Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #81

now that the trailer is setup in place,my next project is to install satellite tv. just ordered a dish network dual tuner receiver . i already have the dish. now the challenge is going to be the hookup. wish me luck !
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #82

I drove up today to get some things done. Checked tire air pressure, hooked up shore power, put slides out, hooked up sewer hose, wiped down cabinet shelves, drawers, countertops, used leaf blower under camper, swept floor, vac carpet, and a bunch of other little stuff. It was hard to leave and come home. Water gets turned on next weekend so I'll hook up water hose, filter, regulator then. There is light at the end of the tunnel .
Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #83
MI Camperz

Have fun Wiscampsin!!! Almost there!
Good Luck Reale with the Satellite hook up. We have Wi-Fi for computers here, and only antennae for TV. We get six channels. Most of the time have to go to a sports bar to watch the Tigers' games. Go Tigers!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #84

CG opens next week and I can't wait. Been a long winter!!!! Do want to remind people that to make sure the sites they pick out will accomodate their rv's before signing the paper !. Several new people moved in last year and when they brought their rv's out the space was too small. We're also allowed to have roofs over our rv's & decks and there were 1 or 2 that found out the hard way the roof was too short for the camper. Not easy to raise a roof.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #85

^^^ or lower a camper. At our place owner will take a 100' tape measure along when showing prospective renters available sites. To his surprise many don't even know how long their camper is.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
^^^ or lower a camper.
It's very easy to lower a camper, you just need to go fast enough!
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmac1964 View Post
It's very easy to lower a camper, you just need to go fast enough!
Or let some air out of the tires
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #88
MI Camperz

storage "mod"

Our shed's too full, so we built this 70" x 30" x 32" box that slides under our campsite deck for extra storage. It is made with all treated wood, galvanized, or stainless hardware. We've planning a second, both rear facing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	27224

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	27225

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	27226
Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #89
MI Camperz

Casita Screenhouse

These are really popular where we are seasonal. Hard-framed screenhouse with an actual door. Most people put them on a wood deck or patio-tiled surface. I want to get one later this season or next season at the latest. Sam's club has the best prices. The ad says to take them down in winter, but most people keep the frame up and only take down the roof.

Are they popular elsewhere?

Free Standing Screen Rooms | Casita | Square Style Screen Enclosures.

Lynn and Mike
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #90
One Happy Camper!

I have seen quite a few of them at out Recreational Community. Our association also requires that the fabric be taken down from December 1st through April 1st. They look pretty nice.

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #91

I agree we need a Seasonal Camping Thread! Sometimes when I am searching the threads to solve a problem, it does not apply to me because my camper is stationary 8 months out of the year. We have a seasonal spot at Pomme De Terre Lake in Central Missouri. I have had my spot for about 7 years now. We would not trade it for anything! We use the camper more as a lake house. Get there, unload, turn the AC on and crack open a cold beverage! Last year we upgraded to a Salem Park Model and we love it after our other travel trailer got stolen over the winter in a storage lot. Here are some pictures of my spot:

This is the view out of my sliding door from my couch!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #92
MI Camperz

That is gorgeous powerboat fan! I love your pines for shade too!
Just curious why you only keep it there part of the year. Does your CG require you to remove it at the end of every season?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #93

Thanks...The Corp of Engineers requires that we remove them from Dec. 1 to March 1 every year. I do not own the lot, I have the rights to the lease every year for the spot.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrboatfan View Post
I agree we need a Seasonal Camping Thread! Sometimes when I am searching the threads to solve a problem, it does not apply to me because my camper is stationary 8 months out of the year. We have a seasonal spot at Pomme De Terre Lake in Central Missouri. I have had my spot for about 7 years now. We would not trade it for anything! We use the camper more as a lake house. Get there, unload, turn the AC on and crack open a cold beverage! Last year we upgraded to a Salem Park Model and we love it after our other travel trailer got stolen over the winter in a storage lot. Here are some pictures of my spot:

This is the view out of my sliding door from my couch!
That's a great spot, sure can see sitting there relaxing on a summers afternoon with a cold one
Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #95

That's a beautiful site pwrboatfan!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
These are really popular where we are seasonal. Hard-framed screenhouse with an actual door. Most people put them on a wood deck or patio-tiled surface. I want to get one later this season or next season at the latest. Sam's club has the best prices. The ad says to take them down in winter, but most people keep the frame up and only take down the roof.

Are they popular elsewhere?

Free Standing Screen Rooms | Casita | Square Style Screen Enclosures.

Lynn and Mike
There's somebody that has one where we have our seasonal site. Not sure if it's the same one, but looks like it. When they built their deck they put plastic screen between the joists and decking so the bugs wouldn't get through the deck boards. They do remove the roof and sides during the winter.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #97
MI Camperz

Thanks Wiscampsin! If we put ours on a wood deck, will be sure and do that!
Makes sense.
Lynn and Mike
Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #98
MI Camperz

Exactly two weeks from today till we're scheduled to go to our seasonal for the summer! Gawd, it seems like forever!
I'm off for the next week to study for final coming up.
I can study there though. Couldn't I? We should go, shouldn't we? I wouldn't be distracted, anymore than I am here on FRF.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #99

You could go! And you should go! Study hard and best of luck on your final.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #100

Putting it on site this weekend! Could have put it there on the first of April, but had too many things to do, so the time is now! Will be there for the entire week, turkey hunting in the mornings, and piddling around with the camper in the afternoons, and hopefully weather permitting, sitting around the fire in the evening enjoying nature.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Closed Thread