. we felt we were at the best site on the island,but that all came to an end thanks to hurricane sandy. damage to the park and a number of trailers was substantial enough that the owners decided not to rebuild the park,so everyone was told we had to vacate .we have relocated to another park,but starting this weekend i will be going through the process of resetting the trailer,porch,deck and shed. also have to replumb the sewage hookup. i think i am in for a busy weekend.....

this "was" the nicest park on the island !

Old 03-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete52 View Post
...I have a bird feeder all set to go just have to get some seeds. I want to get a metal pail to hold extra seeds, that will keep out the mice and tree rats.
As long as the metal pail has a cover.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #49

realebill,

That's a shame about your site on the island. Sounds like alot of work for a weekend. Good luck getting your new site ready and share some pics when you can.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
As long as the metal pail has a cover.
Agways sells the metal pails with metal covers. I checked them out a few weeks ago when I was getting propane.